• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ophoore region

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    alright. I'll edit that. if that's not alright, i can change it quickly, but it's my way of understanding how my pokemon want to be treated and how people feel so I can help them. apart from that, it adds a bit of background to how my character is (the reason for it might be because I've been reading the yellow arc of the manga all day...) anyway, I'll edit now.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Sasuneuchiha I would like you to edit. Other than the Aura Powers you have a good SU, so I should be able to accept you after you make the changes.

Chapter 1: Verdure City, Team Topaz ONLY

Description: The largest and eastern most city in Ophoore. The city developed from the presumed victors of the war long ago between the two kingdoms, the light kingdom. The City is blooming with a variety of plant life and many small parks exist among its large buildings and diverse people. The largest park, Seraphic Park is to the west and just borders the Forever Forest remaining independent from the influence of the ghost Pokémon. Seraphic Park is considered to be a historic monument and so it has been kept clean and a law has been passed preventing any capture of the park Pokémon. Verdure city is more known for its large eight foot department store, luxurious Game Corner, many warehouses, and Pokémon gym. It's almost sad that a newly formed gang invaded the city. The gang slowly took over jobs there and they were hired for their cheap pay and hard work. When the majority of jobs had been taken over by them they began forcing locally owned businesses to close and most of the citizens who could afford to move left. The town began to fill up with more and more gang members forming an elite class over the citizen peasantry. The gang had bought a building they could use as a base and elected their own gang officials. The remaining citizens have either joined the new gang or have formed a resistance to fight the new threat known as Team Topaz. The gym leader and mayor are both Team Topaz executives.

A figure whose face was bandaged stood on a stage above the chattering crowd bellow.

"Team Topaz, I am your leader Ambrosia. You have trained for several weeks, now is the time to see how many of you have passed!" the figure spoke to the crowd. Her voice gave no identification of any gender.

"I will hand you a pokeball and you must battle me with it! If you win I'll send you on your first mission, however, if you should lose I will kill you!" the figure said these words in an extremely cold voice and pulled out a long blade from the decorative sheath on the wall.

The members stood in a line and waited for their test. Some tried to escape, but were immediately shot before they touched the door. They were going to have to pass if they wanted to live.

Number of posts: 1

What to do:
    -Arrive at meeting
    -Pass your exam using your starter pokemon and keep it
    -Receive misson from Ambrosia
    -Receive 5 pokeballs and 1 pokedex from Ambrosia and leave

Places of Importance
    -Verdure Game Corner (Currently inaccessible)
    -Verdure Department Store (Only basic items like pokeballs and potions are available at the time)
    -Verdure City Gym (Closed)
    -Pokemon Center
    -Team Topaz base
    -Seraphic Park (Note: Seraphic Park will be a different chapter later, but you can still go there in your post)

NPCs
    -Ambrosia Ambrosia is mysterious and acts like a psycho. She has six level five Munchlaxes (YOU ONLY NEED TO DEFEAT ONE AND THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME MOVES).

Munchlax
    The Ophoore region

Level: 5
    Type: Normal
    Attacks: Metronome, Odor Sleuth, Defense Curl, Tackle

Missions
    -Ambrosia sends you to collect badges and/or ribbons from around the Ophoore region
    -Joker Mission (Done instead of above mission) Ambrosia tells you to catch a dark or ghost pokemon and infiltrate Team Amethyst by going through the Forever Forest. THIS MISSION IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SYMPHONY.

Normally when I assign missions I will have a quote of what the character will say to initiate the mission, but I wanted to get this post out quickly, so there is none.

Also the status of places in the city will change as the RP progresses.

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Beo walked into a room filled with several other people. He really had no idea what he had gotten himself into when he signed up to join team topaz. All he really paid attention to was receiving his first pokemon, and finally getting out from under his brothers shadow.

Everyone was talking pretty loud, and Beo even began conversing with the other people, until a shadowy figure appeared before them, the figures face was bandaged up and it kinda gave Beo a creepy feeling. He didn't expect to hear the next part.

"Team Topaz, I am your leader Ambrosia. You have trained for several weeks, now is the time to see how many of you have passed! I will hand you a pokeball and you must battle me with it! If you win I'll send you on your first mission, however, if you should lose I will kill you!"The figure said as the cold voice ran up Beo's spine and gave him the chills.

He wanted to take off for the door, but then he watched as a few other pople did and they were shot, he would have to pass the exam. Beo was confident though, he had studied many pokemon battles and had some great strategies in mind.

When it was finally Beo's turn he stepped up with a confident look on his face, as Ambrosia handed him a pokeball. Beo rolled it around in his hand a second before he threw it out.

"Maaa--reeeeepp" the pokemon shouted.

"Hmm a mareep eh, I can handle this then" Beo said convincingly.

Ambrosia didn't say anything she just threw out a Munchlax.

"Mareep run in and use tackle" Beo ordered

Mareep took off sprinting and finally jumped and lunged straight for the sitting munchlax who looked unaware of the attack.

"Defense curl" Ambrosia said as munchlax curled into a ball.

Mareep hit into munchlax full force but just bounced.

"Ah hmm better use better ideas, Mareep this time just get close and wait for my command" Beo ordered.

Mareep ran in close and waited for the orders.

"Now tackle" Beo said as Mareep ramed into munchlax, and barley moved it.

"Munchlax counter with Meternome" She ordered.

Munchlax started waving it's hands back and fourth then all of a sudden Mareep was picked up with a purple glow around her and thrown off the wall.

"Looks like this is over" Ambrosia said as she went to grab the sword.

"I wouldn't be so confident about that" Beo shouted as he pointed to mareep who was getting back to her feet.

