• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showdown to Essentials Converter

TheCrafters001

Serperior!
Years
  • Showdown to Essentials Converter is a open-source software that is made by me to help my friend convert the format Pokemon Showdown uses into the format Pokemon Essentials uses. This program tries its best to take the format from showdown and convert it into a format that Pokemon Essentials can use, along side some quality of life improvements.

While yes, Pokemon Essentials does have a built in editor, I find it to be clunky and slow. I built this because my friend wanted to help build teams for my fan game. I also use it just to make teams as it is just easier for me.

Feel free to use this program if you want to make your own Pokemon Teams!

THIS TOOL IS BEING RE-WRITTEN ENTIRELY, AND IS UNDER A NEW NAME!
    If you wish to keep using this tool, I will be creating a new thread with the newly updated version of the tool, Essentials Team Builder.

Compatible with Pokemon Essentials 18, 19, 20 and 21!

Download the tool here!
    Source Code

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Credits: No credit is required.

However, if you modify this tool, please note that this tool uses the GNU GPL V3.0 License. That means you must provide a copy of the source code, and tell the user what changes you made to the program.

Last edited:

TheCrafters001

Serperior!
    Years
  • UPDATE:
    Changes include:

Bumped version of Showdown To Essentials 18 Converter to Showdown To Essentials 18 & 19 Converter
    Updated references to include Essentials v19 references.
    Updated Assets

TheCrafters001

Serperior!
    Years
  • UPDATE:
    The changes include:

• Optimized code to be consistent.
    • Added a function to clear all fields that you can enter. This does not affect the trainers.txt file location

TheCrafters001

Serperior!
    Years
  • Update 2.6.0.0 - UI Fixes & Changes

Launcher

• Overhauled the Launcher UI.
      • To select the version of StE you want to use, select the version from the list on the left, then click the launch button.
    Installer

• The installer will now prompt you what versions you would like to install.
    Showdown to Essentials 17 Converter

• Fixed some UI elements overlapping.
    • Optimized the code that generates the trainer.
    Showdown to Essentials 18 & 19 Converter

• Made the UI more similar to StE 17 Converter.
    • Fixed an issue where the layouts were not properly positioned.
    • Fixed an issue with some items not being aligned properly.
    • Fixed an issue where some group boxes were too long.
    • Changed some text to fit the new UI changes.
    • All pages are now lined up properly with each other.

Download Here - New Screenshots coming soon.

Last edited:

TheCrafters001

Serperior!
    Years
  • Version 2.6.3.0 - Improved Item Handler - Don't download this version, it is bugged.
    Spoiler:

Version 2.6.4.0 - Fixed a Stupid Bug and added Automatic Update checks - Download this one, this fixes the bug mentioned above.
    Spoiler:

TheCrafters001

Serperior!
    Years
  • Version 2.7.0.0 - Improved Item Handler
    Changes Include:
    • Showdown to Essentials 18/19 Converter
      • Updated how the moves are handled.
    • Showdown to Essentials 17 Converter
      • Updated how the moves are handled
      • Fixed a bug where the item handler wasn't working.
    You do not need to download this update manually. It should appear the next time you launch the program.

Back