• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - HeartGold & SoulSilver Adventure!

Years
Well, Patrick and Cameron are made with just some flash game dressup thing at DeviantArt. If I was an artist, I'd draw them myself. Alas, I be a writer.
yes, i know that. just tyring to get my words out better, so i had to do some stupid comparing! XD

And, they do have a backstory; Patrick and Cameron have both been through their own Pokémon journey in the Kanto region. That journey is a prequel that has yet to be written. I would've gone with that first, but I made this Johto journey in excitement for the upcoming remakes.
okay, well, then I truly cant wait to hear them, since i guess it will make them seem more interesting, seeing the battles the won/lost before, and seeing whow they take this whole new journey. that will be fun to read =]

So, yes. They do have lives. Cameron got a little nerdy with his after Kanto, working for Professor Elm. Patrick took an extended break after the Kanto League, he lost his will for battle. That got boring for him. Cameron decided to give him a call once the Johto League was announced (Pilot) and there you go; that's why they're in Johto.

yes, i do see that. so, i was wrong when i saidthey have absolutely no backstory, but it still isnt alot, you must agree. tho, i may have been a little harsh before, but I mean, I dont know...who am I to judge? you are the author of this story, and its only the beginning, so I know this story will grow and become even more awesome story. They do have lives before, i know, but back to the mom thing (XD), maybe she can call him on the Pokegear, and get mad at him for him being in the Johto region XD that would be funny (tho im not the author, so you dont have to listen XD)

And, thanks for the kind words!
was that sarcastic? -_-

Lash

Years
-----
Chapter 4 II

The group continued their venture to Violet City, and it was easily noticeable that Route 30 wasn't very populated. A bug catcher here and there, and a youngster or two were the only other trainers besides Patrick. Nevertheless, he went against his own request and stopped to battle. The only one that didn't get a chance to battle any was Ledyba, who only detached himself from his trainer to watch the matches. The trainer going against his own word surely costed him some time, as the sun was beginning to descend into the horizon, making way for another starry night. While the sun still remained on the horizon line, the view in the sky was breathtaking. An orange tint mixed with sky blue hung above the skyline. Flocks of bird Pokémon flew about, either traveling back to their nests or to a new one.

However, Patrick took no time to admire the sight given to him and the rest of the world by Arceus. His only reason was knowing that he couldn't afford to waste a single minute. The route could become difficult to navigate during the night which wasn't far away. They group continued walking.

Again, however, Patrick contradicted himself when he offered the group a short rest stop. He sat up against a tree where Hoothoot found a suitable branch to land on. Poliwhirl spoke to his trainer about wasting time. He understood perfectly what the Pokémon was saying.

"I believe I'm a walking contradiction, and I ain't got no right." He laughed as he recited the Green Day lyrics.

Poliwhirl sighed and shook his head before putting his attention on Cyndaquil and Ledyba. Neither of the two were in equal terms yet, so they still decided to stay away from one another. While the five star Pokémon was seriously focusing on staying away from his rival, the fire mouse Pokémon was putting no mind into it. His curiosity got to him again when he saw cocoon Pokémon hanging from a nearby tree. He was familiar with Metapod, but not this Pokémon. Some of these yellow cone shaped Pokémon were hanging from tree branches in a similar style to the Metapod from earlier, but a larger mass of this Pokémon were connected right to the tree. The front of their bodies fit perfectly against the tree, despite the fact that the could only see what was in front of them with their black, triangular eyes.

Patrick could still see Cyndaquil from where he was, but he couldn't see his current activity. A mistake on his part was trusting the fire Pokémon. He poked the Kakuna that was closest to the ground a couple of times before it fell. The cocoon Pokémon attempted to move, but it was on its back. All it could do was roll side to side in pain. It yelled its name out to all its fellow Kakuna. The rest of the bug Pokémon on the tree alarmingly said their names in unison. The backs on the ones connected to the tree split wide open. White, glowing entities emerged from the now empty shells. The Kakuna hanging from the tree via string shot went through the same process. Once the flashes of light cleared, airborne Pokémon made their presence known by exclaiming their names once again.

Cyndaquil backed up from the swarm as they shook off any fluid dripping from them from inside the shell. The fast flapping of their veined wings also made a sound that made the fire Pokémon uncomfortable, as if the appearance of the Beedrill in general wasn't disturbing enough. The Poison Bee Pokémon's bodies were connected by three segments. The head, which had two short, black antennae and two red eyes. The main body in the center is where its four legs were connected to. The two lower legs were longer than the top set of legs. They were thin, but had enough strength to support the bug types entire body. Its upper legs were connected to two sharp, long, and otherwise deadly stingers. The final section of the body was the abdomen. Two pitch black stripes raced around it. At the end was another stringer, just as sharp, if not sharper than the two main spikes. A notable difference was the fact that this third stinger was able to inflict the opponent with the poison status condition.

All at once, the swarm of Beedrill all turned to Cyndaquil. Patrick looked over to see the army attempting to impale his Pokémon. He panicked and jolted up.

"Guys, Cyndaquil is in trouble! We need to help!"

