• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon with mental illnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
    If Pokémon were real, wouldn't there be a case for mental illness as well?

*Disclaimer this is in way to meant to be offense, I too suffer from a illness called Schizoaffettive; I was just curious.

So which Pokémon do believe ALREADY sufferer from a mental disability?

To start off... I believe Snorlax suffers from Major Depressive Disorder
    who the hell sleeps THAT much?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I think Snorlax suffers more from narcolepsy than depression. XD

Don't forget Psyduck and its severe headaches...don't know if that counts as a mental illness though... :/

Last edited:

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
    I think Snorlax suffers more from leprosy than depression. XD

Don't forget Psyduck and its severe headaches...don't know if that counts as a mental illness though... :/

I'm thinking that means his suffers from GAD, he does get anxious alot and seems to forget EVERYTHING... but I don't know how old they can get so it could just be alzheimer's Dx

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Meowth and Murkrow are definitely kleptomaniacs.

Misdreavus seems to have a touch of trichotillomania.

Xatu is a schizophrenic.

Mewtwo has Asperger's.

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
    Meowth and Murkrow are definitely kleptomaniacs.

Misdreavus seems to have a touch of trichotillomania.

Xatu is a schizophrenic.

Mewtwo has Asperger's.
    hahaha I can see all of those... except why would Xatu be schizophrenic? is all the psychic mubo-jumbo he is mixed up with?

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    hahaha I can see all of those... except why would Xatu be schizophrenic? is all the psychic mubo-jumbo he is mixed up with?

The "standing all day staring into space" aspect. I get the feeling Xatu loses track of time when just spacing out like that. It's so introverted it's lost touch with the physical world, hence schizophrenia.

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
    The "standing all day staring into space" aspect. I get the feeling Xatu loses track of time when just spacing out like that. It's so introverted it's lost touch with the physical world, hence schizophrenia.
    Oh I do see that now! Social isolation, is certainly a key symptom of that disorder; it could be some type of dissociation though :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Uhhh, I'm gonna go ahead and close this. :( Not that there have been any overly offensive replies but this kind of thread just isn't something I'm comfortable keeping open. PC often doesn't play nice with talking about mental disorders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back