• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to fix any nTitles error (No matter what the probelm is!)

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
  • How to use RMXP with Vista (a.k.a. How to fix any nTitles error)
    By Glitchfinder​

Well, I'm sure most of you are familiar with my old tutorial, on how to get RPG Maker XP to run on Windows Vista. Well, now I'm about to post a newer version, meant to fix any error you may ever encounter regarding the nTitles server, including if you want to set up RMXP or RMVX on a computer without internet access. Anyway, here goes!

Let's face it, way too many people ask this question. They ask why they are getting the error "Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTitles server." Well, let me say something. Vista's screwey. Just understand that, and you can get over many issues. Anyway, you have this error, and you don't know how to fix it. In this tutorial, I will explain several methods I have found to solve this issue, in order from easiest to most difficult. Also, for simplicity's sake, I'll post them in spoilers. Finally, let me also mention that the third tutorial will allow people to install RPG Maker XP on a computer without an internet connection.
    Step 1 - Administator Priveledges
    Spoiler:

If the above tutorial does not solve it for you, then use the following tutorial:

Step 2 - Administator Priveledges Level 2
    Spoiler:

If neither of the above tutorials works for you, or if you are trying to install RMXP or RMVX on a computer without internet, simply follow the steps in this tutorial.​

Step 3 - Rewritten Registry
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Thank you. Just remember that you don't have a trial version if you do that. Also, as a side note, you can remove the entire set of protexis keys to unregister RMXP on your computer. (Although you still have only 2 activations total, so there is no real point in doing that, because they don't give an activation back if you do that)

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
  • This didn't work for me, and I have a bit of a problem...There is no Root RPGXP directory. No RPG.exe.
    Just a folder named system32 with a thousand other files.
    I need a lot of help to do this
    *The third meathod is too dangerous for meh*

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    Wow, so I've been trying to get this thing to work all day, and your post had the most info, and I've gone down the list and tried all three methods and it's STILL saying it can't connect to get the serial. Any idea what the deal is?

Back