All his Pokémon sensed the concern in his voice. Instead of taking a ride on his torso again, Ledyba flew for a change. Poliwhirl also got a concerned look on his face when he saw Cyndaquil jumping and dodging attacks for his life. Without any command from Patrick, he began firing many Water Gun attacks. This only stopped the ones hit by the attack temporarily, angering them more in the process. While most of the swarm still focused their attention on Cyndaquil, a small group advanced for Patrick and his Pokémon. Ledyba was frightened by the sight of multiple threatening Pokémon rushing towards them, so he proceeded to hug Patrick's back in the same fashion he did before with his torso. He squeezed his eyes shut. Hoothoot jumped in front of the group to create a Reflect shield from the Beedrill. The Poison Bee Pokémon weren't smart enough to fly around the shield, so they proceeded to attack it. Poliwhirl knocked out some of the Beedrill by firing off a Hydro Pump. Hoothoot went into close range combat with them, pecking at them constantly. They managed to make it through that wave without a problem. Both Pokémon then advanced for the main swarm to join battle with and defend Cyndaquil.

Patrick thought on his feet. Instead of waiting for his Pokémon to defeat the swarm, he dived into it to grab Cyndaquil. He began running in the direction he was going, following by his Pokémon and the Beedrill army. While scooping up the fire mouse Pokémon, he noticed the immobile Kakuna on the ground. He paid no mind to it, knowing immediately why Cyndaquil was being attacked. He was shaking in his trainer's arms from the traumatic experience. He even resorted to curling up into a ball till he was convinced the threat was gone.

Patrick kept looking for a different direction to run to, but most areas were open to direct attack on the entire group. Most areas, at least. He sighed in relief when he saw a cave entrance. It didn't look like their was any source of light inside, but protection in any place was better than none at all. He directed Poliwhirl and Hoothoot towards the cavern.

"Hoothoot, I want you to use a full power Reflect to cover up the entire entrance!"

Hoothoot nodded. Patrick and Poliwhirl ran into the cave and kept going for a couple feet while the owl Pokémon stayed behind. Her eyes glowed more intensely than they usually do when creating a reflect attack. Still, she succeeded in covering the entire cave entrance with the strong, clear shield. The Beedrill didn't notice at all, crashing right into it. Each and every of the bug Pokémon fell. Most of them twitched once they hit the ground. Some got back up and attempted to get past the shield, but it held. The swarm gave up their pursuit once they noticed that they couldn't pass the reflect attack. As the shield disappeared, Hoothoot began panting. Keeping up such a large shield for even a short amount of time was tiring. Patrick offered to return her to her Poké Ball, which she kindly accepted.

Ledyba opened his eyes and landed on the ground. Poliwhirl and Patrick were panting from their run, but the trainer was more concerned with Cyndaquil. He stopped shaking, and uncurled from his defensive position. Patrick began petting him to put him in a state of comfort. Anything was better than being terrified. He was quickly back to his naïve and happy go lucky self. He didn't seem to mind being in almost complete darkness, as the remaining light outside was still providing him and the rest of his team with enough light for some navigation.

"Guys, I think we should lay low here for a couple minutes. Those Beedrill are probably still looking for us."

All his remaining Pokémon nodded. Instead of staying in the same area they were in, the Pokémon followed Patrick deeper into the cave. The light from outside disappeared, darkness surrounding them. Cyndaquil improvised, however. He spewed flames out his back, giving the group a decent amount of light. Patrick picked up his little genius and placed him on his head. Ledyba followed the routine of attaching to his trainer's torso. He didn't seem to mind at all now that the bug Pokémon was getting too attached.

After wandering about the cave for a little while and taking a short break or two, the group realized that they were lost. The species of Pokémon inhabiting the cave were Pokémon that preferred darkness. Among these species were Zubat, the blue colored bat Pokémon, pre evolution of the much larger Golbat and Crobat. The entire Zubat colony in the cave were sleeping while hanging upside down. Their wings wrapped around their bodies, possibly to kelp keep themselves warm in a cold cave.

Seeing as those Pokémon lacked vision, and relied on sonar to make their way around, they didn't mind the presence of Patrick or his Pokémon. Cyndaquil wasn't a problem either, even among Pokémon with sight. Pokémon with sight included Geodude and Graveler, the living rock Pokémon. Few Geodude were seen rolling around in the dirt and rock to strengthen their bodies. Aside from that, all the other rock Pokémon were fast asleep. The few that were awake though let the trainer pass through, albeit questioning his existence.

He looked around only to see cave, Pokémon, and more cave. However, Cyndaquil saw something out of his trainer's view. Around a larger rock, the fire type saw a petite yellow Pokémon running away once it saw the light. As usual, the young and curious Pokémon ran after it.

"Cyndaquil, get back here!" An annoyed Patrick yelled as and Poliwhirl began the chase. His voice echoed throughout the cave.

Cyndaquil's inquisitiveness was greater in power than the word of his trainer. When the fire mouse Pokémon turned the corner, he saw the smaller, yellow Pokémon cowering behind a rock. A small hole next to it showed it had attempted to use the drill on the end of its tail for an escape, but it had tried to dig into hard rock. It was attempting to hide its head so it didn't have to see what it thought was a predator coming to eat it. Most of this Pokémon's body was light yellow, including its tail and drill. Its had a small, peach colored patch on its back. Two light blue striped ran across it. To the side, it had two small, snow white wings. Its closed eyes were also peach colored, surrounded by the light blue color. Its jaw and underbelly were also light blue. Two small spikes were visible under its chin.

As the Pokémon cowered and shook, it repeated "Sparce... Sparce... Sparce..." in a scared tone of voice.

Patrick approached Cyndaquil and the spineless Pokémon.

"Cyndaquil, don't be running off like that!" He stated with a stern voice which saddened Cyndaquil.

His attention quickly became diverted from his Pokémon to the cowering Pokémon. He held his PokéDex in front of it so he could read its entry aloud.

