• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokemon Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Pokemon_Odyssey.png

(Credit to Countryemo for the amazing logo!)

Hack of: Pokemon Firered
    Hack Name: Pokemon Odyssey

Story:
    Your life is worse than any ordinary life. Your dad left you and your mom was caught by adventurers who dared to seek out Ubuntu. You have lived with your older sister, Jess, and your smaller brother, Kaz, up until what is called Year 199*. You thought you were just going on a simple adventure, but it got much worse.

You've been given the chance to head out and beat the 8 clans and Poke5, but all is not well. You will run into incredible danger, face tough challenges, all because they think you're small, weak and defensless, trying to catch you, using up-
    Oh right. That tadbit of important information.

You're a Togepi.

Anyways, I don't find that part too important compared to whats written in the manuscripts about you. Please take a look. Just try to avoid #2 and #2.5 to avoid spoilers of what is about to happen to your life.

Year 199: Please see Odyssey Manuscripts 1-3

Odyssey Manuscripts:

These are here to give you an in depth idea of the history behind Odyssey, the region and the game.

Odyssey Manuscript #1, Chaos
    Spoiler:

Odyssey Manuscript #2, Hero Falls
    Spoiler:

Odyssey Manuscript #2.5 Hero Prevails
    Spoiler:

Odyssey Manuscript #3 Death of a Great
    Spoiler:

Odyssey Manuscript #12 Chaotic World
    This is the storythat everyone fed you when you were a child, depicting nothing about your Odyssey. Now, they regret it. So read it, and bask in the childhood flashbacks while i get some more coffee. -Mr. Delibird
    Spoiler:

Ubuntu Manuscripts:
    As you can see, there are more! These are depicting what happens in the future, and later on when this hack is finished, you'll see why.

Ubuntu Manuscript #1 Future
    Spoiler:

Mystery's Journal:
    Hey, whats going on here? We're the same person? Oh well, just read my journal. We both know whats going on, anyways.

Mystery's Journal, page 1

Spoiler:

Features:
    - The Region and Archipelago of Ubuntu
    - WINTER
    - No pokeballs
    - Replaced Pokemarts, and Pokemon Centers.
    - 5 other pokemon will join you
    - Three islands are based on real islands
    - Pokemon hideaways
    - Golden Sun like World Map instead of Routes.
    - 5th gen pokemon
    - off coloured pokemon

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Video:

Characters
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Me:Sprite inserting/Mapping/Music inserting/basic scripter
    Countryemo:Mapper
    IM IN DIRE NEED OF A SCRIPTER.

Support:

HTML:
    [url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=230027][IMG]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u50/kwmcquillan/Odysseysupportbar.png[/IMG][/url]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    This actually looks quite interesting. I love the story, it looks great!
    One thing you need work on the mapping. The screenies all look empty.

But, overall, I really like your hack!
    Good Luck with it! :3

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • The hack looks good. The only thing that i don't like are gen 5 pokemon.
    Those trees are missing their trunks:
    2mq71xz.jpg

And yes,
    2zqcvg6.jpg

Munna's eye is transparent. Change the transparent color.
    Otherwise overall,it seems to be a fine hack. Good luck!
    EDIT:
    off coloured pokemon
    What do you mean? O_o

Kazumoe

... loves PC:)
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Your Hack looks good! But I don't like 4th generation Pokemon,too.
    You inseret the Sprite well!

smellybellysrock

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Your Hack looks good! But I don't like 4th generation Pokemon,too.
    You inseret the Sprite well!
    Thanks!
    This actually looks quite interesting. I love the story, it looks great!
    One thing you need work on the mapping. The screenies all look empty.

But, overall, I really like your hack!
    Good Luck with it! :3
    For some reason, a few maps weren't saved, but my mapping does suck ;_;

The hack looks good. The only thing that i don't like are gen 5 pokemon.
    Those trees are missing their trunks:
    2mq71xz.jpg

And yes,
    2zqcvg6.jpg

Munna's eye is transparent. Change the transparent color.
    Otherwise overall,it seems to be a fine hack. Good luck!
    EDIT:

What do you mean? O_o
    By off coloured pokemon, most pokemon won't have their usual colors.

EDIT: I fixed the eye and trees too, thanks for pointing that out!

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Okay so I skimmed the title and the first few sentences and I really thought, "oh man, here we go again." And then I actually re-read the sentences.

Seriously, this caught my attention just with that one little sentence. I can feel a Mystery Dungeon-esque sort of thing going on but it still seems kind of different and that intrigues me. Your features catch my attention too; but, uh, just to say, Ubuntu is actually a computer-related term that's pretty known. :C

Even though there are a few grammatical errors your screenshots look pretty good. One thing I'm not a fan of though is Munna already being in your hack... we don't even know its stats, or its movesets, or anything about it really. I just kind of don't like that. :(

What's with the red screens on the second-to-last row? Is there some weird weather condition going on? Also I think you can help out your maps by varying the grass tile there. There's actually four different types, if you didn't know, and using a mixture of them makes a map look much better than by just using one tile over and over.

