• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real pokemon guru

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Actually neiteio, I have a coreection. Snarlax's leg muscles, though very small are the strongest muscles in its body. If Snorl;ax's "fat" is muscle and bone, how is it that one is able to bounce on the belly, see many pokemon episodes, it's in aa lot of them. I could be wrong though. From what I know, muscle is thick and not very bouncy. Am I right?

Let's say the data theory is correct(like proven). Missingo is the data of a pokemon being transferred. It somehow ran away during the process of data transferring. That explains it's appearence and also why it's called Missingo. Because it went missing in a lab test of data transferring. It's real species is unknown.

Last edited:

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • How do psychic pokemon use their powers?

how does deoxys change forms?

how are bug types super effective against Psychic and dark types?

Psychic Pokemon have increased the power of their alpha brainwaves, which have strange electromagnetic properties. They can push and pull things, which is the basis of all psychic moves. Reflect, for example, is a constant pushing aura of psychokinetic force, while Extrasensory alternates between pushing and pulling to inflict pain and damage.

Deoxys (being a virus) has fragile, easily-corruptable D/RNA. Strong radiation from the Veilstone meteorites causes a corruption at a specific locus in the D/RNA, similar to how UV radiation can cause corruptions (cancer) in human DNA. Since DNA is the blueprint for our physical form, an alteration in Deoxys' D/RNA would cause it to physically mutate.

Bug types have very simple [hive]minds. Psychic types can faintly read their opponents' minds and predict how and where they will strike. As such, they can brace for the impact, reducing the damage. Bug types have such unusual thought processes that the Psychics can't predict their movements and brace themselves. They therefore take more damage than usual. Dark types are defined by malevolence and trickery. They all have a menacing aura that surrounds them and weakens nearby opponents. Bugs are so simple that the aura doesn't affect them (and they can strike at full power).

Actually neiteio, I have a coreection. Snarlax's leg muscles, though very small are the strongest muscles in its body. If Snorl;ax's "fat" is muscle and bone, how is it that one is able to bounce on the belly, see many pokemon episodes, it's in aa lot of them. I could be wrong though. From what I know, muscle is thick and not very bouncy. Am I right?

I never intended to say that Snorlax had no fat at all, but was rather built like a sumo wrestler: sturdy bones, lots of muscle, but also a lot of fat.

<removed by BeachBoy: asking for rep isn't allowed here>

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Psychics: Nieteio coulldn't have explained it better

Deaoxys has the ability to manipulate it's appearence and body structure. It can make itself harder, lighter, heavier, etc.

Bugs: bug pokemon exert a colorless, odorless gas(not carbon monoxide) that is still unkown to scientists and it slows down the psychic pokemon's "brain power" so to speak. It makes it more difficult for them to do the things they do.

Nieteio, I totally get what you mean. Cmon guys. We put a lot of effort into this. Sure, not all of our answers are right but let's see you do better I mean cmon. "You suck at guruing"is a quote from someone on my rep. And whoever said that,let's see you try. I bet you suck at it too, if you think I do. Now I'll admit, Neiteio's answers are more logical than some of my answers. But you have to realize something. He's seventeen if I'm right and a microbilogy major and I'm fifteen. A freshman in high school goin on sophmore. So to all of you who say I suck,wellyou can shove it! I'm just a normal kid okay so lay off and give me some credit. I'm trying my best. Neiteio is brilliant. Far more than me, I'll admit it.So seriously guys, cut us some slack. Now this is not for all of you. Some of you do support me(I don't know about neiteio though since I can't read his rep comments) and I thank you. Now some of you just sit there and have a question answered and don't rep, and that's a little annoying, but to those who are criticizing me, screw you. Lay off.

Last edited:

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Just FYI, reputation is a privlege, not a right. I'd just be glad the system is in place.[/OT]

Bug types have very simple [hive]minds. Psychic types can faintly read their opponents' minds and predict how and where they will strike. As such, they can brace for the impact, reducing the damage. Bug types have such unusual thought processes that the Psychics can't predict their movements and brace themselves. They therefore take more damage than usual. Dark types are defined by malevolence and trickery. They all have a menacing aura that surrounds them and weakens nearby opponents. Bugs are so simple that the aura doesn't affect them (and they can strike at full power).
    This has got to be the best explanation of this I've seen yet.