"Dunsparce, the LandSnake Pokémon. It is very timid, and will burrow or run away if discovered to evade capture. Its wings give it little flight."

He held his hand out to the Dunsparce so he could pet it to re assure it that they weren't predators. However, this act of kindness didn't work. When the Pokémon saw his hand coming towards it, the serpentine Pokémon slithered away as fast as it could in the other direction instead of attempting to dig into the rock once more.

Patrick shrugged off the Pokémon's fear, "Can't win em' all." he said to himself.

Even though the trainer scolded Cyndaquil for running off without him, curiosity was getting to him, too. He put Cyndaquil back on top of his head to continue traversing through the cave.

After walking a not too great distance, Patrick saw something even he questioned. If a mature trainer like him was curious about something, a naïve child like Cyndaquil wasn't too far behind him. He jumped off his trainer's head to go investigate what they saw, but he was caught midair. He still thought he was running, even while in the trainers arms for a couple seconds. He stopped and sighed, knowing he wouldn't be allowed to let his wanting for knowledge to get the better of him. However, Patrick approached what had been getting them in question.

Three small nests made of rocks for infant Pokémon. The shelters were formed perfectly for the beginning days and growth of a baby Pokémon with an area right behind them for a protective mother to watch over them. However, two things were wrong with the situation. Only two of the rock nests had actual Pokémon in them, and the parent wasn't near.

The Pokémon inside the first two nests were no bigger than Patrick's hand. They were both light brown, except for the white claws at the end of their feet. Their heads perfectly rounded, and their skin was smooth to the touch. They also had two small ridges on their backs. The first Pokémon was fast asleep and lightly snoring, but the second Pokémon's small ears twitched as Patrick neared. The infant Pokémon were Cubone. By the looks of it, they were just new to the world. Something made them different from any other Cubone Patrick had seen in Kanto; they lacked the mask and bone their species were known for.

The second Cubone woke from its slumber. When it yawned, Patrick faintly heard its name. It opened its eyes and saw the trainer, but it wasn't in fear at all. In fact, it even waved its arms in the air and begged to be picked up. Patrick didn't waste a second in picking the Pokémon up. He was immediately taken in by its large, amber eyes. The light given off from Cyndaquil's flames gave its orbs a shine, making it appear even cuter. While picking it up, Patrick made sure its nest wasn't destroyed. As described, the infant Pokémon barely fit in his hand.

Meanwhile, not too far away from the Cubone nest...

The Cubone's mother was close enough to the nest to see that they weren't in danger, but failed to see that Patrick was there. The mother Marowak was pacing back and forth. She had berries in her hand for her Cubone littler, but the problem was the lost one. The third Cubone was missing from the nest, and she didn't know where her baby was. She would go look for it, but a search through a dark cave like that could take awhile, and leaving her children alone for a long period of time wasn't an option. She sighed with a heavy heart before heading back to her family.

By the time she got there, she wasn't pleased with the sight she saw. A completely unknown trainer playing with her baby was a predator trying to steal it in her eyes. She came into Poliwhirl's view as she ran for the group at a high speed. The tadpole Pokémon was alarmed by the sight of an angry mother, like any male on the planet would. He attempted to inform his trainer, but he was too busy playing with the Cubone to notice. She jumped into the air and landed in front of the trainer. Poliwhirl panicked as she placed the food down and grabbed the Marowak species signature weapon, a bone club that was as thick as steel. Patrick and Poliwhirl backed away in fear, but he made the mistake of still holding her child.

She spun the bone around before gripping onto it with all her might. She then leapt and landed in front of Patrick. She swung her weapon furiously over and over at the trainer. He was in a struggle. He had to make sure the baby Pokémon wasn't harmed during the onslaught, and he had to dodge her attacks. During its mothers attack, the baby Cubone that was sleeping remained in its peaceful state, while the awake one remained completely oblivious to what was going on. It still held its arm outwards for playtime.

"Damn it! First women have to be mysterious, now they can attack!?" He yelled, "Poliwhirl, handle this while I put the baby back!"

"Poli!" He regretfully sprung into action, knowing what a horrible mistake it was getting between a mother and her baby.

The Mother Marowak held her bone in the air and swung it towards Patrick, but Poliwhirl caught it and gripped onto it in midair. The strength the mother possessed was great. Poliwhirl was barely able to hold her back before letting go. He hopped backwards so he wouldn't get hit by the attack either. He rose his arms to defend himself from another oncoming attack, but he was too slow. The impact of the hit sent him flying into the rock wall. Patrick stupidly decided to watch the short battle instead of putting the baby back. He then rushed towards the Cubone nest. He tried to put the baby Cubone he was holding back into its part of the home, but the Marowak did not see what he was trying to to. She threw her bone club like a boomerang. The attack, Bonemerang, hit the back of his leg. He fell to the ground, but made sure the baby Cubone still wasn't in harms way. As he made another attempt to put the infant back in its safe place, but the mother made a great jump.

She caught her bone while her free hand began glowing white as it curled into a fist. She landed in front of Patrick and swung her fist into his knee. He almost dropped the child Pokémon, but he dealt with the pain. Poliwhirl attempted to run for his trainer, but he was too far away. Cyndaquil jumped in front of Patrick to defend him once Marowak held her club in the air. She swung her bone down, hitting the fire Pokémon right on the head. He dealt with the damage and stood his ground. Patrick was happy to see his Pokémon defending him, but was worried that he was getting damaged like he was. His concern was yet another distraction. She held her bone in the air once more for another attack, but the baby Cubone witnessed what was happening. He jumped out of Patrick's hand, but his landing wasn't the greatest. It hit the ground, but didn't cry. He waddled over to Cyndaquil, but he fell a couple of times along the way. Mother Marowak witnessed what was happening, so she ceased her attack, though she still held her bone in the air.

