• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roeno Adventures: Season 1

Master_Beaver

Lakeland City Gym Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    ~Episode 1~

"Hello Roeno"

Samson Stone was a fourteen year old boy who lived in a small town named Lakeland. He was almost six feet tall, had long curl brown hair, and weighed about 180 pounds. Everyone, including his parents, call him Beaver, a nickname he has had since early childhood. Lakeland was only on the map because it was the site of Professor Willow's Pokemon research reserve. Professor Willow observed many different kinds of Pokemon in their natural habitats on his 1000 Acre property. It is morning time on September 28th and Adam is very eager today. That is because new Pokemon licenses are only given out in Roeno four times per year (January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, and October 1st). You also have to be a Roeno resident and be at least thirteen years old. Although he turned 13 on September 3rd of last year, Samson agreed to complete the eight grade before becoming a trainer, due to his parent's constant complaining. Then on July 1st his Dad had been the hospital so he missed that day as well. In just three short days he would finally be starting his Pokemon journey.

So after Samson got done volunteering at Professor Willow's lab, he was walking home near the wooded area north of the road. He looked in it and all he could see was darkness. He felt fear overtake him and he just started walking home. Then he stopped and said,

"Wait a second, if I can't overcome a stupid fear of the dark how do I ever hope to be a Pokemon Master!?"

Just then he turned and ran straight into the woods. He got about fifty yards and then he froze. It was then that he realized that he was not only in a very scary place, but that he was also not alone. He heard rustling in the bushes all around him. Just as the fear overtook him again and he turned to run out, several Pokemon came out of the bushes to block his way.

Now the Pokemon in this wooded area never bother trainers because they are quite weak, but they readily attack humans when they are alone. A Caterpie and a Wurmple blocked his way out. He had nowhere to go. He turned around to run further into the woods, but as he did a Weedle came flying at him and hit him in the stomach with his stinger. Beaver cried out, "UGH!!!! Somebody, HELP ME!!!!!" and then fell to the ground. Just then a tall skinny man with brown hair and a blue uniform on came running in from the road and sent out a Growlithe. Upon seeing and hearing his Growlithe, the bugs scampered back into the forest. Rick, the town police officer, then carried Beaver back to Professor Willow's Lab. Professor Willow saw them coming and ran out to meet them. He asked,
    "What Happened"
    Rick Responded, "I think he was stung by a Weedle"
    Willow: "Where"
    Rick: "In the woods just North of Town"
    Willow: "What ever was he doing there?"
    Rick: "I don't know but I am just glad I happened to hear him scream or he might have been hurt much worse"
    Willow: "Indeed . . . Well bring him inside so I can treat the wound and the poison"
    Professor Willow and Rick, carrying Beaver, walk inside of the lab.

