• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Really big problem with my game

Years
    • She/It/Mew
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Hello once again. I've encountered something really awful. whenever i open my game to try and playtest it, i get the error messages shown below.
    TypeError, "incompatible marshal file format (can't be read) n\tformat
    version 4.8 required: 0.0 given", ("Section049:646: in oldload",
    "Section049:646:in load"", "Section247:8:in load_data",
    Section 247:8.in .pb SafeLoad", "Section247:78: in pbSetUpSystem
    Section 247:137)

this one is always followed by this script error.

Script 'PSystem_System' line 85: TypeError occurred.
    Cannot convert Fixnum into String
    OK

The thing is, I haven't changed that part of the script at all. in fact, the last time i played the game, it worked fine. i even took the script from another game and copied and pasted it and it still worked. i dont get it at all. what can i do to fix it?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • If you are using version 19 of essentials, it'll be located in:
    C:\Users\[Computer Name]\AppData\Roaming\[Project Name]

If you are using a version before 19, it'll be found in:
    C:\Users\[Computer Name]\Saved Games\[Project Name]

enter the [Project Name] Folder and delete "Game.rxdata"

Years
    • She/It/Mew
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    hello? i did that and it didnt work? is there any other reason this could be happening? please reply, im desperate 4 answers

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • hello? i did that and it didnt work? is there any other reason this could be happening? please reply, im desperate 4 answers

the answer is "I don't have answers" as you have supplied insuficient information on what you did to the scripts prior to loading the game.

You added something
    It Broke
    I'm in the dark as to what you added.

"incompatible marshal file format" usually means you borked with save data loading/Saving, and that is a delicate and complex area to bork with. I should know, I've borked with Save Data stuff before.

Your options are as followed:
    A) Remove whatever you added and revert that portion of code to default of whatever essentials you are using
    B) Give detailed info on what you added Where and What Version of Essentials you are using
    C) Give Up
    you're better off with with A but I know you're gonna go with option B. only a villains go for Option C, and you aren't a villain. just a noob. A await

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Seeing as I had to dig for this info do me a simple solid. open up the project folder, open up "Data" and take a screen shot with "Constants.rxdata" highlighted like the screenshot below

unknown.png

if that file doesn't exist, that's your problem. if it does I'm lost and unable to help

Years
    • She/It/Mew
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    unfortunately, the file does exist, meaning that i assume you cant help me. i really appreciate all the help though, thank you a bunch. im sure ill fix it one day. itll be fine.

Back