• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The End?

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2005
    Does anyone know whether or not there will be anymore Pokemon games coming out for GameBoy Advance or will they ALL be Nintendo DS for here on in because I know that the next Pokemon game will be coming out for DS.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    There's that Mysterious Dungeon Game that everyone's talking about: One version for GBA and one for DS

Years
  • Heh. Don't expect those games to hit US shelves until at least summer at best. Should it even come out in America, that is... (I really wanted to play the 2nd TCG for the GBC, but it was never released in America...)

If you want to see other games in development, just visit www.pokemonpalace.net, the Pok?mon site hosting this forum.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • This discussion should really go in the General Games Discussion forum. :x I'll just whisk it off to that forum for you. n_______n

*whisks* *moves* XD

~Kelsey

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • I think Nintendo is slowly transferring games to the DS, but hey, seeing as a large population of the people already have a GBA, and DS supports GBA, why not keep on releasing GBA games while sending some titles over to the DS slowly?

blackrein

supreme ninja
    Years
  • Im not sure yet but I have all the pokemon versians nintendo is making pokemon dungon red and blue pokemon tournaze pokemon pearl and dimand are all coming out for the ds and more.

MegaFlare

Go Me
    Years
  • the should have made Diamond and pearl for the GBA, not fot the crappy DS. Nintendo should stop making the DS

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Well, I don?t mind the DS. I say it a revolutionary wall of playing games and I can?t wait to see it being use on pokemon games.

Pokemon Ranger looks ok but it kind of corny. New idea and different from the other games and that what I been asking for. I like the storyline and it seems like a cool but something just looks corny.

I think they should keep make pokemon games for both but that maynot happen because it may be seen as a waste. Diamond and Pearl for sure will be on the DS and I will like it because it be cool to see a new way of battling with the touchscreen and mic.

The fact is I will be one of those who buy the DS just for the pokemon games. Just the same as I did for the GBA.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
  • I hope it doesn't change to DS because I don't have one. Maybe they'll make the same game for different consoles (a bit like PS2 and XBox) with maybe the same storyline but not as good graphics (Cause GBA is older).

saint jimmmey

mwahahahaha....¬_¬
    Years
  • look guys it's obvious that eventualy nintendo will stop making gba games and only do ds.(like what happened to gameboy colour)
    and no the ds is an amazing machine.( i own one)
    no one can pass a fair judgement on it until they have one.

Years
  • charizard_maa said:
    Well, I don?t mind the DS. I say it a revolutionary wall of playing games and I can?t wait to see it being use on pokemon games.

The fact is I will be one of those who buy the DS just for the pokemon games. Just the same as I did for the GBA.

I find the DS annoying myself and are we so deprived of interaction with the game characters that we got to go and revamp and touch the screen to make us feel part of the game? I personally think they hit the zenith with GB Color myself. But this is not a DS debate.

But your logic for getting a DS, is mine as I don't like most of the games out there now, except for the Pokemon ones and also personal as my gamer friend won't shut up about his DS, when he knows I can't get one and has all the compassion of a pet rock. So it's that and the Pokemon games that's making me think about getting one, as pathetic as that sounds.

Is the DS the end of the world? No, because Nintendo will make yet another console and maybe it will be back to the old days of GB for all we know. But either way, it's there just to keep up among gamers which annoys as we know that famed pissing contest.

But as for Diamond and Pearl. I think they should be for GBA until the new system has saturated the market but even so, at least give those with the older option to play too. Of course that won't happen because they're forcing you to buy the new system so they can make money of the gamer pissing contest shtick, and just to have the right to play. It's extremely cynical but Nintendo and Sony have made much money of the cynicism of the gamers who would rather stay with what works and in the past (like myself).

Sorry if I babbled, just this topic has been on my mind for a good long while.

saint jimmmey

mwahahahaha....¬_¬
    Years
  • you've got to remember that pearl and diamon are a lllllllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg way away.
    by the time they come out (probably 2006)
    most people will have forgotton about the gba and have a ds so it would be dumb for ninty to release a game on an old concole.

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
    Years
  • saint jimmmey said:
    you've got to remember that pearl and diamon are a lllllllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg way away.
    by the time they come out (probably 2006)
    most people will have forgotton about the gba and have a ds so it would be dumb for ninty to release a game on an old concole.
    right you are and with the recent sucess of nintendogs there will b a lot of people with a DS ready for diamond and pearl*faints*

Years
  • That fact doesn't quite comfort me, sadly.

And 2006 isn't as far as you'd think, these games and their release creep up on you, it was just yesterday that Emerald's release snuck up on me.

And I don't even want to go there with the Nintendogs.

Years
  • the thing is, with the game on the DS, we can finally have pokemon online, which may or may not be a good thing, but i'm looking forward to it. it sounds fun.

and seriously, you guys don't do the DS enough justice. Its a great system. Not to mention, with two screens, it would be easier to switch items or things, and it would speed up the gameplay in my opinion.

Back