• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Release approaches! Still excited, or a little let down?

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm more excited than originally planned. Initially, I thought, this is it, I'll finally skip a whole gen....

Now I'm saving up for a Switch just to be able to play.

I' M READ Y

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • To be very honest, you will be hearing the same complains like "Pokemon is not the same Pokemon we used to know" "Are these Digimon" "Ugh the new generation is so bad" and things like this.

Can't please everyone in this world; There will always bound to have some complaining noises but all in all Pokemon isn't going to die down just because of those displeased voices because newer, younger kids will be joining in, even if the "older"-Pokemon fans are leaving, it's a constant refill anyway.

Honestly Pokemon has been doing soooo much to try to keep the old fans (Like Pokemon Go, Let's Go and tbh even though I played Pokemon since RBGY and appreciated it, it still seem overwhelming and Kanto seems to be getting shoved into our faces again and again) but the veterans just still have to complain when new Pokemon and new games/ regions are introduced.

It's becoming a norm. You'll see these complaints every releases. It's getting old. Over the years I've learned to ignore the negativities of these people and only appreciate the positive sides of Pokemon fans as well as looking at the merits of the new games instead of trying to focus so badly on what they did not do right.

People also seemed to have forgotten that what are leaked currently are only a very small fraction of the game as a whole. I do not think they will be letting the whole bunch of felines out of the bag until the very last minute, and still, they will be keeping a lot of the pleasant things as surprises.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Release is like what, 5 weeks away? I certainly feel like they overshared with Gen VII but now they're certainly under sharing. I know some really liked the hype reveals for Sirfetch'd/Ponyta, but come on, we waited a long time just to get one mere Pokemon reveal... At this point, there's really nothing that really stands out to me. Sure, some of the Pokemon designs are great and a new region is always welcomed. I've never been hyped for a Pokemon game since ORAS, and when SnS first got revealed, my hype levels were through the roof, but they've definitely gone down substantially.

I know I'll love the games when they come out, but right now it's more of a "Okay, LM3 comes out at the end of October, then 2 weeks later I'll get Pokemon. Those two alone should be enough to tide me over until March for Animal Crossing" instead of "omg I can't wait for Pokemon give it to me NOW!"

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    The lack of info is hurting the hype, I think. There's just not much to actually talk about and the dex cut inevitably become the main topic. I'm still curious about the new region and new pokemon, but I'm not super excited.

Back