"Hmm" Ambrosia said softly.

"Mareep get close and use growl!" Beo yelled as Mareep ran in and growled at the munchlax knocking it off balance.

"Now use tackle with all your power" Beo shouted at the top of his lungs.

Mareep lunged at the off balance Munchlax hitting it with full force knocking it back into the wall, and unconsciouc.

"Yay! Beo shouted as he just won his first battle which was huge considering it could have been his last.

"Great battle mareep now return" Beo said gidily as he returned Mareep and walked over to Ambrosia.

"Hmph you should have lost that battle, but your determination was enough to get mareep to work harder, great job, here is a pokedex and 5 pokeballs, you also get to keep that Mareep as your first pokemon, now for your first mission I want you to collect badges from all over this region" she said.

"Alright I can do that" Beo said excidedly as he clipped Mareeps pokeball to his belt and put away the pokeballs and pokedex into his bag and left for the door.

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    joining the rp

If its not to late I would like to post my application to join this rp.

Role: I would like to take the role of a new adventurer or whatever is available will be fine.

Character Name: Scythe Rainer

Appearance: Scythe's appearance is not what you would expect from a normal trainer. He has long spikey hair with the tip of it golden and the rest blac. He wears a long greenish, brown throw back coat that was his father before he dissapeared. He isnt very tall, seeing as how he stands at 5' 5 but he feels he doesnt need height to be a strong trainer although some would argue with that. He also looks very worn out from his travels, because he has been living on the road for quite sometime.

Personality: Scythe is an outgoing, oppurtunistic guy. He is caring and will always help a person in need. He is a good loyal person, and hates to be stabbed in the back. Sometimes he can be to hyper and outragoues for some people to handle.

History: When scythe was 14 his father and him were traveling along some random path in the johto region when they were attacked by a gang of team rocket members. Scythe not having his own pokemon and his father being a pretty well known trainer told scythe to run away and let him handle this. So scythe did as his father wished and ran off into the woods. After a few a hours and not seeing his father, scythe ran back to the spot and saw his father was missing. The only thing left was his jacket. Ever since than Scythe has grown up alone on the streets making friends with people he met, but never really getting far in johto. When he heard about the Ophoore region he decided to see what new things lied there and figured he could use a new start. So off he went to Ophoore, hoping for new experiences and maybe a chance to find his father.

Preferred Starter: Bronzor

Sample RP: No sample rp available so im going to make one.

Chapter 1: The Road to Verridian City( this is a fake title but i just needed to make one since i didnt have one).

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!" what a good sleep that was, Scythe said as he awoke from his nap in a random patch of grass. Scythe looked around to notice that their was a faint breeze blowing from the right and decided it would be best to head the way the breeze was blowing. It's been two days since he headed out on his journey from receiving his charmander at proffesor oak's lab, and he has had no luck what so ever catching any new pokemon. As scythe was walking through the grass he heard a faint gnawing noise behind him and felt and inch on his ankle. "Woah!" Scythe shouted as he turned around and noticed a ratatta chewing on his foot. "Well i guess this is my lucky day" he exclaimed as he jumped back and released his charmander to attack the ratatta. "Charmander use scratch!" Scythe yelled to his fire pokemon. The charmander ran at the ratatta and landed a nice blow to the ratatta's head, somehow knocking it unconcouis that easily. "CHAR Char!" the pokemon shouted in joy. Scythe pulled out a pokeball and threw it at the ratatta hoping to catch it.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Sasuneuchiha We (Mira and I) have decided that you are Accepted. You may start posting now.

dboring Congratulations Beo obtained a level Five Mareep, Five Pokeballs and One Pokedex. Mareep grew to level 7.

tim0789 There is one spot left reserved for Pikalover10. If he does not post his SU or does not want his reservation you may take his spot. He has the only spot still open reserved and it is a Team Topaz role.

To Everyone I just sent in an OOC thread and everyone may start posting. Once I have TWO first Chapter posts from your group I will start making the second chapter.

sasuneuchiha

Years
    Sam awoke in the hotel. He had been here for years and he didn't see why today was any different. He took a walk out to the deck and saw some flying type pokemon flying around. They were thinking about where to find breakfast. Come to think of it, Sam was rather hungry, too. He decided to go catch breakfast at his favorite resteraunt. Resteraunt de la star. It had some of the best food for breakfast in Firstar town. So, he walked to the hotel lobby and walked out into town. Sam loved the town. It was so big and beautiful, yet perfectly peaceful.

As Sam walked into the resteraunt, he crashed into a woman. "Oh! I'm sorry, I just wasn't watching where I was going." Sam said. "Oh, it's okay...oh! How old are you?" she asked. "Um...I"m 14." Sam said. "Oh! You're perfect then! Come with me!" She said. "Okay...but where to?" Sam asked, confused and a bit scared. "Just to my lab. I'm Professor Ruby Scarlet and I want you to have your first pokemon." she said. "Oh! Okay then..." Sam said, a bit confused still.

After a few minutes of walking, they had reached the lab. When they walked inside, Sam was amazed. Lots of equipment and so many pokemon. "Okay, I only have this one left," she said, handing Sam a pokeball. "Okay...what is it?" Sam asked. "Hahaha...just toss it and find out!" She said. Sam did so and was amazed. A Skorupi, a scorpion like pokemon popped out. "Wow! A Skorupi!" Sam said. "Yes. Now, here. Take these, too!" She said, handing Sam a metal box and 5 balls like the one Skorupi was in. "Wow! 5 more pokemon? And what's this box for?" Sam asked. "No. Those are pokeballs, used to catch pokemon. And the box, as you call it, is called a pokedex. It is an encyclopedia about pokemon. Please try to fill it out as best you can. Anyway, adventure this region and do your best to train your pokemon. Oh, by the way, would you like to compete in the Grand Festival or the Ophoore League?" She asked. "Um...could I do both? This sounds like a fun adventure!" Sam said. "Okay! Now go! Enjoy yourself" She said, pushing Sam out of the lab.