Cubone stood in front of a surprised Cyndaquil. It held its arms out, begging her to stop the attack. She looked into his amber eyes and calmed down. Once Poliwhirl got to the scene, the mother lowered her weapon. She threw her bone aside and picked her baby with a smile. She set the unmasked Cubone back into its place in the nest. Her other baby had awoken in time to see its mama. It was happy to see her, so it held its arms out. When she picked her baby up, the amber eyed baby jealously held its arms out, forcing her to pick it up too. Both Cubone hugged their mama and looked down at their food. She placed them both down in front of their food. Patrick watched the heartwarming scene of mother Marowak ripping a berry in half for her kids. The Pokémon were small, so it didn't take much to fill their stomachs. The trainer snapped out of his trance to ask the Marowak a question.

"Marowak, sorry for the misconception from earlier, but would you mind if I asked where your third child is?"

The mother sighed and looked down. She looked over to the Cubone who were nibbling on their food. She explained in Poké Language that her baby went missing the other day when it ran off on its own. She didn't see where it went, so she couldn't chase it. She simply pointed in the direction where she thought it went, the darker section of the cave. Cyndaquil didn't seemed to mind at all that he was hit on his head, as he offered to go into that part of the cave for a search. Patrick tried to tell him to stop, but he knew it was the right thing to do, albeit time consuming. He sighed as he and his Pokémon headed into the darker section of the cave.

"Why do I always have this sense of justice?" He grumbled.

The group had walked for a little while. Though they had light, they easily got lost. Especially since he was rushing. The sounds of water slowly swishing back and forth along with any of the movement of wild Pokémon was driving him crazy. He was ready to give up, but Cyndaquil was intrigued by a separate sound it was hearing, a faint cry. He jumped off Patrick's head and began running for the source, chased by Patrick. The trainer was all to tired of this routine by now. However, he was amazed that the young Pokémon's antics actually did the group good for once. They saw the missing unmasked Cubone. It was sitting on the ground, looking down while balling its eyes out. It didn't look up either when Patrick approached it.

"Hey there little guy, you lost?"

He softly said. The last thing a deeply saddened Cubone needed was to be frightened by a tough voice. It turned around when Patrick put his hand near it. Tears ran from its wide blue eyes. It wipes away some of its tears when its eyes set on the trainer. It was happy to see some form of life aside from roaming Pokémon. It cried tears of joy as it ran for him, not caring that it didn't know who this person was. He picked up the infant Cubone, happy that this short session of cave roaming wasn't going to last much longer. He rushed back to the Cubone nesting area.

As soon as they got back, the Marowak mother was overjoyed to see that her baby was unharmed. The infant Cubone didn't wait for Patrick to walk over to the area. It attempted to jump out of his hand, but such a small body landing on the hard ground probably wouldn't end well. He knelt down to let the Pokémon run to its mother. It waddled as fast as it could on its short legs, falling a couple of times on the way over. Patrick laughed at the humor was he walked behind it.

The Pokémon jumped into Marowak's arms once it got close enough. The heartwarming scene of a mother-child reunion was enough to make him and his Pokémon smile. Though he wasted some time, he was glad to help. The mother walked back to the nest with the third baby and placed it in its rock bed. She ripped a berry in half and gave it to the baby Pokémon. Being hungry was a constant combination when being lost and separated from a safe place. It didn't even bother to chew the berry. It begged for another, and its wish was granted. The mother Marowak sat down in front of the baby as it ate the second half of the berry and rubbed her nose against its nose, a common showing of love among Pokémon. It waved its arms up and down in its happiness. The other two waved their arms around, also wanting love from their mother. She showed love to her other baby Cubone, nuzzling with them both.

Patrick smiled at the adorable sight of a mother Marowak with her family, but then he realized how much time he had been using up.

"Excuse me Marowak, I have to go now, later!"

Patrick began to speed walk in the other direction. Before Cyndaquil's flame light was out of sight, Poliwhirl waved goodbye to the wild Pokémon family. The last sight he could see was the mother wrapping her tail around the baby Patrick found while the other two lowered their heads for sleep.

Once the trainer and his Pokémon exited the cave, the only visible light was emitting from the stars and the bright moon. Patrick looked over in the direction where the Beedrill nest was, and it was empty. He was wondering what had happened with the Kakuna that had been knocked off from the tee. He thought it would be a better idea not to go over there and look. Luckily, he knew which direction he was going in, so he wouldn't end up wandering back to the Beedrill nest. All that was between him and Violet City now was a straight path.

'Alright, if we rush, I think we can make it there in ten minutes, without stops..' He thought.

He barely walked twenty feet before Ledyba fell off his back. He worriedly turned around, thinking something was wrong. His thoughts of fear proved to be wrong, however. The bug Pokémon had simply just fallen asleep and couldn't stay gripped onto Patrick anymore. He smiled and returned the five star Pokémon back to his Poké Ball. He looked up at Cyndaquil, whose flames were long gone by now. He was struggling to stay awake. Instead of returning the fire Pokémon to its Poké Ball, he held the tired creature in his arms. The mouse Pokémon rested his head on Patrick's arm as he watched the boring sights this section of the route had to offer.

Soon, though, something intrigued him. He rose his head when he heard a group of Metapod say their names loudly in unison. Patrick looked over, too. He made sure the tired Pokémon didn't run off as usual when something made him curious.

