• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All on your own - Scratch LP Battle

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    All on your own.

Summary:
    This battle is basically to test your skills. The challenge is to make a Large Piece from scratch. I am accepting up to 2 challengers. The rest is below.

Rules:

• Must be from scratch, no stocks or renders permitted.
    • All work must be started and finished in the time frame.
    • Freestyle theme
    Size: Must be over 500x500

Time Frame: 4 days, after we decide we're ready to go.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Hells to the yeah! Alright, I'll just give it a day or so then hope for someone else to join, if not, it's just me and you buddy.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Do textures count as using stock images?

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Ah. That's a shame. :/

Well I've never even attempted to make a large piece.
    So I'm thinking this might be good practice if I find time to enter. o3o

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Dang filled up before i got here... I have a question about a competition like this, does our own photography count as scratch stuff? Like if we take photos of like light textures, normal textures and a focal, does that count as scratch?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    You know what, if you want to join in moments, you may. At any rate, yes they do count as stocks. So basically your piece has to be all you, no using outside stocks, tetxures, anything. Only exception is using the standard Photoshop tools, not even extra brushes (other than your standard circle, smudges and such, best make your own), no fonts either, your text must be scratch if you're using any.

Trust me, it's the road to improvement!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Alright well 4 days starting now then I suppose, probably should have noted that beforehand. I'll start drawing up a concept soon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Not great, but from scratch and took several hours |D
    I need to lay of the spheres.

http://i36.tinypic.com/1t9bt3.png
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I'll get the voting thread up today, just seems to be myself and CT then since our other contestants never got around to submitting a piece~

Back