• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future Pokemon DP Scanners Needed!

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
As some of you already know, the Pokemon DP Manga (the one by Shigekatsu Ihara, NOT Special) is going to hit America on 1st April (yeah, Viz is gonna release that title!).

Many of you will be able to buy this manga. However, since I don't live in America, I am not. And some people here also are not.

So, who would be able to buy Viz's translation of Pokemon DP and SCAN it? We need scanners for DP!

And no, I'm not asking for scans like a n00b. I just want to organize the Pokemon Manga scanning "industry". We have scanners for Special, so why not DP?!

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
I could scan since it's coming out in America. Any idea how it is?

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
I could scan since it's coming out in America. Any idea how it is?

It's released by Viz. I think it will be available in good bookstores...

Don-Tachi scanlated the first chapter at http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=26096 , but sketch is discontinuing the project since it was licensed. It seems pretty good-- very bright and cute and funny, with pretty eye-catching art.

Ah, that Sketch. When will some people understand that the fact that the manga is released in America, does not mean that everyone has access to it... I hate when people are being America-centric.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
I'm sure Christine would be able to get it, Maxim, even if it's not Chuang Yi-related. If not, there's always EBay and Amazon. I'm surprised VIZ has taken this title; usually, it's Chuang Yi who gets it. Maybe they realized how popular the Pokemon Mangas were getting and took their chance.

Although, weren't VIZ's translations of Pocket Monsters Special, PiPiPi Adventure, and Dengeki Pikachu released in Chuang Yi form, despite the fact that VIZ had translated them? Maybe the same will happen with Ihara's series. Someone should email Chuang Yi and ask them.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
YEEHAW! Nicoleb! Glad too see you! Long time no see! But this had to happen, you had to return here someday! The old times aren't over!

I'm sure Christine would be able to get it, Maxim, even if it's not Chuang Yi-related. If not, there's always EBay and Amazon. I'm surprised VIZ has taken this title; usually, it's Chuang Yi who gets it. Maybe they realized how popular the Pokemon Mangas were getting and took their chance.

It would be good if she would but still, I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to buy them. If I'll be allowed (by my dictators :P) to buy the comics from Christine, when the DP will be already released, then I'll buy them without any hesitation. But still, the scans would be still useful, you know...

Although, weren't VIZ's translations of Pocket Monsters Special, PiPiPi Adventure, and Dengeki Pikachu released in Chuang Yi form, despite the fact that VIZ had translated them? Maybe the same will happen with Ihara's series. Someone should email Chuang Yi and ask them.

Sird from SerebiiForums already sent them an email (I don't know if he has received a reply, but I'm going to ask her [him?]). Sird was asking if Chuang Yi has some license problems with Ihara, since (as you may have noticed) both Ihara's titles (Lucario movie and Battle Frontier) have recently mysteriously disappeared from Chuang Yi's website. People are afraid that it happened because of some license problems with Ihara and that's what encouraged Sird to e-mail Chuang Yi.

Heck, I thought I'd buy Lucario movie from Chris, and it seems that I will not... But it's good that I was able to get Battle Frontier...

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
LOL. Thanks. ^_^

And if the title-problems theory is true, the English version of Battle Frontier is now extremely rare! What kind of title problems could Chuang Yi have had, I wonder? Any news from Sird yet?

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
Years
LOL. Thanks. ^_^

And if the title-problems theory is true, the English version of Battle Frontier is now extremely rare! What kind of title problems could Chuang Yi have had, I wonder? Any news from Sird yet?

Hmm Battle Frontier rare? Chigaimasu... I have a few copies lying around in stocks if anyone is interested.

CY is still selling the Lucario books and if I'm not wrong, the Japanese bookstore sells Pokemon DP but in Japanese (if you don't mind)

Grimsg

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
Hmm Battle Frontier rare? Chigaimasu... I have a few copies lying around in stocks if anyone is interested.

CY is still selling the Lucario books and if I'm not wrong, the Japanese bookstore sells Pokemon DP but in Japanese (if you don't mind)

Grimsg
Hehe. You're always on top of things. Although, even though there are still a few lying around, the fact that they're out of print makes them somewhat rare... I hope. I've always wanted to own a rare comic. XD And I did buy the Diamond/Pearl volumes in Japanese a few weeks ago, from Nippon Export. If VIZ's translations turn out to be bad, maybe I should get some kind of scanslation project going. After all, it'd be VIZ I'd be denying money to, not Chuang Yi. So I wouldn't feel so guilty about it. =P

And was it VIZ who translated Ginji's Rescue Team? That translation was quite good. If it was them, and they translate the DP series as well as that, maybe it'll be okay.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
And I did buy the Diamond/Pearl volumes in Japanese a few weeks ago, from Nippon Export.

OMG. I would ask for complete scan, but...

May you scan everyone? (all characters you meet on the way through this manga). I'm collecting manga characters (not only Special). So, this would be helpful.

Back