I'm assuming everyone is familiar with the pokéradar. If you are, then skip to the boldface question. If you're not, there are three patch categories. I refer to them as 'normal patches', 'blinger patches', and 'shiny patches'. The middle ones are the kind that sparkle and house the pokéradar pokémon. Normal patches cannot house Sunkern, Tauros, Sentret, etc. Shiny patches house, obviously, any shiny. Normal patches make sense; the pokémon shakes the grass. Shiny patches make sense; the pokémon's sparkles are caught by the radar. How do blinger patches work? Not only do pokéradar-exclusive pokémon show up in them, but "normal" pokemon as well as the third gen-insertables can. How does this work? They don't all know Flash.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    I don't know what knowing flash has to do with it and oyur description confused the crud ouit of me so I looked at serebii for this(I don't own any 4 gen games yet) I think that the data of a pokemon is stored in the pokeradar. Every detail. So when all of those details match, it identifies the pokemon. For shinies, the pokeradar reads every other detail besdies color. It kind of works like a pokedex.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The PokeRadar could release an EM wave of some kind which causes certain pokemon's skin/fur/what-have-you sparkle brightly. Shiny pokemon and the species of pokemon not native to Sinnoh respond to this. 2 notes, though. This exact guess would not work in Johto if GSDS had it, and the non-native pokemon would be more easily startled by this, as shinies would deal with it constantly, hence the shaking.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    That's just it. It doesn't need to make a clone (besides which, they already have test tube babies. Remember Mewtwo?). It simply turns it to data and back. memory card =/= cloning.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Wait a sec on this data thing. To make an exact clone of a living organism, you would need a donor and a maother host to make the life. If there is no mother host, then the copy would be virtual.

Here is a diagram on the process of cloning.

https://www.millerandlevine.com/cloning/dolly-fig-13-13.jpg

See what I mean.

No, the data conversion isn't cloning. How it works is that the original matter and sentience (mind or "soul") get turned into digital information (data), the type that can be stored on a computer, i.e. Pokemon storage system in the games.

The PokeBall is like a partitioned hard drive. One section keeps the Pokemon's body data, and the other holds its sentience and a virtual reality program. When the Pokemon is in the Ball, it's sentience file is uploaded into the VR program, so the Pokemon "thinks" it's in its own little world.

When the Pokemon is called out, the data gets re-converted into matter, and the sentience is "replaced".

When a Pokemon is first caught, the data storage system in the PokeBall creates a special "protected file". This file is like a tag, it identifies the Pokemon it corresponds with and prevents other Pokemon from being caught in the same PokeBall.

Deleting this file is how one permanently releases a Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Isn't it impossible to contain a soul though? Why not if no?

And I tok the clone thing from SRIHGR he said wexact clone.

And how does simple data become a living breathing thing?

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
    Years
  • How can, when using metronome, snorelax fly? It has no method of attaining wieghtlessness, it has no lift, and it's REALLY, REALLY, HEAVY!

How can an eyeless pokemon use mean look, and a pokemon with only flippers use metal claw?

If two Beldum/Metang are close to evolution, how can they become one, and how does their intelligence improve so drasticly if they likely had very similar lives in terms of education. Furthermore, how do their move knowledge combine? And finaly, what happens if a Beldum starts evolving if there is no nearby beldum also ready for evolution?

Oh and the whole soul thing: Sorry to smash religious beliefs and all, but everything from itelligence to morals to what you'd call a "soul" is stored as chemicals in the brain. There is no soul, there is just chains chemical reactions that appear to be a set of morals and habits. And if you had the chemicals, you could build an exact replica of a living being. But since you'd need impossible precision, and to know everything about more than hundreds of billions of particles, it's often considered impossible.

And finally: Data becomes a living being, when you give it the tools and materials necisary to build an entire organism.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    I'm gonna guess that snorlax bounces off the ground. That's pretty weak, I know, but I'll think of a beter explanation later.

Mean look is a move that the pokemon creates an illusion of a mean look. So they don't need eyes.

The two use their magnetic pull to become one. They then morph their steel bodies to form one the same way Alakazam and Kadabra bend spoons.

That's the thing, they didn't live similar lives. They each learn at their own pace and learn different things. When the two combine, their two brains becomes one and they each know what the other learned.

This is a tricky one. Ummm... the feromone thing I suppose. (they release a feromone that attracts another Beldum).

