• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Scripting Question] Pokemon that has the same type two times?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 26, 2020
Is it possible to create a pokemon which has the same type, but two times? For example a Diglet which is ground-ground.

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
Technically every Pokemon that only appears as one type got the same type twice.

Like a Banette always has the types type1=Ghost, type2=Ghost
But it gets treated as mono type, as they are the same.

What is your intention?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 26, 2020
Technically every Pokemon that only appears as one type got the same type twice.

Like a Banette always has the types type1=Ghost, type2=Ghost
But it gets treated as mono type, as they are the same.

What is your intention?

I wanted to create a new pokemon (For example a Diglet which is ground-ground) that was four times weak against water type and two times stronger at using STAB moves.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
I think that you'll be best off treating your Pokémon as if it had an ability that doubled type-effectiveness (e.g. look at how Solid Rock etc work) and gives it more powerful STAB (look at Adaptability). You don't actually have to create an ability for this—just check for the species in the places where you'd normally check for an ability.

Also, I don't think it's super relevant but if you actually managed to give it two types that worked in the obvious way (i.e. all computations involving type run twice), double-STAB would be 2.25× because it's 1.5× applied twice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 26, 2020
I think that you'll be best off treating your Pokémon as if it had an ability that doubled type-effectiveness (e.g. look at how Solid Rock etc work) and gives it more powerful STAB (look at Adaptability). You don't actually have to create an ability for this—just check for the species in the places where you'd normally check for an ability.

Also, I don't think it's super relevant but if you actually managed to give it two types that worked in the obvious way (i.e. all computations involving type run twice), double-STAB would be 2.25× because it's 1.5× applied twice.

Thanks.

Back