• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Allowed Groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I really like the rep system and I hope the staff doesn't just disable it because of these problems. If Rukario is watching them, then it would be alright, but I'm sure Rukario is a very busy person.
    Well, the group's main intention is to find these problems, and try to find a way to resolve them. :)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Autism is hard for us, please do not go insulting those with autism. We have to support each other, and that is positively repping posts that got spam de-repped. That is all.

That is just as much abuse as people neg repping you. It's hypocrisy.

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    So you wanted the members of the group to +rep each other for a reason unrelated to the content of the post? That smacks of hypocrisy for someone who is forever complained about supposedly being -rep'd for that very reason.
    No. Rep is meant to show how good the post is, not for flaming users. Some of the autistics of PC get negative reputation because people flame them. We want to try and actually boost up each other's rep's to show that there are people out there that care about us.

Years
    No. Rep is meant to show how good the post is, not for flaming users. Some of the autistics of PC get negative reputation because people flame them. We want to try and actually boost up each other's rep's to show that there are people out there that care about us.

Clearly we're wasting our time trying to explain this to you.

Years
    Some higher staff do nothing IMO. Or just say the same thing, "disable rep, it doesn't matter much".
    Woh woh woh.
    Hold on there Spey.
    You don't know that for a certain fact now do you?

Don't say someone isn't doing something, just because they haven't made it public.
    There could be endless amount of discussion on the moderator + administrator boards.

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Clearly we're wasting our time trying to explain this to you.
    I really don't care, it's a social group. Can't we just have a private life without some ex-staff member pruning them and complaining? :(

Woh woh woh.
    Hold on there Spey.
    You don't know that for a certain fact now do you?

Don't say someone isn't doing something, just because they haven't made it public.
    There could be endless amount of discussion on the moderator + administrator boards.
    Well, everytime I've sent a PM to an admin about spam rep, I jut get the usual "Disable rep, don't worry about it." or "I've removed the rep, but why not just disable reputation instead of pestering us?"

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I really don't care, it's a social group. Can't we just have a private life without some ex-staff member pruning them and complaining? :(

Not when there are rules that need to be followed and understood. You really need to learn that some debates are just futile from the start. The world doesn't move for you. If you have so much bad rep....maybe it should be a revelation to you now.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013

I'm sure people do care, but rep is not a very big deal. At one point, I too was trying really hard to get rep, but it's just a green block. I understand what you are trying to say though.

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Not when there are rules that need to be followed and understood. You really need to learn that some debates are just futile from the start.
    You link me to the rules for social groups, then I can end this debate.

Years
    Well, everytime I've sent a PM to an admin about spam rep, I jut get the usual "Disable rep, don't worry about it." or "I've removed the rep, but why not just disable reputation instead of pestering us?"
    That still doesn't mean to say they don't have a "master" plan in mind, or they aren't doing anything.

Don't make a statement without the correct information.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    ...Luke's not the only one who doesn't like what's going on.

A lot of members enjoy the rep system and use it purposefully. You complaining about rep is exactly what caused your rep to reach low numbers. If you keep complaining then the admin team won't really have an option to disable rep for everyone once again. (something I don't want to happen)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Thank you.

No, it's not. Just 'cause you're ex-staff doesn't give you the right to dictate to people what to do. :cheeky:

Uhhhh... positive abuse is just as bad as negative abuse. You don't seem to understand that any abuse of the system, whether you benefit from it or not, is bad. ~_~

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I'm not the only person that gets spam rep. All of the users of the Autistics of PokeCommunity group get bad rep, just because of their condition. People just can't understand it, and bad rep us for it, which is not on.

Uhhhh... positive abuse is just as bad as negative abuse. You don't seem to understand that any abuse of the system, whether you benefit from it or not, is bad. ~_~
    What you have just said there is that if we use rep, then we are being naughty and breaking rules.

Um, Spey, you do no that if you all have negative rep, then giving each other rep isn't going to do anything. >___>
    Yes I know, and I can't handle it anymore.

I've noticed that any rep from someone gets banned vanishes?

Last edited:

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    This thread....
    Allowed Groups?

Let the fate of this social group be decided upon at a later time, but this thread has ~got to go.

Spey said:
    I'm not the only person that gets spam rep. All of the users of the Autistics of PokeCommunity group get bad rep, just because of their condition. People just can't understand it, and bad rep us for it, which is not on.
    People aren't repping them because of their condition. Don't use it as an excuse, I find that absolutely disgusting.

Years
    (Sorry Matt, breaking your lock for a moment.)
    No, it's not. Just 'cause you're ex-staff doesn't give you the right to dictate to people what to do. :cheeky:
    He's not so much dictating what people do, he's saying what the rules are - because he's ex-staff, he's bound to know the rules a bit more closely than others because he's had to work using them.

Just going to say here - and I'm talking in general here, not just to you - he's right about it. So many people think that only negative reputation given for no reason is "abuse", but the thing is - "for no reason" applies just as well to positive reputation; I and other admins have deleted +rep before that seemed to be given for a reason other than as a commentary on the post it was given to.

There's a reason why it's against the rules for people to ask for reputation (and has been, for years) - doesn't matter if it's in a thread, a social group, or wherever. You should be repping people for their posts, not just because they share anything with you or because they asked for it.

Also, staff probably tell people to just disable it because 1.) it's the easiest course of action, and 2.) most of them don't care all that much about reputation - as they should, as it's not a system that needs all this fuss over it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back