When he was outside, Sam asked Skorupi how he was. "No need to talk. I can understand you perfectly fine. Still, some conversation would be nice so I don't look insane," Sam said. He and Skorupi quickly got into a long conversation about their pasts. Sam soon thought that Skorupi was the only thing that had ever understood him. They headed back to the hotel. It had been a longer time than Sam had thought. After a nice dinner, they went up to Sam's room for the last time, ever. As soon as they hit the beds, they were asleep, very content with the day.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Chapter 1 - Firstar Town! The Mark of a New Adventure?!

Journey... "Jour" comes from the French word for "day". Someone goes on a journey because they're running away from home, hoping to go through their "rite of passage", or to accomplish something. I think that's what I learned...

Oh... Mom... Nice to see you here... What? No, no I'm not crazy! I'll never be like you! GO AWAY!!!"

Silence. The dreadful nightmare, over. The sun, blazing into the room, seemingly setting the bed on fire in yellow flames. Cierra stared at the sun bleached ceiling, hoping for the light to fade again. It was the third time that month she dreamt of her crazy mother. I've got to stop having these dreams... she thought, getting out of her warm, cozy hotel bed. She was just about to go and meet the professor, apparently named Ruby Scarlet. Funny, because Cierra herself was sometimes nicknamed "Crimson". She had also heard the professor looked a bit younger than her, and she sounded so similar in appearance, well, to a certain point. But Cierra didn't want to judge this professor from rumors, after all.

After eating a fine breakfast at the hotel, Cierra departed. She took one last look at the hotel, then whirled around. What town am I in again? she asked herself, walking over to the sign. "Firstar Town" the sign read. Oh... Right... Cierra took a good look around. Nowhere in sight was the person whom had matched the description from the rumors Cierra had heard. Maybe she was a silhouette? Cierra crossed that thought off. Trapped in her office, stressed out from too much work? Doesn't sound like it. That thought went away too. What could it be?

"Excuse me! Coming through!" A voice came from behind Cierra. Turning around, a young girl crashed into her. Both fell over, and the girl landed on top of Cierra's chest. Figured. "Oh my, I'm so sorry!" the girl exclaimed, getting up slowly. "I didn't mean to land on your chest!" Cierra blushed, then gained a strict look on her face.

"Just don't try it next time, OK?" she asked. "Oh... wait..." This girl... She looked a lot like the description from the rumors. "You wouldn't happen to be Professor Ruby Scarlet, would you? I'm Cierra 'Crimson' Riley Clover."

"Ah! Cierra! Nice to meet you!" A violent handshake knocked Cierra backwards for a split second, but she managed to regain her posture. "Well, come with me! We need to give you a Pokemon!!!" Like she was in a video game, every step Cierra took perfectly mimicked that of the professor's. When the professor turned, she turned in one of the horizontal or vertical directions EXACTLY. It was just like something in an old video game.

"Oh, wait..." Professor Scarlet muttered. "I need to stop at the museum... I KNOW! I'll go to the lab, get you your Pokeballs, Pokedex, and Pokemon, and then I'll meet YOU at the museum!" Amused by this idea, the professor immediately rushed away, and Cierra groaned. Nothing like a peppy older-than-she-looks professor.

The museum was, in Cierra's opinion, BLAND. Although there really wasn't a museum of any sort back in Johto (the Kimono Girl theater and the towers were the best you could find, in Cierra's opinion), Cierra preferred looking at the monuments and historical buildings rather than a building filled with archived information, samples, matter, etc. Choosing not to look at anything, Cierra leaned against a fuchsia wall. Ugh. Even the colors in the museum were gross. Well, it WAS a place where things were archived. of course the walls had to be a pathetic color.

When Professor Scarlet arrived, she had a Pokeball embossed with sapphires.

"What's up with the embossed Pokeball?" Cierra asked.

"Oh, it's kind of sort of to keep the Pokemon inside. Although she has a Modest nature, I recently discovered she is a bit temperamental, but given to the right trainer, and she'll be fine." The professor immediately handed Cierra the Pokeball, then a Pokedex and Pokeballs. "Now, run along, I can see you don't like this fascinating place!" How could SHE find it FASCINATING? Trapped in her own thoughts, Cierra didn't feel herself being pushed out the door until it was too late.

"Well, better find out what Pokemon it is..." she muttered. She pressed the button on the ball, and a blue wingless dragon-like Pokemon came out.

"Bay!" it exclaimed.

"Oooooh. Bagon. Let's see... You're a girl... Tari is what I'll call you!" The Bagon gave a cry of pleasure, and Cierra recalled her at once. She doesn't seem so bad...

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Let me know if/when i can start posting if pikalover ends up not posting.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Serene Good post. Cierra obtained five pokeballs, one pokedex, and a level five Bagon.

tim0789 I'll let you know by PM if you can.

Chapter 2: Route 1, New Adventurers

Description: A fairly long route that connects Firstar Town to Beginroot Town. The route is full of several thickets of grass and a few skinny trees making walking and bike-riding annoying and difficult. It also tends to be dry, hot, and itchy. The middle of the route is marked by a four way intersection. To the north is Purity Valley, to the south the Evergreen Woods, to the east Beginroot Town, and finally to the west Firstar Town.