The sight they were witnessing was a Metapod evolution. They evolved in the same mannerism the Kakuna evolved in. Their backs split open, and the Pokémon inside the shells emerged surrounded by a bright light. However, these Pokémon weren't as threatening by appearance. Instead of the menacing three segmented-triple driller features of a Beedrill, the Butterfree's body wasn't separated at all. Its head connected to the red of its dark purple colored body. Each of the Butterfly Pokémon had two thin antennae atop their head. Anyone could easily get lost in their adorable red eyes. Another cute feature was its small mouth, consisting of just a pale blue oval shaped nose and two small teeth. Its upper legs could hardly be called limbs, as they were so close to its body. Its lower legs were larger in size, and were covered in pale blue hairs.

Seeing all the Butterfree fly in a circle with their large, white, and beautiful wings. Little droplets of light fell from their wings into the trees below them. They were smaller than raindrops, but would someday become something great. They were the Butterfree's eggs that the Pokémon lay in the area their metamorphosis took place in before migration. The eggs would become Caterpie larva, who would evolve into Metapod, and into Butterfree once again to start the process over again. Patrick smiled at the thought of how simple a bug Pokémon's life must be. Cyndaquil was simply amazed by the sight, keeping him awake for the moment. Once the flock of Butterfree left, the trainer and his Pokémon left as well.

Years
finally able toread it all. gerat work! couldnt help noticing some stuff tho.

"Gender, Male. Gender differences, male have larger antennae. Level twelve, known moves are Tackle, Supersonic, and Comet Punch."
Levels in the Real Poke World? I may just be forgetful, but i dont rmeber seeing levels in your fanfic before. In the next chapter you shoudl explain more about this level mechanic.

The opponent Pokémon stepped back in fear when it sensed its opponents rising power, but the dread froze him.
Dread? What dread?

The disliking they had for each other quickly became clear as they started growling at each other.
I can see Cyndaquil probably growling, but how do Bugs growl?

Clearly she was being defensive about the situation of a newbie getting too close, despite the fact that she wasn't that old to the team herself.
lol...you used the word newbie in a story...
im loving the character/pokemon development here! =]

However, Patrick took no time to admire the sight given to him and the rest of the world by Arceus.
I see you have gotten into Pokemon religion. Since i have seen you hint (or accidentallly hint XD) this, am i seeing a new part of the plot?

"I believe I'm a walking contradiction, and I ain't got no right." He laughed as he recited the Green Day lyrics.
I see you have been crossing the real world with the Pokemon world. I would like to see that expanded. Are Real World cultures in the Poke World, or is there the Poke Religion like i said above?

"Damn it! First women have to be mysterious, now they can attack!?" He yelled, "Poliwhirl, handle this while I put the baby back!"
lol i liked this line, it made me giggle XD

"Why do I always have this sense of justice?" He grumbled.
tho this line i didnt understand XD

Lash

Years
Levels in the Real Poke World? I may just be forgetful, but i dont rmeber seeing levels in your fanfic before. In the next chapter you shoudl explain more about this level mechanic.

I barely even realized I used the leveling concept XD;
I shall try, though I don't think I'm going to use leveling anymore in the fic to avoid trouble.

Dread? What dread?
I'm hyper when I'm writing, so I sometimes forget to add a word when I thought I did XD;;
phail, I know.

I can see Cyndaquil probably growling, but how do Bugs growl?
I didn't mean like GRR growling, like deeply saying their names towards eachother with anger kinda deal, lol

I see you have gotten into Pokemon religion. Since i have seen you hint (or accidentallly hint XD) this, am i seeing a new part of the plot?
Might get into Poke Religion, idk.

I see you have been crossing the real world with the Pokemon world. I would like to see that expanded. Are Real World cultures in the Poke World, or is there the Poke Religion like i said above?
Yeah, especially music. Like I said, I might get into the concept of religion. Might or might not to be safe.

lol i liked this line, it made me giggle XD
I couldn't resist saying something ever so truthful.

tho this line i didnt understand XD
"Why do I always have to do the right thing to do?" is what he meant by saying that.

Years
I didn't mean like GRR growling, like deeply saying their names towards eachother with anger kinda deal, lol
oh, lol gotcha! =]

Yeah, especially music. Like I said, I might get into the concept of religion. Might or might not to be safe.
well, it is just a fanfic, so i wouldnt worry. as long as if you not getting into saying mean things about other religions, anything else would be very interesting to read!

"Why do I always have to do the right thing to do?" is what he meant by saying that.
lol kay (and itz cuz he is just so nice. and i kinda like that about him, since even tho it would be funny for him trying to control his poke would be funny, it would get really bothering, and i like how he is nice and controlling. and, those can be downfalls really. Since somebody might use his niceness and stuff to take advantage of him! lol just saying...XD)

Lash

Years
-----
Chapter 5

Cyndaquil's squinted eyes were tightly closed like they normally were. However, it was a simple task to tell if the fire Pokémon was awake or not. The flames that normally discharged from the four spots on his back weren't showing. His breathing was slow, but he was barely moving. He wasn't in any danger, however. The Pokémon was in a peaceful slumber in his trainers arms.

Poliwhirl looked up at both Patrick and Cyndaquil. He obviously wasn't snoozing like his young comrade, however. He was almost done in, but wasn't completely drained of energy. He still had enough animation to walk by his trainer's side. The only thoughts on his mind were about rest. He was sure Patrick was also thinking the same thing, about getting off his feet and into a comfortable bed with cloud-soft pillows.

