• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Problem with CFRU Day Night System (DNS)

henryvinst

an unovan boy
Years
    • he him
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Hello Pokecommunity, I am developing a fan game called "Pokémon Thunder Tourmaline" with Leon's CFRU DPE base, all wonderful, but I have encountered a problem with the Day Night System (DNS). When it gets dark the palette changes to a yellowish palette that has nothing to do with the night time! Can anyone help me? I don't know what is causing this, because it didn't before!

Look how it is:
    Capturar.PNG

How it's supposed to be:
    dns_night.png

Pelase help!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Hello Pokecommunity, I am developing a fan game called "Pokémon Thunder Tourmaline" with Leon's CFRU DPE base, all wonderful, but I have encountered a problem with the Day Night System (DNS). When it gets dark the palette changes to a yellowish palette that has nothing to do with the night time! Can anyone help me? I don't know what is causing this, because it didn't before!

Do you have a screenshot of it during the day to compare? - love your tilesets btw, they look super nice

From memory there are a few options with DNS included with the CFRU options that you can change (at least if you compile it all yourself that is - I'm unfamiliar with the Leon base sorry).

Might be worth tinkering with them if it's an option.

henryvinst

an unovan boy
    Years
    • he him
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Do you have a screenshot of it during the day to compare? - love your tilesets btw, they look super nice

From memory there are a few options with DNS included with the CFRU options that you can change (at least if you compile it all yourself that is - I'm unfamiliar with the Leon base sorry).

Might be worth tinkering with them if it's an option.

Thanks mate, tilesets are made by Ikarus.

So Leon's base just adds pre-configured items, the compilling part is all up to me! And after formatting my computer and reinstalling Devkit and Python all of a sudden this problem with DNS appeared, I had no problems before...

Here the daytime screenshoot

Capturar.PNG

You know, I already messed with the DNS configuration files and the only solution I found is to remove the Day Night System completely, but that kills the "DS game" immersion I wanted for my game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    A little late, and I haven't messed with this myself because I haven't had the need to change the day/night palettes - but if you still need help, you can tweak the colors in "dns_data.h". There's instructions that go more in-depth on page 78 on the CFRU manual, found at this hotlink.

As for the yellowish color you're getting at night, I can't really say why that's happening to begin with - my best guess would be that the colors that CFRU is changing aren't cooperating well with the tileset you've chosen, but I can't say for sure. I don't really have an answer but I wanted to at least point you in the right direction!

The Falansh

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    no guys , this is devkitarm problem , this happened with me too , you need to update your devkit

henryvinst

an unovan boy
    Years
    • he him
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    In case it's still relevant or if anyone else have this problem. I also had the yellowish night, it was fixed when I replace the devkitPro folder like explained in the CFRU insallation instructions.

I am so accomplished! I followed the tip to replace the devkitPro folder and magically the DNS and other problems were solved, just like that! Thanks a lot to everyone who helped solving the problem and I can't wait to finish the project!

afterdns.PNG

Ps: I even found a shiny magnemite with normal odds!
    magne.PNG

Back