Number of posts: 2 (Your second post will end at Beginroot.)

Pokemon in the area:

Rattata
    The Ophoore region

Level: 2-4
    Ability: Run Away, Guts
    Attacks: Tackle,Tailwhip, Quick Attack (Level 4)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common​

Zigzagoon
    The Ophoore region

Level: 2-4
    Ability: Pickup, Gluttony
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl

Spearow
    The Ophoore region

Level: 2-3
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Peck, Growl

Nidoran (M)
    The Ophoore region

Level: 4
    Type: Poison
    Ability: Poison point, Rivalry
    Attacks: Leer, Peck
    Rarity: Uncommon​

Nidoran (F)
    The Ophoore region

Level: 4
    Type: Poison
    Ability: Poison point, Rivalry
    Attacks: Growl, Scratch
    Rarity: Uncommon​

Meowth
    The Ophoore region

Level: 2-5
    Ability: Pickup, Technician
    Attacks: Scratch, Growl
    Rarity: Rare​

What you can do
    -Battle wild Pokemon
    -Catch wild Pokemon (Stop your posts just after throwing your pokeball. I decide what level it is and if you catch it.)
    -Battle Pokemon Trainers
    -Find TMs (You may choose what TMs you find, but it must be under 70 attack and reasonable as well as the location should be logical.)
    -You may find other items as well*** (I'll control how much you receive and make the item reasonable and logical)
    -Reach Checkpoint of a four way intersection*** (See description for details. This is optional, but recommended)​

The rarity determines the difficulty of catching a pokemon. The scale is Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Extremely rare. You will rarely see extremely rare. It is most often used for hard to get pokemon like Chansey or Ralts.​

Also the actions that are under "What you can do" can only be done once per post and you may only pick one to do like you may not atempt to capture a pokemon and find a TM in the same post. The exceptions have astricks by them like this You may find other items as well***. You may combine them with posts that don't have astricks like Finding non-TM items and catching pokemon in the same post.​

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    Chapter 1: The City of Eternal Night.
    "Dude wake up." a voice said. Bobby opened his eyes a crack and peered through the dim lighting. It was Jacob the man who found Bobby in Goldenrod and brought him to Everdark City and one of the few friends he had. "Dude if you don't get out of bed in 5 seconds I will pick you up and throw you out the window." Bobby knew he was kidding but got out of bed anyway.

"Morning to you to." Bobby said with a snort.

"Aw don't be like that." Jacob said lightly punching Bobby's shoulder. If I hadn't gotten you up you would have missed the meeting. Bobby gave an apologetic smile and went into the bathroom to change from his pajamas and into his day clothes. He came out and he and Jacob walked out of Bobby's little room together.

"Hey 'Loon." Bobby said to the purple balloon waiting outside the door. "Driffloon!" the balloon said. Driffloon was Jacob's Pokemon Partner and the two were pretty close. "Anyway, what are you doin here? Arn't you supposed to be on some mission or something?" Bobby asked.

"Well right now I'm on a break but Boss Women said somethin about me headin out again today." Jacob said. "Anyway I have to go to the meeting to meet her so I though I might as well stick around to see you get your own Partner."

"Yeah well hopefully it will be somethin cool, but I'll be happy to get any Pokemon." Bobby said as the two walked down the dark path. Soon the duo reached the town square where a bunch of Team Amythest Members were gathered along with some of the locals. Bobby nodded to a few people he recoginzed but otherwise stuck with Jacob.

Soon a women who looked like she was in her mid-twenties and glanced over the crowd. She flicked her long dark hair to the side and drifted forward casually, stepping onto the stage that was set behind a row of tables covered with PokeBalls which held several different kinds of Pokemon. The lanterns glowed dimly over the heads of the people standing before her. She gripped the podium before her tightly and looked down on them.

"Team Amethyst!" She addressed the crowd, which immediately fell silent.

"Our numbers are growing as is our strength!" Her commanding voice spread easily through the air and she glanced over the group of new members. "I know that you have all gathered here to fight for our cause, and the time to do so is now."

The pager vibrated at her side and she looked down, reading the message that scrolled across it. A smile prickled her lips.

"In fact," she said, looking back over the group. "Your devotion to our Team shall be proven now. Members of the enemy Team have entered our city, and you need to make sure they don't leave again." Bobby started at that.

"Choose a Pokemon from the tables there," she gestured to the area before her, which had several wary-eyed guards who made sure none of the new recruits attempted to swipe an extra Pokemon. "But choose carefully as the Pokemon you take will be your partner on your journey."

"Go out and test your strength and defeat and capture at least one of the enemy Team-members and bring them back to headquarters. When you do so, you will be given the supplies that you need and some money to purchase any further necessities," she instructed. "But don't bring your Pokemon back here unless you went to the Pokemon Center first. We don't have time to take care of injured Pokemon. Now, go!"

"I guess I'll see you later dude!" Bobby cried to his friend as he ran to go pick a Pokemon. He went to the table and saw several Pokeballs. "I'll take.....this one!" he said as he grabbed a ball. He pressed the button in the middle and out popped a gray Ghost Pokemon. "Duskull!" It said in a haunting but cheery voice.

"Wow!" Bobby said as the Pokemon floated around him. "Thats a female Duskull." the guard said. "She can be a little too jolly sometimes." he warned. "Thats ok!" Bobby said as he and his new Partner.

"Well my new compadre, we're lookin for the enemy team, Team Topaz!" Bobby explained to Duskull. She nodded understanding the seriousness of the situation. However, try as they might, the two couldn't find a Team Topaz member. "Now where could they be?" Bobby muttered. Suddenly a Team Topaz member walked right in front of the two and stared at them. "Hey!" Bobby cried.