The travel time through Routes 30 and 31 and the Dark Cave detour would normally take most of the light the day had to offer. Yet, they accomplished this in a few short hours. Achieving a day's venture with such a limited time was tiring for the group. The necessary rush would've been unnecessary if Patrick hadn't slept in as late as he did.

Patrick approached a small building that separated the end of the route and the beginning of Violet City. The lights emitting from it were bright enough to illuminate its surroundings. Before entering the building, Patrick read a sign in front of the building aloud.

"Lookout Station." Patrick stopped before continuing, "Be prepared to present proper identification if past dark."

"Well, I got no problem in that department. Let's go in."

Patrick looked down at Poliwhirl before turning his head towards the door, signaling the drowsy Pokémon to follow him inside.

There wasn't a lot inside the building. A patterned tile, a soft rug, and a couple plants were the only features inside the building. Patrick looked down at the zigzagging pattern before paying attention to Cyndaquil. He smiled when he thought how he would be forced to chase Cyndaquil around if the child was awake. Adding a head turning pattern with the curious mind of a child wouldn't be a good combination.

The trainer looked around wondering about the identification presentation process that the sign outside mentioned. He noticed the red uniformed security guard sitting in a chair with his head slumped over. Small bits of drool dripped from his mouth while he snored. In front of him was a small, light blue colored desk. To the right of him was a computer and scanner, which answered Patrick's question of identification. He approached the desk before attempting to wake him up.

"Hey, dude, wake up. I have identification to present." He said, but his soft spoken voice wasn't enough to awaken the security guard.

"Dude are you like dead or something? Wake up!"

Patrick was trying not to speak loud, to make sure Cyndaquil wasn't disturbed. This caused his second attempt to fail. At this point, he was ready to walk through the doors that lead into Violet City, but he looked up to the ceiling beforehand. A camera attached to one of the ceiling - wall corners was aimed to watch the entire interior of the building. Since he didn't want the law on his behind, he thought up of an alternative.

He retrieved his PokéGear from his pocket. Once the screen lit up, he pressed the third yellow button. An entire list of artists he had stored into the device showed up in alphabetical order. He went to the mp3 list of the second artist stored into the PokéGear, Avenged Sevenfold. Six lists of assorted mp3's showed up, for each of the albums released by the band. The third option, 'City of Evil' was the album Patrick chose among the selections. He held the PokéGear near the security guard before playing the first track off the album, 'Beast and the Harlot'.

The right off the bat heavy and loud song began playing. This took the security guard by surprise. The astonishment caused him to fall out of his chair. Patrick didn't pause the song, even when the security guard rose from the hard floor. He tended to his back before turning towards Patrick. The expression on his face showed he was in pain. The emotion passed quickly when he directed his anger towards the disturbance. Patrick paused the PokéGear before the security guard spoke.

"What the hell is your problem, kid!? I was in the middle of a nap!"

Patrick was in disbelief at how lazy the security guard was. First napping on the job, and then complaining about not doing his job in the first place.

"My problem is I need to get this proper identification crap done so I don't have the law on my ass!" Patrick replied after pausing the song.

Poliwhirl ignored all the yelling with a yawn, but Cyndaquil didn't handle it all so well. He managed to sleep through the song, but it was the yelling that woke him up. He was startled like the security guard, but he nearly fell out of Patrick's arms instead of completely falling out. The security guard hesitated any questions he had to give the trainer's Cyndaquil a chance to calm down and fall back asleep. This didn't take long, as child Pokémon had been all tuckered out after the days events.

"Well, you could've just mentioned that." The security guard stated, "Fine then, let me see your trainer identification so you can be on your way.

Patrick rolled his eyes at the security guards first comment before retrieving his PokéDex from his pocket. Once he got the device back after a quick computer scan, the trainer mumbled something before exiting.

"What kind of world is it where rent a cops have to ask for identification?"

Patrick put emphasis onto the demeaning term for security guards when he spoke to make sure the guard heard him. The man clamped his fist while Patrick exited the double doors that lead into the city, albeit knowing his lack of authority meant he couldn't do anything.

Patrick blinked when he opened the door, so his eyes were closed when he entered the city. When he opened them, the city he saw was far different from any other place he had visited. None of the log cabin houses used modernized equipment. No electricity, so the only dependant light sources inside any of the houses he passed by were the roaring fires. Still, they were bright enough for the light to reach outside.

"Are these like the stone ages or something?" Patrick asked himself before another unusual eye catcher caught his attention.

Wooden statues stood in front of each house. The sculptures were carved into the appearance of a Pokémon Patrick knew all too well, Bellsprout, a pre-evolution of Victreebel. Every single detail was correct, from the skinny roots it stood on, to its bell shaped head. The way the leaves at the Pokémon's sides hung differed from statue to statue, but nothing's perfect.

Patrick's spine shook when he crept along and looked side to side. To him, it felt like all the lifeless statues were staring at him, certainly an uncomfortable feeling in the dead of night. Poliwhirl wasn't phased by the feelings of paranoia his trainer was experiencing. He simply tilted his head to the side at his trainer's actions.

"I think we should get to the Pokémon Center as fast as we possibly can, this is getting a little creepy..." Patrick's voice shook a little when he spoke.

It was easy to differentiate the Pokémon Center from any other building in Violet City. Ran by electricity, built by brick. The lights were much brighter than the ablaze fire places. Patrick instantly felt warmer upon entering the building, compared to the slightly chilly winds of night. He approached the front desk while Cyndaquil attempted to roll over, though the trainer obviously wouldn't let the sleeping Pokémon do so.