It is now the morning of October 1st. Beaver has been resting at his house for three days now. Professor Willow had said that it would take him three to four days to heal. Beaver had spent most of the past few days thinking about which Pokemon he would choose to start with.
    He knew that at Professor Willow's lab there are three types of Pokemon to choose from. The first is Machop. This is a medium sized fighting type Pokemon that looks like a human. It is obsessive about body training and uses strong physical attacks. The second is Ralts. It is a small psychic type Pokemon. It uses its mind to make strong special attacks. The third is Mareep. It is a small electric type Pokemon that resembles a sheep. It uses static electricity in its wool to make special attacks while using its body to make physical attacks.
    As he got ready to go he noticed that he is still really sore. He slowly walked down the stairs to see his mom and dad sitting at the table waiting for him. His mom said,
    "Sweetie, come sit down"
    His Dad said, "Son, due to the shape your in your mother and I don't think you should go on your Pokemon Journey today."
    Beaver responded, "Why . . . not again, not after I have waited so long!"
    Janet: "We just don't want you to get hurt."
    Michael: "In your weakened state you could easily be hurt."
    Beaver: "I am going with or without your permission."
    That is when Janet and Michael realized that he was going to go no matter what. Janet, knowing that he had waited because of school and her, nodded her head okay. Then Michael, seeing that he was determined to go and knowing he had missed the last chance because of his illness, said,
    "Alright son, you can go. Just be careful and make us proud."
    Beaver responded, "Thank you!"
    Beaver then gave them both a big huge and told them goodbye. He grabbed his bag and then ran out the door. Just as he began walking towards Professor Willow's lab Julie called from behind. He stopped and looked to see her run up to catch him. Julie had lived next store to Beaver for about two months. She was about five foot five inches tall, pretty skinny, and had long flowing brown hair. Her and her father moved there when he retired just a few months before. She is also 14, but since she just moved to Roeno she is just now getting her training license. They walked together the mile or so to Professor Willow's Lab, having to stop several times for Beaver to rest.
    When they arrived Professor Willow was waiting for them. He called them into his living room. He set them both down and said,
    "You are about to choose which Pokemon will be your first companion on your journey. Choose wisely because your choice will decide your battle style for at least the first part of your quest . . . Now since I am a gentleman, I always let ladies go first so Julie go into the next room and chose your Pokemon. Julie went into the next room. There were three screens, each one having a picture of one of the three starters on it and a red button underneath.
    Julie came walking out holding a pokeball and smiling. She walked pass the Professor and looked at Beaver saying,
    "I will see you out side"
    She then walked out the door. As the door closed Beaver hopped up and started to walk into the room. Professor Willow followed him in to the room and then said,
    "See anyone you like?"
    Beaver responded, "I still don't know. I have thought a lot about it and I like special and physical attacks."
    Professor Willow smiled and said, "Why don't you come with me into the next room"
    So Beaver followed the Professor into the next room and sat down at the desk across from him. Professor Willow looked out the window and said,
    "Beaver, having you as an assistant this past year has been a real treat. I could have never done near as many studies without you there helping out. I will be forever grateful for what you have done . . . As a token of my appreciation I have this for you."
    He slid a box across the desk. Inside were six custom pokeballs. Each one was brown and white instead of red and white. Also, there was a black "B" where the two halves met and where the clear circle usually was. Beaver, overjoyed, smiled and said,
    "This is awesome . . . thank you so much!"
    Professor Willow laughed and said. "That is not all I got you . . . I also realized that you have great talent with raising Pokemon. So, instead of letting you choose your own I got you a rare Pokemon to take on your Journey."
    Professor Willow tossed a pokeball over the desk and with a cry a Charmander came out. Beaver, shocked and overjoyed, yelled,
    "A Charmander . . . NO WAY!!!"
    Professor Willow laughed again and said, "I have to warn you, he is still a low level like the other starts and he is untrained . . . but you shouldn't have a problem with that."
    As Beaver stared at the Charmander Professor Willow handed him another box. As Beaver opened it Professor Willow said,
    "I also told my friend Professor Oak from the far away Kanto region about you. He agreed that you have great talent and potential so he sent this to you."
    Beaver replied, "Wow a Pokedex. I have read about these."
    Willow: "His dream is to make an encyclopedia of all the Pokemon in the world. He hoped you could help with that."
    Beaver: "I will do my best."
    With that Beaver picked up one of his custom pokeballs and retuned Charmander into it. Then he put the remaining pokeballs and the Pokedex in his backpack. As he walled out he turned back to Professor Willow and said,
    "Thank you so much for everything . . . I won't let you or Professor Oak down."
    He walked outside where Julie was waiting for him. As he walked out she said,
    "So slowpoke are you ready to go?"
    Beaver responded, "Sure, but don't you want to send out your Pokemon first so we can show them off?"
    Julie: "No, you will just have to wait to see who I got, but you are welcome to send your out."
    Beaver: "No Way!"
    With that they two of them walked down the road past a sign that said "Now Exiting Lakeland: Have a Great Day!" What adventures await this dynamic duo? Only time will tell.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    maybe instead of doing this:

Julie:

maybe try doing this

Said Julie.

it makes it easier to read

Back