I like how you created unique, individual characters, but I think it would be cool if you had a few others (perhaps bad guys, allies that don't join your party, important other pokemon, etc) so that we wouldn't know for sure who's joining our party or not. That's one of the things that made me like MD; the unexpectedness of whether or not someone was going to join me or not. Anyway, I really like how descriptive you went in with the characters. It makes me think that you've indeed spent some time thinking about this which is always a plus. ;3

Err so that kind of unexpectedly ended the thread really. Anyway, to sum it up: I think this is really a neat and unique idea. However there are a few flaws, but nothing really too hard to fix. Good luck with your hack.

smellybellysrock

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Okay so I skimmed the title and the first few sentences and I really thought, "oh man, here we go again." And then I actually re-read the sentences.

Seriously, this caught my attention just with that one little sentence. I can feel a Mystery Dungeon-esque sort of thing going on but it still seems kind of different and that intrigues me. Your features catch my attention too; but, uh, just to say, Ubuntu is actually a computer-related term that's pretty known. :C

Even though there are a few grammatical errors your screenshots look pretty good. One thing I'm not a fan of though is Munna already being in your hack... we don't even know its stats, or its movesets, or anything about it really. I just kind of don't like that. :(

What's with the red screens on the second-to-last row? Is there some weird weather condition going on? Also I think you can help out your maps by varying the grass tile there. There's actually four different types, if you didn't know, and using a mixture of them makes a map look much better than by just using one tile over and over.

I like how you created unique, individual characters, but I think it would be cool if you had a few others (perhaps bad guys, allies that don't join your party, important other pokemon, etc) so that we wouldn't know for sure who's joining our party or not. That's one of the things that made me like MD; the unexpectedness of whether or not someone was going to join me or not. Anyway, I really like how descriptive you went in with the characters. It makes me think that you've indeed spent some time thinking about this which is always a plus. ;3

Err so that kind of unexpectedly ended the thread really. Anyway, to sum it up: I think this is really a neat and unique idea. However there are a few flaws, but nothing really too hard to fix. Good luck with your hack.
    Thanks for the feedback, and yes, there will be baddies :D

Lets start, shall we?
    - Red screens is the magnificent D/N system in effect.
    - The baddies will exist, and bump into you a bit more often than you like
    - All tiles have been fixed and updated

Bolded: Ubuntu may be the name of a Linux system, yes, but it is also This. (Nerdy :P)

Also, all Munna can learn is Hypnosis and Dream Eater, because its quite obvious it will have those attacks :P

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Right, let me get a few things into my head... OK, you're a Togepi.

Is the party fixed to be only 6 Pokemon (as in, you can only obtain 6 Pokemon throughout) (I am also guessing Togepi is one of them, but I don't know, just a question I have), because if not, we can just... Deposit ourselves, but if so, then it makes it linear.

Anyway, a few grammatical errors in the screenshots (I has a capital I!). But also the maps do look rather bare...

smellybellysrock

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Right, let me get a few things into my head... OK, you're a Togepi.

Is the party fixed to be only 6 Pokemon (as in, you can only obtain 6 Pokemon throughout) (I am also guessing Togepi is one of them, but I don't know, just a question I have), because if not, we can just... Deposit ourselves, but if so, then it makes it linear.

Anyway, a few grammatical errors in the screenshots (I has a capital I!). But also the maps do look rather bare...

Yes. You're a Togepi.
    Yes, its fixed to 6 pokemon.
    I've fixed those.

Nice new sprites and story.

Thanks!

smellybellysrock

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Bump/Update:
    I've been playing my Golden Sun game for a bit, and I got the idea of having one large worldmap the player travels across instead of a few simple routes. I've also started a new fresh ROM, so there's no, "I HERD JOO JUST CAEM BAK FRUM FIORE" In the middle of the intro, which also means that the tiles and maps are redone. Missingno will now be called Missingno instead of !, and has a few decent attacks. An alpha is coming soon, so if you're wanting it, a few more weeks :D

Picky Pictures:
    THideout.png

Video of revised intro & playthrough of Togepi Hideout:
    http://romhacktube.com/video/7A6GXWB4XM74/Pokemon-Odyssey-Intro-amp-Hometown

Last edited:

smellybellysrock

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Update/Bump/Artthing Time!

I have made a major change in the storyline, which you can read in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

So if you actually read that, I hope you are saying, "Wow, in depth storyline much?" but there's a reason. I want to make a large series of pages like those, including the Odyssey Manuscripts and Mystery's journal. Odyssey Manuscripts are simply for if you don't quite understand the history behind Ubuntu, they're there. And a few Journal pages will be added every beta or so, depicting what happens.

In other news...
    BOX AARRRTTTT!
    OdysseyBoxArt.jpg

Now, I'm going to explain that odd red logo under the N. Simply put, its the Pokemon Symbol I made for depicting the End of the World, and I thought it looked really cool!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2010
    Do you know what attacks do the 5th Gen pokémon can learn?

smellybellysrock

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Do you know what attacks do the 5th Gen pokémon can learn?

Well, I don't know about Victini, so I'm just giving it Fury Swipes, Flamethrower, Quick Attack, and just for fun, Surf.

For Mun'na, Hypnosis and Dream Eater.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back