• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Was the third Generation a good idea???

Was the third Generation a good idea (pokemon)

• Heck Yeah!

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • Hex No!

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Who cares???

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
  • I Think The Battle Frontier Takes Too Long, I Just Cant Waste My Time Battleing Over And Over And Over Agian For Like 50 Times I Think? Just To Get Some Shiny Badge From A Wierd Dressed Person.

I Think They Shouldve Had That You Could Go To The Johto Region Instead.

I Loved Silver Because:
    The Events
    The Gym Leaders
    The Story Line
    The Pokemon
    The Towns
    The Day And Night
    All The Features Basically
    And Because Of:
    Liz_Pickner.png
    Thats Route 32 Where The Trainer "Liz Picknicker" Is, Shes Awsome Because There Was A Glitch In My Game Because After I Registered Her She Called 5 Minutes Later To Battle. And Every Time After I Battled Her Agian And Agian, In 5 Minutes Shed Call Being Ready And With Tougher Pokemon. She Really Helped Me Train My Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2006
    For the most part yes, but IMO it was a slight step down from Gold and Silver

-R/S Storyline is a lot better but its a lot shorter
    -I dont like Battle Tower
    -Less Legendaiese IMO is better (damm R/B/Y)
    -Breeding is better
    -More complex
    -Starter Pokemon in the previous games were too boring...only 1 type?
    -Kyogre/Groundon make weather teams more fun ^^ (guess what sort of teams i had b4)

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • I still preferd Jhoto..the whole game was better than any other GBA game IMO,Even I liked the pokemon and the graphics where good back then.3rd generation pokemon are cool because all pokemon are awesome but I dont like them as much as kanto and jhoto^-^

Years
  • Well, I certainly have my pet peeves about the third-gen, but I wouldn't go so far as to call the entire thing a mistake. Yes, the third-gen seemed very much like a regression from the more advanced Metal-gen. (note the irony) Everything in Ruby/Sapphire felt alien. Half of my favourite Pokémon were just missing, and I didn't like having to play through this new game without the option to keep some of my favourites on deck. Combine this with the stripping of all the features which gave G/S/C its life; dynamic feel (day/night, weekdays, multiple regions), and why wouldn't it feel like a step down? I've never been one for fancy graphics, and that's all that Ruby/Sapphire had to their advantage.

Now, I'll partially forgive them considering (at least under my time hypothesis) they were probably trying to reboot the series in a backend format they found more versatile. It's wholly possible that the series might've been dried up by the continued use of the old structures. Certain additions such as Contests and the Battle Palace would have simply been impossible. In short, the third-gen was a downgrade, but it wasn't a total loss. If my time hypothesis is correct, we have a lot to look forward to in the fourth-gen. :)

emeraldqueendragon

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • I remember when I first heard about the 3G games: I was really annoyed because it meant my old gameboy was obsolete, and I vowed I'd never go near Ruby and Sapphire.

Whilst I like the old games ( I still play them occasionally) once I got into the new ones i found them even more enjoyable. I liked the fact that we had a decent storyline to the game: it gave it a little focus that was lacking in the older games ( Team Rocket always seemed static to me).

As for the new pokemon, I wasn't sure about them at first ( especially Groudon/Kyogre... my jury's still out on Groudon) but the majority of them have grown on me, and I like a larger percentage of them than those of the older games.

My only complaint is that after beating the Elite Four, there's very little to do other than catch the Legendaries and Level up. The Pokemon contests, whilst fun to do, get boring, and I've found the Battle Frontier difficult to go through, for very little gain. I like the look of the prizes you can get, but I'm going to be claiming my pension before I get enough Battle points to get what I want...:(

Years
  • i have to say Kanto, i love the Islands, especially Island 5, there was a glitch in my game so Selphy dissapeared and was nowhere to e found, not even in the cave, and then i saved and trned off my game, then i turned it back on and i walked outside and went to Selhpy's house and it said Alisha's House... i was like wha?! i earned alot of money battling those people over and over...

enyce

banned
    Years
  • I cant stand it, I played it and beat it. I hated it, I liked silver so much better. Yellow and Silver are my favorites. Jesus christs, what kind of person wants to catch all 386 pokemon?

GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!! What are they gonna do? Add 50 million more pokemon to the roster, when daimond and peral come out? Please, I gave up on pokemon after johto. Johto is the ebst series. I play the game, beat it. Put it down for a few months then play it again.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I had mixed feelings about Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. For one thing, in R/B/Y you could easily get your pokemon up to the 50s range and challenge the elite four and your rival no problem. In G/S/C your pokemon didn't get as strong the first time round, but everything else was a little easier so it made for a good game. But in R/S/E I was surprised at how my pokemon were so pale in comparison to Wally's let alone the elite four. Even though there were trainers (after beating Norman) that wanted to battle again, it just wasn't enough because there were only 3 maybe 4-5 trainers every 3 days that wanted to battle again with pokemon that wouldnt raise my levels too much.
    As for the set of new pokemon, I don't judge how well their names are (though Luvdisc annoys me as a pokemon, not for a name though). I mean if you think about it, the creative bucket has to run dry sooner or later (even though we'd all like to think that they can keep coming up with new pokemon and keep us entertained until were too busy to play a gameboy =P).
    Overall I'd say Johto was the most fun region, not sure why, it just was. BUT the most annoying feature of pokemon yet was the call system in G/S/C when a fisherman would call me saying he caught a Bellsprout: "It was easy! I had the type advantage! click." No..you didn't..that annoyed the heck out of me. And then did I see that Bellsprout on his team the next time around? Nope! Of course not lol why would he want to train it. (Then again why would he want to train those 4 magikarps..)
    Anyway..Hoenn was a good idea in the longrun. I, like con, was mad when day/night and the days of the week left because sure sometimes I would have a sports event that I would miss catching Lapras one week but that's what kept me playing. I liked seeing Ledybas and Pidgeys in the morning and Spinaraks and Hoothoots at nighttime. And adding seasons or the time frames again to D/P would make it a nonstop thrill for me.

weirdo1

Like I care...
    Years
  • I don't really like the generation...YOU HAVE TO BUY NEARLY EVERY DAM NINTENDO PRODUCT TO FINISH THE GAME.

mew_rocks

Sell the kids for food
    Years
  • The 3rd generation was good. Though some of the pokemon sucked to be honest i mean minum and plusle and the regis? Some of the region sucked as well but they are great games. Diamond and pearl will hopefully be the best yet but it will need pokemon as good as gold and silver and a region as good as red and blue to do it as well as some huge advances and good use of the touch screen and mic.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I'm not too keen on the third generation mainly because of all the Pokemon. They could've stopped at 251, but they had to go on to 386 (that is the current number of Pokemon isn't it?). Now I hear that they are making more. That's far too much. You'd need to buy all the games and equipment in order to catch them all. They could at least make it a tad easier.

But of course, I'll still be playing Pokemon.

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
  • I don't mind some of the new ones. But the pre-evolved and elver version ones did creep me out a bit. << And there where WAY too many legi's. - -; It kind of took the joy out of catching them. <o<

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Well, I think that Hoenn is the best region yet, imaginative pokemon, no more of your mom stealing your money to buy you stuff you'll never use, no more Kanto. Yes, no more Kanto. If you wanted Kanto, play Red Or Blue!

Years
  • I don't get why they don't make a game where you can travel to all three regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and maybe plus the Diamond/Pearl region. I hate needing to trade to get stuff. One time I borrowed/stole my brother's Firered version because he was too lazy to go to the Safari Zone and catch me a Scyther. Then again, I'm too lazy to trade it so it will evolve. (Already have item.) The games have all these ships and ferries and luxury liners, so why not go all around the different regions? Like, all Pokemon games combined. And all the special features that they add, but then drop out. I loved in Silver going to Kanto. I want to go to all the regions. In one game. NOTE: previous 3 sentences were summary.

Years
  • I LOVED the Metal Generation. My favorite was Silver. It was the first game that I "beat". I had a great time playing it, running around the house yelling: I beat the Elite 4!!!!

I loved R/S too. (If you haven't noticed, it doesn't take much to please me.) In R/S I liked the Team Magma and Aqua. They really made it funny and intersting. I was sad when I beat the E4 this time around and couldn't go to Kanto or even Johto.

~:t334: CaptainBrain

Back