"Excuse me, may I leave some Pokémon here? My team's all tuckered out."

The person he spoke to behind the desk was none other than Nurse Joy. The pink haired woman politefully nodded when she replied, "Of course." she said before continuing, "You look a little tuckered out yourself. Would you like a room for the night?"

"Yes please! But, I think I'll be able to take Cyndaquil with me. He had a battle today, but it wasn't anything too serious. He's out of it right now." he glanced at Cyndaquil before turning his head to Nurse Joy.

"That would be alright, but it's highly recommended that you leave your Pokémon here if it has done any battling throughout the day." She softly spoke as she glanced at Cyndaquil.

"Plus, I haven't seen you here. If you have Pokémon with you, you must be a trainer here to battle the Violet City Gym. Having all your Pokémon in tip-top shape before a battle is really important if you want to succeed." She continued.

"Really?" Patrick looked down at both Poliwhirl and Cyndaquil before carrying on the conversation, "I guess I don't have any other option. Thanks for looking out for us trainers!" he grinned.

Cyndaquil stayed asleep while his trainer returned him into his spherical second home. Poliwhirl had almost a begging look in his eyes when he laid them upon the Poké Ball. Patrick retrieved the rest of his team before handing off the four Poké Ball's to Nurse Joy. After returning from leaving the trainer's Pokémon in the healing rooms, he asked her a question.

"Excuse me, could I have a key to one of the rooms for the night?"

The pink haired woman looked slightly disappointed, looking like she was about to give bad news.

"Sorry, but we're full for the night; Maybe you can come back tomorrow, or rent a room in a local hotel?"

Patrick was in disbelief that he was beaten to the punch on getting a room. He was as down as an abandoned Cubone. He didn't even say a word when he walked away, wondering what his options were. A local hotel obviously wasn't an option, as the trainer already blew every cent he had earlier within his journey. He certainly could wander the night and city away, but he was already like a Snorlax, despite the fact that he had awaken up hours just before he arrived in Violet City. He needed his rest to for the gym battle, too.

He didn't go back to the Pokémon Center, seeing this failed opportunity at obtaining a room as a chance to explore the city he wouldn't stay in for long. The traditional styled houses at the edges of the town soon transformed into modern day styled buildings, showing that all of the city wasn't obsessed with the old ages and Bellsprout shrines. Still, the modern section was dull.

Patrick yawned at the repeating patterns of buildings, ignoring all the ones that looked unimportant. One building managed to catch his eye, however. A large, circular building with designs that were far different from the rest of the cities buildings. Support beams were visible outside the building, all of them red. The walls in between the beams were snow white. A small door in front lead into the giant building. A sign above it read VIOLET CITY POKéMON GYM. He approached the building, despite the fact that he didn't have any Pokémon on him.

"Maybe if I get to know the gym first, the battle won't seem so hard." He said to himself.

When the trainer was about five feet from the door, an angry, familiar face stampeded out of the building, Kamon. The crimson haired boy slammed right into Patrick. Both trainers fell flat on the ground upon impact. Patrick got up first and rubbed his back before noticing who he had bumped into.

"Kamon! Sorry there dude!" Patrick smiled as he scratched his head in embarrassment.

Kamon looked up in disdain when he saw who ran into him. He ignored Patrick as he clenched his fist and walked away.

'This fool again? I swear, if he follows me...' He thought.

Patrick clenched his fist when he figured out that he'd been ignored. He left his anger at the spot he fell when he chased after Kamon.

"S'up dude! What happened in there? You look like you're really pissed."

Patrick's run turned into a walk when he caught up to his rival, much to Kamon's dismay. He took a breath and stopped walking before replying to his annoyance.

"I challenged the Gym Leader and got whooped, happy?" He snapped.

Patrick felt the blood rush through his veins when Kamon lashed out at him like that.

"Dude, it sucks that you lost your gym battle. Sure, you win and lose some, but you don't have to take it out on me." Patrick sharply spoke.

Kamon's knuckles cracked when Patrick replied to him. It was clear to everyone but Patrick that his rival wanted to raise his fist and fight when he began gritting his teeth, but he calmed down with a deep breath or two.

'Damn it, I can't be losing my cool like that around this idiot...'

"Sorry, that was just my first gym challenge, and I thought I was perfectly trained for it." The angry look was replaced by a faked sad look when he spoke.

Patrick forgot all of his anger when he realized what had fueled Kamon's. He placed his hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Well, the first loss is a hard one, but there's no shame in losing. Just gotta learn from it and win next time!" Patrick cheerily smiled.

'Maybe he's right. Guess he's not a complete idiot.'

Kamon shook off Patrick's hand in disbelief after his last thought that commented his rival. He paid no mind to the black haired boy when he began to walk. Of course, Patrick trailed close behind him with a question.

"Hey, are you going to the Pokémon Center?"

"Yes, I have a room reserved." He answered hastily.

"Ah, sweet dude! Think I could bunk with your for the night? Nurse Joy said none of the rooms were vacant, so I don't got a place to sleep tonight." Enthusiasm was present in his voice when he asked.

Kamon quickly breathed in and stopped walking when he heard what Patrick was asking of him. He clenched his fist and glared at his rival for a moment before replying. The black haired boy was oblivious to the evil eye that was upon him, as a lock of Kamon's crimson hair covered up his gaze. The excited look on the clueless boy's face disappeared with the delayed answer from his adversary.

"You alright, bro?" He asked

"Um..." Kamon's voice was choppy before he proceeded with his answer.

"Yeah, sure, it's okay."

