• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixelpusher's Dot Contest (Under Construction)

Years
To all hosts, co-hosts and judges:

I need you guys to help me reorder for me, I only know UltimaSilva and I are currently hosting this contest. Yet Ben. mentioned himself as a judge and Scarf.

This Pixel Art event will be based on a theme. So for all of you out there, if you got a theme for us please feel free to give you opinion. We'll take it into consideration. Furthermore, i've drawn up a rough way to handle this contest, so feel free to fix this.

Winners
The winners will be based on ratings;
Creativity: /10
Skill: /10
Theme and Restrictions: /10
Judges will have to explain what they like about the particular pieces and they can add their own comments and criticism.

Awards
You will be awarded an emblem for:
1st Place Emblem
2a4tuc.jpg

You get this by winning 1st place in the contest.
2nd Place Emblem
1zfoaja.jpg

You get this by winning 2nd place in the contest.
3rd Place Emblem
6ehjqg.jpg

You get this by winning 3rd place in the contest.
Participation Emblem
jkdmbm.jpg

You get this by participating in the contest.
Rules
There are a couple of rules I made:

• You are only allowed to enter new pixel art pieces specifically made for this event. No using pixels that you already made.
  • This is open to everyone. Anyone can enter abiding the rules and theme/restrictions of course.
  • Participants must enter their piece before the deadline.
  • The piece must be 100% scratch including palettes and colours.
  • You may post your WIPS(Work in Progress) and you can update/edit your entry ONLY before the deadline.
*NOTE: As for the participation emblem, you will only recieve it if your entry is valid. We will not tolerate entries that are only made to recieve the emblem(assuming the entries are horribly done).

Thread Layout
Spoiler:

Staff
Hosts:
UltimaSilva, Logiedan
Judges:
Ben., Chibi Robo, Logiedan(as backup judge)
Staff Supervisor:
Scarf
Support
What we need are ideas for themes for the contest. So feel free to post your opinion!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Years
I can supervise this, but I don't know if I'll be able to help judge so I'll have to pass on that duty for now.

I think that the scoring on the theme and/or restrictions should be on equal footing with skill and creativity, as in I'd suggest it be worth 10 points too. I feel like it shouldn't be rated as less than the other areas since it's what makes a contest specific and special. If you need a forth area to rate the entries that's going to be tough to think of. Perhaps a 5-point "wow factor" (or a "lol factor" or something along those lines) though that's just an idea from the top of my head.

As for the rules, maybe you should mention something about how many entries a person can have (probably 1 is enough) and how they can or can't go about updating their entries if they want to. Something else that specifies that they can't enter fusions (I'm just assuming they can't - correct me if you mean something different) would be good just to make things clear.

As for themes themselves, something broad enough that gets a lot of attention. Perhaps a "Your Favorite ______" theme, such as Your Favorite TV Show or Your Favorite Holiday since people have favorites in lots of areas and this kind of theme gives everyone to choose their favorite whatever as well as how they want to represent it.

Years
I'm definitely looking for a theme that will draw in alot of people. The kind of theme that can be easily done and finished within the four days of the Get-Together. I'm thinking of something that's involved with Pokémon.

Back