"Oh crap!" the Topaz cried. He started running away from Bobby.

"Oh no you don't! Duskull use Nightshade!" Bobby ordered.

"Duskull!" Duskull cried as she sent waves of purple energy towards the man.

"Gastly use Lick!" the man cried. A purple gas Pokemon suddenly became visible and attacked Duskull.

"Duskull dodge and use another Nightshade, this time on Gastly!" Bobby ordered. This time the attack found its mark and Gastly was knocked back. Bobby grabbed the man by the coller and said "Recall the Gastly or the next attack is on you."

"Right. Gastly return!" the man said.

"Good coward." Bobby said before knocking him out. Bobby tied him up and dragged him down the path. They passed by the local Pokemon Center to heal Duskull and then made their way back towards the square. Bobby dropped the man infront of the Team leader. "Here's your Topaz guy!" Bobby said brightly.

"Good work Bobby." She said with a smile. Bobby's eyebrows raised in surprise that she knew his name. "You seem surprised I know your name." she said with a chuckle. "I know everybody who's on my team. Here are your Pokeballs and Pokedex for your journey."

Bobby took them and pointed his new Pokedex at Duskull. "Duskull, the Requiem Pokemon. It doggedly pursues its prey wherever it goes. However, the chase is abandoned at sunrise." the Pokedex said.

"You've picked a good partner." the leader said. "She'll be a great help on your journey. Now go Bobby, and help Team Amythest with their goal to raise the Dark Kingdom once again!" she cried as Bobby and Duskull marched out of Everdark City and into their epic Journey!

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    (assuming I'm the one who does this... :P)

Nice Post! I like how you portrayed the Amethyst Leader :D
    Bobby obtained a (female&Jolly) level five Duskull, five Pokeballs and one Pokedex. Duskull grew to level 7.

sasuneuchiha

Years
    "Okay! Scorp!" Sam said, waking his pokemon, Skorupi. It had just woken up and it's thoughts were kinda cloudy. Sam could sense it. He was kinda tired. "Sorry, Scorp. I just had to wake you. Hop on!" Sam said, bending down. His pokemon jumped up onto his shoulder. Sam quickly ran out the door, checking out. He wouldn't be back for a while. He instantly ran out towards Route 1. That was the next step to his adventure. He needed a pokemon. As he ran along, he could sense a lot of pokemon moving around. It was insane. He knew it was bad that he was sensing so much, but he couldn't resist. It was just so fun.

As he ran, Scorp eventually jumped down to run along side him. As they ran along, he sensed several pokemon slowly moving towards him. He knew that they were hungry and thought he could help. His abilities worked both ways...he could sense their thoughts, but they could find him. Only pokemon, though. People couldn't sense it at all. That was actually very helpful. Finally, Sam got to what looked like a midway point. This was obviously important. He knew he was headed to a town, though, so the way he was headed was the right way. As he prepared to keep going, though, he sensed a new presense. This one had evaded his presense. It was obviously special. He couldn't sense it coming until it was right on him. He couldn't risk it getting away. "Scorp!" Sam said. Scorp felt it coming too. "Nido!" the pokemon said, charging at Scorp with it's horn. It was fast, cause it hit Scorp head on. This wasn't good.

Sam eventually figured it out. It was a nidoran male. It's very powerful, Sam thought. "Hm...I wonder. It's fast and strong, but...it doesn't look like it's focused enough. I'll bet I can beat it if I can just figure out it's weak point. Hm...maybe...there!" Sam said, pointing to it's belly. It always flinched right before an attack and if Scorp attacked it right there. "Nido!!!!" Sam heard it cry, charging for another Peck attack. Now was his chance. "Scorp! Stand your ground!" Sam said. Scorp could feel the waves of confidence Sam was sending out. It stood there as the Nidoran charged. Now! Sam thought. "Use bite to grab its horn!" Sam said, comanding his pokemon to attack. It grabbed the horn with its teeth. "Now throw it straight up!" Sam said. As Scorp threw it, Sam knew it was over. There was no way it could stop movement in the air. "Poison Sting on its stomach!" Sam said. It hit hard. As Nidoran fell, Sam tossed the poke ball. As it hit, Sam waited. One shake...two shakes. One click, that was what Sam waited for...

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Sasuneuchiha Err, I'll let you catch the Nidoran (m) this time, but in the future I would like just a little bit more lengthy. Also I'm still adjusting to your posting style. I see now that you normally post three to four paragraphs and it took me a while to realize that you wrote more than what appears, but still it could be a little longer. So... Congratulations Sam caught a level four Nidoran Male.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Hey Tim, guess what? You get to hang out with me!
    ... Hey, where're you going? Get back here!

As I was saying... You're going to be a member of Team Amethyst. You get the Wild Card which means that you get a special mission from the leader to go on... which I will tell you about soon... ;)

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Chapter 1: The city of Eternal night

"AHHH!" Scythe screamed as he awoke from a terrible nightmare he was having. Scythe looked around the room he was in and remembered that he had been spending the last couple of days in a pokemon center located in Everdark city. "Damn, todays the day i officially become a member of Team Amethyst that i reluctantly joined the other day" Scythe said as he put on his traveling clothes and his green coat. Scythe exits the center and walks to the midpoint of the dark and gloomy town, because this is where he's supposed to recieve his pokemon from. "Wow theres quite a few people", he said to himself in amazement as he forced his way through to the front of the crowd. All of a sudden a women walks out on a ledge from the building in front of them and she begins to speak.

