• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Pink Jelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
  • Thanks, everyone, for the support~

Both of us have several little projects going on at once and thus haven't done too much editing of the hack, but I really wanted to just say thanks. Ha. I actually have no idea what we're doing with the waterfalls. I believe we will end up leaving them as is. I guess it does look more awkward as a screenshot than in motion. I don't know.

To make this post not as useless:
    Here's the intro ("Are you a boy or girl?") sprite for the male hero. (He's intentionally taller than the FR hero)
    bigherospritefinished.png

And... here's another random screenshot?
    herneedle.png

We actually had other plans for this old woman, but those plans were deemed inappropriate for a G rating. Unfortunately. XD I'll just leave it at that.
    The hero sprite looks cool, I like the whole older than = taller than thing you did. The title Pink Jelly made me laugh, and starting with Ditto is probably what Game Freak should do, seeing as starting with starters or a legendary is kinda overused... I have a suggestion about the waterfalls, but I'll probably just send you a PM with a screenie of my idea... As for the old lady, I don't know/don't wanna know what the "needle" is... Loving the fakemon, but Hulkpuff looks kinda, off... Anyways, good luck with the hack, and I hope Pink Jelly (lol) gets finished!

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • (Hmm. I would reply by PM as well, but then I got stuff to post as well... XD)

@Darkest Shade Of Light: Thanks for the suggestion, it seemed to spark some inspiration in the co-creator. XD There was a bunch of tweaking and somehow ended up like this:
    601edit2.png

The idea is that the waterfall is cutting through the mountain. What do you (and anyone else who would like to give an opinion) think?

And, here's some other random screenshots. I think we'll hopefully get that next city up and running soonish.
    donttouchmylapras.png
    nutriawhyimstandinghere.png

(That first one is a bit of an update to an older screenshot, I s'pose...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    This looks like an interesting hack. I like the comedy idea while still being a real pokemon game at hear. eagerly awaiting a release.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • It looks like a weird and funny hack. The title is original and giving Ditto a chance to shine is also interesting. The idea of the Professor hating the player could be used to add some humorous moments to the hack. The only thing I wonder is about Jigglyhulk's role but I think it's one of the think's that it's revealed after the patch is released.

In other words: I am waiting to try this hack.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
  • (Hmm. I would reply by PM as well, but then I got stuff to post as well... XD)

@Darkest Shade Of Light: Thanks for the suggestion, it seemed to spark some inspiration in the co-creator. XD There was a bunch of tweaking and somehow ended up like this:
    601edit2.png

The idea is that the waterfall is cutting through the mountain. What do you (and anyone else who would like to give an opinion) think?
    This might work of you were to change the middle layer of rock shown, make it go straight across, and then add a tip with a river on top of that, I may send an example later if I get some time

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
    Years
  • This might work of you were to change the middle layer of rock shown, make it go straight across, and then add a tip with a river on top of that, I may send an example later if I get some time

Alternatively, you could alter the middle layer of rock to bend one tile to the right of where it does, so that the lower layer can come up to the same line. That's the important part with waterfalls - all the wall layers behind them have to be aligned properly.

Since I'm explaining this badly, I'll include an image of what I mean, using your map.

Spoiler:

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
  • Alternatively, you could alter the middle layer of rock to bend one tile to the right of where it does, so that the lower layer can come up to the same line. That's the important part with waterfalls - all the wall layers behind them have to be aligned properly.

Since I'm explaining this badly, I'll include an image of what I mean, using your map.

Spoiler:
    Ya, what his spoiler said...
    And would this work for a Userbar?
    0aa589560349bfead22c74d604bccab7.gif

Last edited:

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • Okay. So here's another edit. XD I like how it's just this one part of this one map.
    601edit3.png

I believe we're going to put an important item, as a tease, on that one square of grass you can't get to. XD

@Tiggerwoodz: Why thank you~ I'm glad people like the intro male sprite.

@Darkest Shade of Light: Thanks so much, it looks great! I love the animated Ditto. It's a bit mesmerizing. (My dreams of having a user bar has come true~) I put it up on the first post; giving you credit, of course.