The two boys continued their stroll through the town. In minutes, they were back where Patrick had started before his wander. The warmth of the light and the cool breeze were what welcomed the boys into the building. Kamon retrieved a pair of room keys from his pocket before handing one to Patrick. The door unlocking item put a smile on the boy's face when he held the cold object in his hand. He trailed off into the hallway where the rooms were located while Kamon proceeded to the front desk.

The room had a single bed on one side, and a bunk bed on the other. Patrick immediately called dibs on the bunk bed, despite the fact that his rival wasn't even there. Still, he left nothing to chance. He spread out his belongings on the lower bed before climbing the ladder to the second bed. He pulled the cottony blanket over his body before resting his head on the feathery pillow. He looked like he was ready for a good night's sleep, but he couldn't seem to enter the state of peaceful slumber.

He started at the ceiling with a serious look in his abyssal black eyes.

'Man, it was pretty cool of Kamon to let me in his room for the night, but I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep. Tomorrow is my first Gym match in the Johto Region. I've competed in them before, but I definitely know I can't be taking this lightly... Which Pokémon should I use? Should I bring back someone from my previous team, or trust that the Pokémon I have now can defeat whoever the gym leader is? So many options...'

Images of his current party of Pokémon raced through his mind like a Rapidash going for first place. Poliwhirl's impressive array of water attacks drenching his enemies, unlocking the true potential with Cyndaquil's fire, or unleashing the power of Hoothoot and Ledyba in full force. Each member on his team was a perfect candidate for battle.

'I probably shouldn't be thinking like that... Cyndaquil, Hoothoot, and Ledyba may not be as experienced as my older Pokémon, but I know they'll do me good. Just got to think up of a good strategy...' He smiled.

Kamon did not look pleased that the door to his room had been left wide open. Nor did he have a happy look on his face when he saw 'Patrick's junk', as he would describe it, on the bed he was gong to claim. He grinded his teeth and cracked his knuckles. His presence was unknown to the pondering Patrick, who was still staring at the ceiling. Though he had been through plenty of gym battles beforehand, a fact unknown to Kamon, a Johto gym battle was going to be a whole new ball game, a new frontier to conquer. Seek the battles, destroy the competition.

The crimson haired trainer closed his door before approaching his bed. Prior sinking into the sheets and laying his head on the pillow that would allow him to dream the night away, a flicker of electricity outside the bedroom window demanded his attention. One after another, small bolts and sparks volts kept appearing. This was something he clearly couldn't let go of. His curiosity had swooped in carried him away by the talons.

Patrick was still in his own world of thought, last time Kamon looked.

"That idiot will be gone for awhile..." He finally had the chance to say what he was thinking after the time he had started to spend with his rival, though it was still a whisper under his short breath.

Kamon unlatched the window locks and lifted casement up. He did so quietly so Patrick's attention wouldn't detour from his current train of thought. The trainer was more silent than a mouse on Christmas when sneaking out of the building. Before walking towards the energy that captured his thought, he looked back into the now dimly lit Pokémon Center room.

The atmosphere he entered was different from what Kamon was used to. The static in the hair caused his hair to float and to send a feeling through his entire body, from head to toe. His energy was lifted, and it felt entirely good to him. He couldn't help but to crack a smile with the wonderful feeling he was experiencing, but he quickly snapped back into reality before achieving a full smile.

"What on Earth is creating this?"

He turned his head when a crackle of electricity appeared in the direction he was now looking. It made no attempt to hide itself, it was almost as if whatever was creating what he was currently experiencing wanted him to know its presence. He walked in the direction that caught his mind's eye.

When he got closer, a creature came into view. There wasn't enough light for him to see what it was, even with the electricity. All he could make out was its tail, which was light blue. It's shape was similar to that of a lightning bolt, a zig zag. A star shaped formation ended its tail. The beginning of the appendage was connected to a white ball of fluff. Above it, Kamon could make out the end of a violet, curled cape.

"Whoa.."

Kamon stood in amazement when he lightly spoke, but this bit of noise was audible enough for the creature to hear. Even though the crimson haired boy couldn't see it, the creature quickly turned its head. Before he could even blink, the electrical creature zoomed out of his vision. His hair fell once the creature was gone, and the feeling that surged through his body was no longer existent.

Kamon walked back to the room while staring to the ground. Many questions rushed through his head, so he in the same pondering state Patrick was in. He quickly realized that his rival was still in the room before climbing into the room. He knelt down at the corner so he could get a good view of the bunk bed. He focused and tuned out all thought in his head, even the ones involving the creature he just encountered. He didn't want to explain what had happened to him to his rival.

He knew he was safe once he heard snoring. He wasted no time in climbing over the window sill, closing and locking the window itself, and climbing into bed. He turned over on his side and stared at the wall.

'What was that I just saw? That was unlike anything I've ever experienced.'

He continued his thoughts before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

'Darn it, I can't stop thinking... Well, I'll need to stop. I'll need my rest for the gym battle. I'll never forget what happened, though. I hope I can find out what that things was.'

Kamon shut out all thoughts so he could fall asleep. The peaceful and quiet night slowly rolled by. Each minute of rest the trainer's had was more important than the last. Regular Pokémon battles out in the fields were easy to adapt to, but a gym battle was the true test of a trainer that forces one to think on his feet.

The battles in the upcoming day would be the first of the eight trials of the Pokémon trainer.
-----

Authors comments:
I know it's been a little while, but here you have it, and I hope you enjoy it! I seriously had to work at it, with school in the way and everything.

Once again, ENJOY! :D

Back