The women addressed herself as the leader of team amethyst and began speaking more. "I know that you have all gathered here to fight for our cause, and the time to do so is now." Scythe notices that the leader turns her head and lets out a grin as she beings to say, "In fact," she said, looking back over the group. "Your devotion to our Team shall be proven now. Members of the enemy Team have entered our city, and you need to make sure they don't leave again." Scythe laughs at this saying, "Haha the first day i get my pokemon and i already have a mission from this women, geez i guess this aint gonna be a walk in the park". The leader then tells them to come forward and chose a pokemon.

Scythe moves forward to grab a pokeball when the women urges him to come towards her. "Umm , alright?" Scythe reluctantly says as he walks over to the over-powering women. "I know why you have joined our team, and i want to help you in your mission" she says before continuing, "but before i can help you i will need your help," She than laughs. Scythe looking confused and than realizing that this women has done her homework on him and probably everyone else, says "So than what is you need from me?". Looking back at him with a smile she says " I want you to do some special missions for me that require a tad bit more skill than some of these other new recruits might have, and i will also give you this pokemon, instead of the other choices"
    Scythe takes the pokeball and releases a Cyndaquil, looking astonished he says "Hmm fine ill do what ya ask" He than returns the cyndaquil to the ball as the women says "Good, but for now go out and capture me a spy, than will talk more"

Scythe feeling like hes getting in over his head, begins to look around the city for a spy anyway. "Gaaa this is boring, i doubt theres any spies here anyway, this is probably all one big trick" Scythe says as he releases his cyndaquil which happily jumps to his shoulder. "Well your a pretty friendly pokemon arent ya?" Scythe says to the fire pokemon, "Cynnda!" it shouts in reply. "Ahhhh" Scythe shouts as he his hit from behind by some unknown force, and falls to the ground. Scythe turns around to see an odd looking old man with glasses and huge nose standing in front of him with a gastly. "Who are you!" Scythe shouts to the man. "You already know....im a spy sent here from team topaz, and actually im supposed to take a team amethyst member back with me..so lets go!" The man shouts to scythe, and orders his gastly to use hypnosis on scythe and his cyndaquil. "Ah, i dont think so! Cyndaquil use smokescreen!" Scythe shouted thinking fast. The little pokemon shoots smoke out in all directions and the gastlys attack is ineffective. "What the!", the man says as he looks around and cant see anything." From behind the man Scythe stands wearing a pair of goggles that he had in has big, which is enabling him to see. Scythe shouts out "Cyndaquil use Ember right in front of you!" The little pokemon obeys and the man and his gastly get knocked out.

Back at the Team Amethyst base, the leader is waiting patiently as only a few members have so far brought back topaz members to her. "Hmmph i guess that kid couldnt pull even a simple task off like this, maybe i was wrong" she says outloud in her room starring at the tied up topaz members. "I dont think you were that wrong" a voice said, as scythe and his cyndaquil walked in feeling accomplished with a team topaz member in hand. "Well congratulations Mr. Rainer" the lady smiles as she hands him a pokedex and some pokeballs. "Cynda!" the pokemon shouts happily knowing it helped out its trainer. "ha this pokemon is so friendly to me and i barley even know it?" Scythe thought in his head. Than the women begins to speak to him, "and now its time i tell you about your next mission..." Scythe looks at her as she begins to chuckle.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    Nicholas continued walking through EverDark city, the lanterns around him slowing dimming out. Of course on of the citizen's then came out of her house to light it again. All seemed pretty normal for this grungy town. Nicholas was wearing a black jacket, considering it was oddly cold out without the usual warmth of the sun around him. However Nicholas was still smoking his trademark cigarette as he continued through the town.

Considering that the town's folk had already establised a relationship with Team Amethyst, their base was big and out in the open not needed to be hidden. Considering this town was already a endeavor of it's own to find, there wasn't any need to protect it. Or atleast that's what Nicholas thought. The Team Amethyst building loomed over him, glaring in the dark shadow.

"Halt who goes there?" A sudden and very commanding voice asked. Nicholas turned around and almost dead in his tracks. Upon further inspection in was just a grunt for team Amethyst, who had the "lovely" job of doing sentry duty.

"I'm a new Recruit, Nicholas Tremblay. I'm on the list!" Nicholas responded back coldly, continuing to smoke his cigarette. He also crossed his arms as he said this. The Sentry was currently talking on his cellphone, however he was quickly finished with that.

"Ok, list confirms your in. So get in there you don't want to get the boss mad." The sentry told Nicholas. Almost laughing at the last part of his sentence.

Nicholas just ignored the goofty sentry and entered the building. It seemed that all the members or trainees were going towards one room. So Nicholas decided to follow them all, which actually led him outside the building and into a clearing. He made a mental note to grab more information on where these meetings would take place later on. A woman stood on a ledge, a very overpowering woman. She was most likely the Team Amethyst leader, considering that her clothes were nice and had a little logo on them.

Nicholas decided to look around at some of these new recruits. Most of them where your average looking people, however two of these recruits seemed to pop out in Nicholas' mind. One of them had a mess of black curly hair, he was currently rather hyper looking. The other was a short kid with spikey black hair that was tipped with Gold. If Nicholas had to go into partners he would proabably choose these two. Heck if Nicholas was an Admin he would even put in a good word for them. That was if he was generous enough.

The woman then cleared her throat. Time to adress the crowd.

Our numbers are growing as is our strength!" Her commanding voice spread easily through the air and she glanced over the group of new members. They weren't as much as she had expected, but they would have to do. "I know that you have all gathered here to fight for our cause, and the time to do so is now."

