• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Design

Darkblade

The Ultimate Espeon Fanatic
Years
I just read on Seribee, or whateva, that you can redesign your character AND have 32 two of them, is this true and if it is, are you bloody amazed?

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
*Serebii.

Yes; they FINALLY get the picture about customizeable trainers. Let's hope this idea stays in their heads for future games.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Should I get this game? I almost got it but it;s $50 so I can't get it.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I suggest getting it. I want it. 'Course I'll have to get a Wii first ... but it looks amazing ... AMAZING.

Hahaha, I hear ya there. I've been waiting for this
since Japan first released bits of info about it,
but I still don't have a Wii, so I have to wait.

Still, this game looks so awesome, and shiny~!

I love the cusomizable trainer option too!
It'll be fun to mess with, once I actually get
the game. xD

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
I love to customise stuff in games somtimes it's more fun that the actual game itself, i can't wait till this game comes out in the uk, till then though i guess i'll carryon playing Mario Strikers Charged Football online

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
Yeah, customizable Trainers. Finally, GameFreak get's the fact that not everyone is a caucasion 10-year-old who wears a hat and carries around a bag.

I also like the wide selection. Although, I wish you could change the discription of the character. They aren't very good. It says the the Young boy likes to eat, but he doesn't really look like he does. And I think you should be able to write your own custum title.

Darkblade

Years
Yeah, customizable Trainers. Finally, GameFreak get's the fact that not everyone is a caucasion 10-year-old who wears a hat and carries around a bag.

I also like the wide selection. Although, I wish you could change the discription of the character. They aren't very good. It says the the Young boy likes to eat, but he doesn't really look like he does. And I think you should be able to write your own custum title.

I hear ya there, I mean, the dude in D/P,wears a berret and a scarf, i mean, WTF?! Sorry if i have offended anyone out there who wears this

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
I hear ya there, I mean, the dude in D/P,wears a berret and a scarf, i mean, WTF?! Sorry if i have offended anyone out there who wears this
I know. And the female characters are always these skinny white girls with short-shorts and a wierd hat. Whereas with Pokemon Battle revolution, there're 3 different girls to choose from and they're all custumizable.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
Years
customizable trainer is really nice, although it doesn't really matter to me what I look like on pokemon (does on others tho.)

Ichida

Years
*sigh* You're all such picky bastards. To anyone who shunned the male trainer because of his beret and picked the female trainer instead, I offer you this ultimatum: would you rather wear that same beret yourself, or get a sex change? Think about that for a while, you hat-racists.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
*sigh* You're all such picky bastards. To anyone who shunned the male trainer because of his beret and picked the female trainer instead, I offer you this ultimatum: would you rather wear that same beret yourself, or get a sex change? Think about that for a while, you hat-racists.
We're just saying we prefer chhosing what our character looks like than having the D/P hero represent us.

Darkblade

Years

i have nothing against people who wear hats, but i dont. I would much rather create a character who resembles me, not some fictional character that everybody else uses, I mean we are all different, not sprites that look the same.

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
Years
Aw, the hats aren't bad. I mean, they use the hat and bag constantly because it is meant to symbolize the journey that your trainer is going on. It's a traveling theme that they are aiming for, so the trainers are designed to represent that.

At any rate, I like berets. >.> I mean, not on me, but for those who can pull it off, maybe. XD And my PBR char wears the whole Pokétopia set, beret included. Though if I could just find out how to unlock the blue Rider Jacket, I might change outfits every once in a while...

Last edited:

Ichida

Years
That's also my point; I enjoy the customization and I hope they implement it in future games, I was just speaking my piece on the male vs female D/P trainer bias.

Back