Again, thanks to everyone for the support. I've personally gotten no spriting done, but now that break's started, maybe I'll get around to that.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • What if my jelly is blue, does mean somethings wrong? :D (What you need sprited, I might be able to help.)

Cutlerine

Years
  • Would you mind if I offered you a second support bar? I wanted to be first, but it appears I was beaten to it by someone with a better one. Ah well, it's here anyway if you want it, featuring a very defiant Ditto.

clipboard01v.gif

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • @sky_queen3: Shouldn't you wish your jelly was blue? Then it'd be shiny. XD Anyway, terrible jokes aside, I really appreciate the offer, but we're hoping to keep it to just our two-man team. We both are kinda terrible at finishing side projects we've started so we're both hoping to finally accomplish something. XD Like, I feel like if I find another spriter, I'd get lazy and lean on them too much.

@Cutlerine: XDD Deviant Ditto is wonderful. We're now thinking of changing the Ditto sprite to look similar to it. Anyway, thanks, it's really great~

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • Yeah, blue's my fav colour and all but does that mean the title has to be hacked? :P

Fair enough, good luck. :)

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • Sorry, sorry. We haven't abandoned the hack or anything, we've just been busy with the holidays and whatnot. And my partner in crime had to deal with upgrading his computer.

Well, for some things to note:
    • Maybe we'll actually start on the first gym soonish? XD
    • New sprites are being worked on (our plan is to pick and choose sprites across all generations and revamp/devamp or even scratch new sprites; It sounds like more work, but different sprites will be refreshing to look at, right?)
    • I've kinda sorta started on the new tiles
    • Look, the heroine!
    bigheroinespritefinishe.png

She was posted in my sprite thread, but I'll repost it for those who haven't seen it.

As for a question, would you guys like to see stats and whatnot of the Fakemon? Should I make a little "Pokedex" of sorts in the first post?

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Okay I'm going to say that at first look I thought this game was going to be really stupid. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but it had a pink background a weird name and started with a so-so joke. Then I decided to keep looking and now I actually want to play it and am waiting for the beta

Cutlerine

Years
  • Sorry, sorry. We haven't abandoned the hack or anything, we've just been busy with the holidays and whatnot. And my partner in crime had to deal with upgrading his computer.

Well, for some things to note:
    • Maybe we'll actually start on the first gym soonish? XD
    • New sprites are being worked on (our plan is to pick and choose sprites across all generations and revamp/devamp or even scratch new sprites; It sounds like more work, but different sprites will be refreshing to look at, right?)
    • I've kinda sorta started on the new tiles
    • Look, the heroine!
    bigheroinespritefinishe.png

She was posted in my sprite thread, but I'll repost it for those who haven't seen it.

As for a question, would you guys like to see stats and whatnot of the Fakemon? Should I make a little "Pokedex" of sorts in the first post?

Ooh, an update. I like updates.

This appears to be going well, from what I see here. I like the sprites; when I see them, I turn towards the somewhat less good sprites of my own hack and thank God that I make up for them with crazed storyline and continuous references.

As for the stats and 'whatnot' (what a lovely turn of phrase), then I think I would like to see at least a couple of them, as a hint of greater things to come. A little Pokédex would be a rather wonderful idea.

Gah. Ramble over; there's work (of sorts) to be done.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    hulkjiggly.png

Hulkapuff ?
    xD
    You should use that name :D

Anyway hack looks good
    mapping could improve
    and tiles i guess?

Years
  • Ooh, I like this hack! It looks promising, and although there's not much to see in terms of Fakemon, plot, or dialogues yet, I have high hopes for your success!

The real reason for my posting, though, is this:
    pinkjellyedit.png

I saw your trainer sprite and thought I'd edit it for practice. I'm not the best spriter, and my human anatomy isn't perfect, so my word is far from absolute but there you go.

To the left is your original, the middle is my edits with the original palette in case the sprite is indexed and you can't change it, and to the right is my edits with palette fixes, because saturation, contrast and hueshifting are your friends and you should never use full gray for anything. Also I wasn't really digging that green.

Hope this helps! Feel free to use it however you like! Oh, here's a tip: when you sprite, do it on a nonwhite background. Helps a ton with the outline!

I'd love to see sprites and stats for the fakemon! If you want any more crit, just ask!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back