The pager vibrated at her side and she looked down, reading the message that scrolled across it. A smile prickled her lips.

"In fact," she said, looking back over the group. "Your devotion to our Team shall be proven now. Members of the enemy Team have entered our city, and you need to make sure they don't leave again."

"Choose a Pokemon from the tables there," she gestured to the area before her, which had several wary-eyed guards who made sure none of the new recruits attempted to swipe an extra Pokemon. "But choose carefully as the Pokemon you take will be your partner on your journey."

"Go out and test your strength and defeat and capture at least one of the enemy Team-members and bring them back to headquarters. When you do so, you will be given the supplies that you need and some money to purchase any further necessities," she instructed. "But don't bring your Pokemon back here unless you went to the Pokemon Center first. We don't have time to take care of injured Pokemon. Now, go!"

Nicholas decided to go to the tables after all the recruits had gone through their "let's grab the best pokemon that's there because it will make me stronger and make me rise the ranks more easily crusade." Nicholas was the last one to walk up to the table, he sighed and grabbed a pokeball and pressed the button that was in the middle. A small black dog came out of the pokeball she ran up to Nicholas and takled him in his knees.

"Well this pup has always been courageous!" The guard told Nicholas and laughed at his own words.

"Hmm... Anyways it seemed that this pokemon is going to be my partner. See ya later I'm off to go catch me a spy." Nicholas told the guard while picking up his new partner. He also made sure to grab the supplies eh would need for his journey.

It had been only fifteen minutes and Nicholas had gotten himself lost in the forest. That's what he deserved for letting his pokemon lead the way he thought. Atleast it wasn't all in vain because he heard some whispering next to him.

"Ugh, this forest gives me the chills. Why did I sign up to be a Team Topaz again? I mean I barely passed that training exam and Ambrosia is really creepy. Maybe I should quit right now become a travelling trainer." A female voice said.

Poochyena decided to go head first and attack the Team Topaz spy, she had released her Aipom however and it had been quite the grueling fight. In the end Poochyena beast the Aipom by slamming it into a tree.

"Now missy your a coming with me..." Nicholas said in a creepy voice while looking at the Team Topaz spy. He picked her up and placed her over his shoulders. She wasn't that heavy but she was still kicking and screaming the whole way back. Once Nicholas had gotten back to the square where they started only about five of the people were back. The Curly hair kid, and the golden tipped hair kid were among the few. They all kinda gave Nicholas a weird glare. The spy was now crying for her life over his shoulders. Nicholas dropped the girl on the ground.

"Hell this annoying spy is your's now." Nicholas said coldly he and his Poochyena walked over to the side and watched a few guards take the girl away.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Tim:
    Hmm... apparently the Team Amethyst leader likes to laugh a lot XD Anyway, try and watch your punctuation and spacing more (yeah, I'm a perfectionist for that sort of thing, so feel free to ignore me :P)
    Scythe obtained a level five Cyndaquil, five Pokeballs and one Pokedex. Cyndaquil grew to level 7.

Moogle:
    Aren't random characters just awesome? :P
    Nicholas obtained a level five Poochyena, five Pokeballs and one Pokedex. Poochyena grew to level 7. (he didn't technically obtain anything in this post... but he will have these items at the beginning of the second chapter)

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    Chapter 2: Route 1, Part 1

(Ooc: Sorry if it's too long, I got a little [HA!] delved into the interactions between Ana and Wooper (now Woopy because I suck at nicknames :))

"
    Meet 'Woopah'!"

"… how am I supposed to contact you if I don't even…"
    Prof. Scarlet was now gone, and Ana simply stood stupefied next to her bike, muttering to herself. What now? She thought as she looked down and a bit depressed, but all of a sudden…

"Wooop… pah!"

"What the…!" Ana was stunned and jumped from the surprise. There, perched on top of her bike's handlebars, stood a little blue Pokémon, a little taller than a foot in size, gleefully jumping from right to left on its two stubby feet. It had a big grin that went from ear to ear, or should I say: gill to gill.

"Wooop… pah, Woop... pah!" it kept singing and dancing on top of the handlebars of the green bike. "Whoop?" It suddenly stopped after sensing something strange, something… dangerous!

"SOO CUUTEE!" Ana was stargazed, as she looked at the cute thing dancing.

"Wop?" there was definitely something wrong here! A cold shiver ran down Wooper's back and as it looked at the dumbfounded girl in front of it. All of a sudden, an over-excited Ana jumped on top of the poor thing to hug it… "Wooop!" the Wooper tried to escape but there was nothing it could do, from the moment she saw it… it was already too late!

-Beep, beep- the sudden beeps, and vibrations of the red device Ana had put inside her bag broke the hypnotic state, and Ana reached for it letting Wooper off of her Deadly Bear Hug! -Beep- the Pokédex beeped once more before Ana finally opened it.
    The Ophoore region
    "Wooper, the Water Fish Pokémon."
    It stated bluntly with an electronic voice, "It lives in cold water, half burying itself in the mud from the bottom to sleep. A mucous membrane covers it, and touching it barehanded may cause shooting pain."

After hearing this last sentence, Ana's arms and upper body suddenly cramped up, and she fell sideways her mouth foaming a bit.
    "Woopah!" the Wooper cried out surprised, and disappointed by what it had done…

"It's okay Wooper" Ana said as she struggled to her feet, "I guess it's going to take a while to get accustomed though" she said warmly, making the little fella blush a bit. "Anyways," Ana continued, "…even though Prof. Scarlet is gone, this is not time to stay here sulking!" she stated firmly even getting a look of awe from her new partner, "Alright! Let's go Woopy!"

