• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All kinds of help needed...

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2007
    Alright, I posted my first custom cards yesterday, and I've been realising that I don't have all the skills necesary for this. So I was wondering, is it possible for me to get some help from you veterans of the form? Thanks in advance for any help.

What I need, first off, is help with a set simbol. I'm not tremendous at freehand art, and stuff that small isn't easy for me. Can I either get somebody to help me or at least give me some pointers?

Second, how do some of you (well, cascade mostly...) change the basic card layout? Is there some technique for that that would help me out or do I just need to get better before I even concider it?

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
  • I should recommend you to see the tutorials that's stickied in the Fake card's forum. It will help you greatly. With set symbols... Think of something you like, or something that has to do with the card you've done. If you check closely, all pokemon cards (Real ones) have symbols that have something to do with his theme (The set Fossil is an ancient foot print).

ELGONZO!!!

Years
  • ok TheRazor the legendary, awesome Pokémon Fake carding tutorial has everything there, i myself was a very bad faker, but when i read the tutorial look at my cards now.

symbols are very easy, yet difficult as MulteonDX sed base it around your set
    for my old set EX- Midnight Creek the set symbol was a water dropplet and a palm tree.

ok now for the hard part, changing the whola layout of the card is very tricky. It may need lots of work and patience

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Just take your time and relax. Calmly read the tutorial and download the needed materials. Thats the state of mind of I use when I fake.

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
  • it's even harder to make a new card layout when your computer is Dead 24/7... lol seriously.. and art! well, it comes with practice, and i will WILL try my hardest to do a TUTORIAL on how to do certain typed of my art!

Adept-eX

A Adobe Photoshop Veteran ;P
    Years
  • Surely I may post many PhotoShop resources... anyway in deviantart you can find tutorials (coloring, efects, styles), pokemon art (with the namen/nick of the author... altought I prefer original art for each card) and Photoshop Resources like Brushes or textures
    Anyway a good form for done new art is go trying new ideas... In that way I learned all than I know

Back