• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] changing outfit on another player than player 0

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    Hello everyone, sorry for the silence I just relocated in South Africa which is far from my home country: Belgium so it was a mess.

I got a problem with my event. I did a parallel process event so my character changes outfit every 2 frames and on both outfits the guy is holding a torch but with the flame in a different direction, this way all the time he is in the cave he has the fire moving.

This works perfectly but now I decided to apply this to all 6 characters I made for my game and when doing it, it seems the outfit stays on 0 and no torch appears nor moves.
    I put the pictures in the character folder with the same trchar number but _1 and _2 and I used the script
    Code:
    $Trainer.outfit=1

Thank you in advance!

ps: note that the character is changing normally but not the outfits

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    Hey Wolf,

I just checked but it's what i did indeed, but does it work for another player than the player 0 for you?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    this is what i did (the end of the video shows the flame appearing by changing to outfit 3 from 0 then to 1 with the big flame and finally moving by changing to outfit 1 to 2 repetedly with a parallel process)

https://streamable.com/gbaqn

Years
  • Have the players first alt outfit be trchar000_1, their second outfit trchar000_2, and so on.
    The use $Trainer.outfit=# to change between them. $Trainer.outfit=1 for the first outfit, $Trainer.outfit=2 for the second outfit, $Trainer.outfit=0 for the default outfit, etc...

More information about changing outfits can be found here.
    (broken link removed)

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    It might be because of my english but I don't understand if others don't understand me or if it's me who's missing something from your explanations. I know how to change outfits, it just doesn't work for player1 or 2 or whichever other than player 0

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    Problem solved, it was a pbs problem. In metadata I wrote the name of each picture to use with .png if you do no outfit will work. I just removed all the .png and let the name without any extension and it worked! I guess when using outfit like this the script is looking for a trchar094.png_1 instead of trchar094_1.png because the default is trchar094.png which is working for a simple change of player however

Thank for trying to help me anyway, hope this message will help someone else

Last edited:
    Back