"Eh!" it was not surprising that Wooper was discontent with this bastardization of its name.

"I know it's a bit lame, but don't worry… we'll think of a better name later okay?" Ana didn't like the name either, but let's face it… she probably would NEVER come up with a better name…

And that said, this is how the treacherous road of becoming a Pokémon researcher started for Ana and… Woopy?!

. . . . . . . . . .

It had been a couple of hours since Ana and… Woopy left Firststar Town, and set out through Route 1 to Beginroot Town, Ana was exhausted from how difficult the bike ride was through the rugged landscape, so she decided to stop for a bit after noticing a small clearing with a clear pond.
    "Alright then, Woopy come out!" she yelled as she threw her Pokéball into the air next to the pond.

"Hmph! Woopah!" the Wooper was still annoyed of such a lame nickname, and it proceeded to completely ignore Ana and jump into the pond straight to the bottom.

"Whatever, it's already stuck!" Ana was of course irritated with the way that Wooper was taking it, I mean… sure, Woopy isn't great, but it would be calling her AND EVERYONE ELSE Wooper… WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?! "Ahh, whatever" she sighed as she refilled her water bottle with the clear pond water. There must be some type of underground river around here in order for this water to be so clear… she thought, but she then proceeded to shrug it off: "I'm such a dork troubling myself over science and geography while I'm in the middle of a journey… ha!"

All of a sudden though,
    "Ni… do… RAN!"

"What?" all of a sudden, a pink Pokémon charged against her, barely missing her leg with an attack with its horn.

"Nidoran!" It repeated itself. Scared, Ana quickly took out her Pokédex to figure out what was going on.

The Ophoore region
    "Nidoran… Male, the Poison Pin Pokémon."
    It started again with its automated voice. "It has developed muscles in his ears to move them freely in order to catch the slightest sounds. If it senses danger, it'll attack with his horn to inject poison, the longer the horn, the stronger the poison."

Damn…
    Ana thought scared,
    … from here, that horn looks REALLY BIG! "Woopy…" she screamed out in fear while [barely] dodging the poison Pokémon's new assault. "HEEEEEEELP!!!"

"Woopah!" the water/ground Pokémon appeared jolting out of the water with a frown on her face… "Woop!" she glared angrily at the Nidoran attacking her trainer.

The two Pokémon stared at each other for a second or two, the Nidoran suddenly twitched his eyes making the Wooper lose her footing for a bit, but it was finally Woopy who broke the silence as it suddenly started a little dance by jumping left to right while wagging her tail hitting the floor next to her,
    "Woop… pah, Woop... pah!" she sang with an irritated voice.

"Leer, and Tail Whip…" the Pokédex suddenly broke out making Ana flinch, "… two attacks designed to make the opponent drop their guard, Pokémon use attacks such as this to determine superiority between each other, and hopefully avoid battle." The ceremony between the two Pokémon repeated itself once more, before the Nidoran suddenly jolted over to Woopy with his poisonous horn pointed forward.

"NI… DO… RAN!" it cried angrily as it lunged itself over against Wooper.

"Woopy, watch out!"
    Ana cried scared, but her Woopy was already prepared for it…

"Woop..." all of a sudden, the Wooper's cheeks filled up, and: "PAH!" she shot out a burst of water that hit the Nidoran directly in the face, and downed him where he stood.

"Water Gun..." The Pokédex burst out again, "… the user shoots a powerful blast of water that hits the opponent."

But the Nidoran wasn't planning to give in so easily…
    "NI… DO… RAN!" he ran straight forward against the Wooper standing in front of him

"Woop…" Woopy's cheeks were once again filled up with water, but Woopy wasn't fast enough this time, and was downed by the opponent with a powerful peck, the onslaught continued as Nidoran took advantage of his opponent's loss in footing, and proceeded to attack rapidly.

"Peck… the user uses this move to jab its opponent with either a sharp beak, or horn."

Woopy was in trouble, but Ana had never even seen a battle before, and was completely paralyzed.
    "Damn, what am I supposed to do?..." before she could think of anything, though, she noticed Woopy's skin producing that same gooey substance that she had used against her when Ana tried to hug it, "What is she…"

"Woooooooop!" Woopy cried out, and began flapping against her sides throwing mud all over the place.

"Mud Sport…" the Pokédex broke out once more, although by now, Ana was completely used to it. "The user throws mud around to cover itself with it, and reduce the effect of electricity."

"Electricity?" Ana questioned Woopy's motives... she had never seen a battle before, but she was certain that this couldn't help right NOW!

But Woopy's plan worked! Some of the mud she shot out got into Nidoran's eyes, and Woopy took this opportunity to retreat to the pond. She dove in, and almost instantaneously jumped back out and shot a powerful Water Gun at the (still disabled) Nidoran.
    "Woop… PAH!" she cried angrily.

The Nidoran couldn't take the hit, which came from a weird angle to its' side, and was sent flying. He rolled once, twice, and then hit a tree and fell to the floor barely conscious. He didn't have much strength left, but he still struggled to try and get up,
    "Niii, do…"

"Woopah!" Woopy was clearly frustrated, and was started to prepare a new attack, "Woop…"

"STOP!" Ana finally got back to her senses, and ordered her Wooper to stand her ground. "If I'm going to become a top Pokémon researcher… I need specimens, I need a TEAM!" with this, she took out an empty Pokéball from her bag, and threw it at the Nidoran, "Pokéball, go!" she screamed. Upon contact with the weak Pokémon, the Pokéball opened up, and a red beam de-materialized the Nidoran, and absorbed it to the inside, making it disappear.

The Pokéball fell back to the floor, and started shaking violently, once… twice…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back