• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sotw #1

Kira

Style Guru
Years
Pincushion has given me permission to make one of these.

For those of you who don't know what SOTW, aka Signature of the Week is, I'll explain it.
It's a banner contest, with a specific theme, and graphic makers can participate and it'll be a nice friendly contest.
Prizes won't have any real (money) value, but it'll be fun to show that you're the best graphic maker, right?

So;
Rules
Discussion goes in the discussion thread.
Any flaming/bashing another signature will get you banned from this week's contest.
Max 2 signatures per person.
And all PC Rules apply.
The Contest will be open one month. One month, from 20/10 - 20/11
No More, No Less

How will we Judge?
There will be 2 judges, who will look at the banners, and each one will choose their three favourites. Then, the banner who gained best positions will get 1:st prize etc.
The Judges decision is final.
And Judges can't make a banner themselves.

The Judges:
Kira
Pincushion

Discussion Thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1611809

Contestants:
Dardanel: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/DarkPegasus/stupid2.jpg
MegaMan666: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Darth_Creek/dang.png
Anubis: http://www.promethian.info/usercc/files/v3/images/Signature128.jpg

Last edited:

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
Yeah I know it sucks... but what can I do?

stupid2.jpg

Sawyer

���
Years
ehhh... this probably isn't gonna work. maybe if there were enough graphic designers at PC, this could go through, but... you get judges who actually know stuff about graphics, there won't be any contestants left.

Kira

Style Guru
Years
Ac, the judges do not have to know much about graphics, the only thing they need to do it to get which one is better and worse, not so hard eh?

And Sylver, I'm glad they do not understand Russian, you're in as soon as you give us your banner xD

Kurosaki

Once a week... I can't see that working so well. Maybe you should extend the period of time in which it takes place, or the concept will die rather quickly. ><

Sylver said:
Great, another copycat. >_<
I see what you mean... >> *pats on the back* XD

Sawyer

���
Years
if you get a bunch of ignorant judges, they won't know what's "better or worse," to be quite honest. ehh... i'll enter anyway. aced everyone at pe2k, this will be fun, i suppose.
EDIT: are we allowed to use downloadable brushes, i'm wondering? cause i know both of you two do... it's safe to assume we are, right? if not... feh, i'll make a render.

Last edited:

MystiKal

from the mouths of babes
Years
The Legendary ACManga said:
aced everyone at pe2k, this will be fun, i suppose.

Little cocky ehh? Just to let you know two of our best graphics artist didn't enter that one you won. :\

BTW: My entry.

Signature128.jpg

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
I agree with Yukito, I think this should go on for a longer amount of time.

Also, The Legendary ACManga this is just for abit of fun, if you're going to be a complete killjoy and take this deadly seriously, its not going to work at all.

Anyone at all can enter with there banners, they can be made in what ever program you want, even if its paint, you'll be juged on your signature nothing else.

Sawyer

���
Years
xD yeah, i know... erm... aced everything i entered, i should have said ^^
EDIT: you call this serious? >_> Amelia, you have no idea what serious means to me. i'm entering for fun, to keep my title here. nobody wants to lose a contest =) i'll try when i want to, take things seriously when i want to. and how do you know it would have worked anyway?

Kira

Style Guru
Years
Yukito said:
Once a week... I can't see that working so well. Maybe you should extend the period of time in which it takes place, or the concept will die rather quickly. ><

I see what you mean... >> *pats on the back* XD

*Time extended to one month*
Just for the fun of it ;D

Pincushion said:
I agree with Yukito, I think this should go on for a longer amount of time.

Also, The Legendary ACManga this is just for abit of fun, if you're going to be a complete killjoy and take this deadly seriously, its not going to work at all.

Anyone at all can enter with there banners, they can be made in what ever program you want, even if its paint, you'll be juged on your signature nothing else.

Couldn't have said it better.

ACManga said:
xD yeah, i know... erm... aced everything i entered, i should have said ^^
EDIT: you call this serious? >_> Amelia, you have no idea what serious means to me. i'm entering for fun, to keep my title here. nobody wants to lose a contest =) i'll try when i want to, take things seriously when i want to. and how do you know it would have worked anyway?

It is okay, everything is okay except stealing someone elses work.

And to delight you AC, there will only be two judges, me and Pinky.

Back