Wouldn't you need an egg and sperm(!) cell to create a living thing though.

Down with Darkness, please have a little less questions next time. I get that you have a lot of them, but there's something about more than three questions in one post that makes it confusing.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • For the Mean Look thing, I presume that you are mostly talking about Zubat. I would say that they make what they have of a "face" and make it look scary.

For the Metal Claw thing, I presume taht you are talking about Prinplup. It's kinda the same thing with the Iron Tail controversy. Prinplup does the same thing needed for Iron Tail, but instead of coming DOWN, it goes ACROSS in a slicing motion.

I believe that Inkfingers gave a good explanation on the Snorlax and Beldum things. Only maybe instead of pheromones, it's some lind of sonic wave or even a telepathic message.

I hope that I helped.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Thanks missingo.The metal claw thing, kinda what missingo said. It isn't really using a claw. When the pokemon swings it's arm downward, it is like using a claw. And the metal thing just means it's as hard as metal.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    This one is fairly simple, but I still don't fully get why it is so...
    How come any pokemon with claws/scythes/sharp-thingies can learn aerial ace, despite lacking the ability to fly. To tell the truth I don't quite remember if, in its description, it even mentioned flying, but then why is it of that type in the first place, then?

This one is fairly simple, but I still don't fully get why it is so...
    How come any pokemon with claws/scythes/sharp-thingies can learn aerial ace, despite lacking the ability to fly? To tell the truth I don't quite remember if, in its description, it even mentioned flying, but then why is it of that type in the first place, then?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    IDK if this has been asked yet, but how does Ditto transform?

And how do teleporters (like Abra) teleport?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Red, I think ditto's already been asked about, and only Bill's iteration of teleportation has come up. Psychic-type abilities are among the least logical pokemon powers. In he case of teleportation, I can only guess that the pokemon can diffuse the matter which composes it's body (likely into energy form), and rebuilds it elsewhere. Perhaps the soul (the existence of which would make a number of things easier) actually does travel while the body is gone, or there is a short moment where there are actually 2 bodies.

On to Bringer, the main actions of Aerial Ace (which, if I remember correctly, are a loop and quick dash forward) can be performed by a number of pokemon, and in many deviations of the basics, which would contribute to the no-misses bit in the game, as the exact style changes so much, you can't hardly ever tell what's coming. As for it being a flying-type attack 100% of the time (it seems it could easily be normal, as could many other moves), There really isn't very much explanation for certain moves, so I came up with another theory. Different attacks stimulate different variants of Aura (think chakra, without obvious handseals) which color the effectiveness of attacks on certain pokemon, and change the sensation of the move. Pokemon have one or two prevalent kinds of said aura, which determine their type, and what they react to. It may also be focused to certain points on the body, and could serve as a basic explanation for why Charizard dies when that flame does. Also, the kind of Aura Lucario and Riolu use are the closest to "uncolored" aura, which is basic life force, or a soul.

Acceptable?

Last edited:

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
    Years
  • Wouldn't you need an egg and sperm(!) cell to create a living thing though.

Well... no. The egg and the sperm start developement and replication, but if you create a carbon copy(not literally), of a living being with the exact same types of particles, then it will devlope exactly like the predicesor. just like if you took an egg, and copied every attribute of it, it would crack, roll, smell and taste like an egg. For all necisary purposes it would be an egg, or in this case, a living organism.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Aerial ace is a move that the pokemon leaps orflies into the air very high and slash or pecks the enemy. Non flying pokemon leap high in the air as if they were flying.

It's made of a substance similar to Silly Putty. It is still unknown what substance that is though. It is solid enough to give it a face. It can transform because it does not have a solid structure, but is very sophisticated, giving it the ability to transform into an exact copy. How does it change color? Smae way a chameleon does. How does it change shape, same way clay is formed, only it does it by itself. How does it know the moves of the opposite pokemon? Ditto is a telepath and since it is so sophisticated it learns the move in 1 second.

Telport? Um... I gues they move so fast that they seem to be teleporting. Because of Abra's long rest periods, it has much energy and can move very fast. I'll try to come up with a better explanation though.

But the organism is incinerated. That's another question . How is an organism inceinerated, but it's thoughts and memory, an unattainable object(I think), saved. If it's incinerated, it's gone right? I don't think it's possibly to arificially create an organism out of circuts and chips. But I could be wrong.

Last edited:
    Back