• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Question about making move animations

Years
  • Hi there, I've just started messing around with Pokémon Essentials after having it for a while and am currently trying to add content up to Gen 7. I'm on the moves right now and am recreating 'Accelerock.' I have an animation made in the editor titled 'Move:ACCELEROCK' but every time I use it in battle, it plays the animation for Rock Slide. Does anyone know a way I can work around this?

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    You have to build up the move animation in order to make it play it. If not the case, make sure that the move's internal name is correct otherwise it won't. I have made many of them without any major problems

Last edited:
    Years
  • You have to build up the move animation in order to make it play it. If not the case, make sure that the move's internal name is correct otherwise it won't. I have made many of them without any major problems

What do you mean by build up the move animation? I'm just a bit confused because I assume you mean making the animation, which I already did. Or do you mean there's a certain spot in the Scripts I need to reference the animation to make it work?

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    What do you mean by build up the move animation? I'm just a bit confused because I assume you mean making the animation, which I already did. Or do you mean there's a certain spot in the Scripts I need to reference the animation to make it work?

You need to double-check the moves.txt PBS file to see if the internal name of the wanted move exists

Last edited:
    Years
  • You need to double-check the moves.txt PBS file to see if the internal name of the wanted move exists

Accelerock.png
    Code:
    639,ACCELEROCK,Accelerock,000,40,ROCK,Physical,100,20,0,00,1,abef,"The user smashes into the target at high speed. This move always goes first."

This is currently how it's defined in moves.txt and the Animation Editor. But for some reason, it still isn't playing the animation in battle.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    View attachment 89320
    Code:
    639,ACCELEROCK,Accelerock,000,40,ROCK,Physical,100,20,0,00,1,abef,"The user smashes into the target at high speed. This move always goes first."

This is currently how it's defined in moves.txt and the Animation Editor. But for some reason, it still isn't playing the animation in battle.

Make sure it is in a different id number than any other number

Years
  • Make sure it is in a different id number than any other number

Hey it's still not working, I hate being that guy but here is what I've done so far:
    -Defined 'ACCELEROCK' in the 'moves.txt' file
    -Used a different ID number than any other in the 'moves.txt' file
    -Created an animation for the move
    -Named the animation 'Move:ACCELEROCK'
    The move itself works as intended in-game, but the animation is still showing the default one.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Hey it's still not working, I hate being that guy but here is what I've done so far:
    The move itself works as intended in-game, but the animation is still showing the default one.

Weird. Unfortunately, I can't help you very much because I can't repro in my tests I did for several move animations I did

Years
  • Hey it's still not working, I hate being that guy but here is what I've done so far:

Weird. Unfortunately, I can't help you very much because I can't repro in my tests I did for several move animations I did

I figured out the problem. I have the Elite Battle System installed and there is a script that essentially overwrites the Battle Animation Editor in the default essentials. Once I removed that script it works perfectly fine now.

Back