• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Dumbdumb Island

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    Story and goals:
    The "story" takes place on Dumbdumb Island, where some hikers have been stealing pokémon. This is a very short and gameplay focused game, so don't expect a lot of amazing storytelling. And the writing is pretty cringe. My goal with this hack was to just create fun and somewhat hard double battles.

EDIT: Made an update that fixes a bug where the game freezes, made the E4 not auto-heal you, allowed running shoes indoors, added a few new floors, trainers (including a "superboss") and move tutors to certain areas, changed some gyms and the level curve (now gyms: 14, 19, 24, 29 and the E4: 34). Decided to put it here in case someone somehow stumbles upon this hack :D

Features:
    • Every trainer battle is a double battle
    • Increased accuracy for certain moves (100 for Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Leech Seed, Disable, Fury Cutter, Rock Tomb, Mud Shot, Icy Wind)
    • Four gyms and the elite four (so about 10 - 15 hours worth of content)
    • Gen 3 National Dex pokémon, but most high tier mons aren't available to the player
    • Move tutors that can be reused

Screenshots:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Progress:
    The game is complete. There won't be any more updates unless major bugs are found.

Credits:
    I didn't have any direct help but thanks to the creators of all these amazing programs: XSE, AdvanceMap, AdvanceTrainer, PokemonGameEditor, A-Tack, Item Editor, Advance IntroEd, unLZ-GBA, APE.

Download:
    View attachment Pokemon Dumbdumb Island V2.0.ips

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Just finished playing. It was pretty fun.
    I really enjoyed the variety of wild Pokemon available to use.

As for the difficulty, I personally didn't find it that hard except for the second gym leader. I think you were a little too generous with providing perfect counters for the boss battles in the adjacent areas.

Years
  • Looks fun enough and will check it out. How is the HM situation though? You cut it down to about 4 gyms so I'm hoping the number HMs required is also cut down?

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
    Years
  • Really like the concept of double battles. More rom hacks should use it as it makes little bit challenging. Keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    Just finished playing. It was pretty fun.
    I really enjoyed the variety of wild Pokemon available to use.

As for the difficulty, I personally didn't find it that hard except for the second gym leader. I think you were a little too generous with providing perfect counters for the boss battles in the adjacent areas.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I think you're right about me being too generous with the counters. I guess my reason was to discourage just using the same Pokemon for the whole hack but it definitely hurt the difficulty. How did you find the level curve though?

I also forgot to mention that I removed EVs but that probably wasn't very noticeable :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2022
    I didn't like playing this at all. There's no cohesion or narrative or anything really it just feels like a bunch of loosely connected gyms and then the game ends. And you have to level grind a lot because theres only like 5 trainers between each gym.

Back