• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eurovision Song Contest 2019 ("Dare To Dream", Tel Aviv)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Eurovision Song Contest 2019 ("Dare To Dream", Tel Aviv)

It's that time of year again! Semi-finals for Eurovision 2019 will be happening on Tues 14th and Thurs 16th May, and the Grand Final on Sat 18th May.

Figured we could use a thread to get h y p e d - who's watching this year? Who are your favourites? Do you think your country stands a chance of winning? Will the UK finish any higher than 20th?

I've been pretty hyped for the last couple weeks, my favourites keep changing but currently they're Italy, Czechia, Portugal, Switzerland and Malta. Definitely think Australia has a good shot at finishing in the top 10 (or maybe higher!) given the cool staging in the first rehearsal!

Years
  • I'm a big Eurovision fan. I'm from Ireland, so we've had a lot of success - though not recently. I'm not expecting us to do very well, but from the first semi-finals, I liked the Czech Republic and Estonia. Australia's song is rather unique and well staged, so I expect that to do well, too.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Grand Final tomorrow already!!!

My favourites from Semi 1:
    - Australia -- oof that staging. no bias but that was phenomenal
    - Portugal -- rip this song was a bop, so quirky and the dancing was great
    - Iceland -- y e s i wasn't sold on this song initially but this performance was everything
    - Czech Republic -- one of my favourite songs from this year, really groovy and cool staging as well

My favourites from Semi 2:
    - Norway -- soooo glad this made it through!
    - Sweden
    - Switzerland
    - Romania (rip)

C o n t r o v e r s i a l but i liked Semi 1 more. Semi 2 obviously had a lot of the heavy favourites but was very pop-heavy. compared to semi 1 which was definitely more diverse (portugal, iceland, aus, poland...) and had so many more songs in their native language as well.

Top 10, unless things change tmr: Can't give 12 points to Australia sooooo..
    12 points - Czech
    10 points - Iceland
    8 - Norway
    7 - Spain
    6 - Italy
    5 - Malta
    4 - Sweden
    3 - Switzerland
    2 - France
    1 - The Netherlands

Germany to come last

Years
  • From the second semi-final, I liked Romania (unfortunately), The Netherlands, Denmark, Lithuania (unfortunately)... Germany coming last would be a good bet. Or the UK.

Years
  • I still wish if Croatia won, i can't hardly believe they didn't make it to the finals, i know i always wanted for Croatia to take this advantage due to Croatia being an superpower of football to this today.

Back