The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1501    
Old January 5th, 2011 (3:00 AM).
barry guava's Avatar
barry guava barry guava is offline
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: South Africa/Cape Town
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 23
    cant you prevent squirtle and bulbasaur from evolving ?
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1502    
    Old January 5th, 2011 (6:11 AM).
    metapod23's Avatar
    metapod23 metapod23 is offline
    Hardened Trainer
       
      Join Date: Mar 2009
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Timid
      Posts: 673
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by adhdguitar View Post
      One of the best, yet most challenging hacks I've ever played. Had to use Poison Powder and stall to beat the Gym Leaders. Question, when do I get the hatchet? I didn't have any Pokeballs to catch Bulbasaur with and I can't backtrack without it.
      Why can't you go back to Cerulean from the Hidden Village and get Poke Balls?

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Muckknuckle View Post
      First post...

      Anyway, is it possible to run this off of no$gba, or will I have to download a different emulator to run it? The download is an INP file, whereas no$gba uses .gba files.
      You have to patch it. We're not allowed to post links to roms.
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #1503    
      Old January 5th, 2011 (9:25 PM).
      d_LEGEND_b's Avatar
      d_LEGEND_b d_LEGEND_b is offline
         
        Join Date: Dec 2010
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 16
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by barry guava View Post
        cant you prevent squirtle and bulbasaur from evolving ?
        You can push the B-Button everytime they try to do so.
        Reply With Quote
          #1504    
        Old January 6th, 2011 (6:00 PM).
        adhdguitar's Avatar
        adhdguitar adhdguitar is offline
        Newbie Pokémon Hacker
           
          Join Date: May 2010
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 210
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
          Why can't you go back to Cerulean from the Hidden Village and get Poke Balls?
          Because I was dumb and continued on to Vermillion.
          __________________


          Yellow: Complete
          Crystal:
          Complete
          Sapphire: Not Started
          Cherrim: Not Started
          Reply With Quote
            #1505    
          Old January 7th, 2011 (5:40 AM). Edited January 7th, 2011 by spoccino.
          spoccino spoccino is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 10
            how can i add the new chapter you did?

            i tried tu upload the old one i had but i didn't work.. i also tried to create a new one but it didn't work either... what can i do?
            Reply With Quote
              #1506    
            Old January 8th, 2011 (8:42 PM).
            Bulbasaurus Rex Bulbasaurus Rex is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2010
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 31
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by adhdguitar View Post
              Because I was dumb and continued on to Vermillion.
              Then you can't get it. You get the hatchet on the St. Anne, and you can't backtrack to any areas you visited before you boarded the ship. It's one thing I'm hoping Metapod changes in future versions.
              Reply With Quote
                #1507    
              Old January 8th, 2011 (11:08 PM).
              lal lal is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2011
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 2
                hey great hack, BUT...
                can you make charmiliion listen to you some times, on and off, like listens here not there, but make charizard listen fully because its my favorite pokemon and its a pain in the bottom to have him not litsen when hes the last pokemon in my party.

                can u have brock or misty follow you, either one( yes its possible to have a sprite folow you. why not pichachu? i already have yellow for that).

                expand into a little bit of johto.

                I know this is alot of stuff but if you atleast think about it i thank you.

                PS:you dont need to do any of these things, i understand that it is hard and boring to hack games and i already appreciate you for being born and making this.
                Reply With Quote
                  #1508    
                Old January 9th, 2011 (12:52 AM).
                Andrew McKenzie's Avatar
                Andrew McKenzie Andrew McKenzie is offline
                Meh.
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2007
                  Location: Ireland
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 355
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Wallace 123 View Post
                  hey metapod,how long are you going to take to release the next beta?
                  Be patient dude, he'll release it once it is ready to be released.
                  Besides, asking for release dates is against the forum rules.
                  Just bide your time. A good game takes patience and skill and rushing new betas out
                  for people who ask for them will only result in something bugging in the game.

                  Metapod will release the next beta when he's ready to release it.

                  As for myself, I've been playing Beta 2.5z and I must say, it is absolutely amazing.
                  Brings back a load of memories I've had from watching the animé but in a whole new way!

                  I may have found a potential bug or glitch though:
                  When you are obtaining Bulbasaur, this turns out as planned, even with no space on your team.
                  It just goes straight to the PC when captured.

                  With Charmander, if you have no space, you can run to the center and free a slot to pick him up, that works.

                  As for Squirtle though, I came along, did everything right, tried to pick him up.
                  He wouldn't join my team because it became full again after I retrieved Pikachu.
                  So I thought that if I went and freed a slot on my team and come back and get him, that would work.
                  Unforetunately, when I left the cave and did free a slot on my team, upon my return, Squirtle was gone and nowhere to be found.

                  So I was wondering if maybe you might be able to fix this or perhaps just
                  make it so that they get automatically sent to the box if you have a full team?
                  Or even bring up the box menu like when Pikachu won't fight Misty so you can free the space to obtain him.

                  Anyway, the Beta is amazing and I'm still not at the end of it.
                  What I can say though is that whilst I'm looking forward to your completion of the game,
                  I wish you would never end and keep this going as long as the anime goes. And even if
                  you hit size consstraints, you could release an entirely new game for the next portion of
                  the anime. One where you basically just have Ash arrive in the new region as in the Animé, with just Pikachu.

                  Anywho, good luck Metapod, I look forward to playing this for the coming days and even more so to the next release.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #1509    
                  Old January 9th, 2011 (4:39 AM).
                  Wallace 123 Wallace 123 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 7
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Andrew McKenzie View Post
                    Be patient dude, he'll release it once it is ready to be released.
                    Besides, asking for release dates is against the forum rules.
                    Just bide your time. A good game takes patience and skill and rushing new betas out
                    for people who ask for them will only result in something bugging in the game.

                    Metapod will release the next beta when he's ready to release it.

                    As for myself, I've been playing Beta 2.5z and I must say, it is absolutely amazing.
                    Brings back a load of memories I've had from watching the animé but in a whole new way!

                    I may have found a potential bug or glitch though:
                    When you are obtaining Bulbasaur, this turns out as planned, even with no space on your team.
                    It just goes straight to the PC when captured.

                    With Charmander, if you have no space, you can run to the center and free a slot to pick him up, that works.

                    As for Squirtle though, I came along, did everything right, tried to pick him up.
                    He wouldn't join my team because it became full again after I retrieved Pikachu.
                    So I thought that if I went and freed a slot on my team and come back and get him, that would work.
                    Unforetunately, when I left the cave and did free a slot on my team, upon my return, Squirtle was gone and nowhere to be found.

                    So I was wondering if maybe you might be able to fix this or perhaps just
                    make it so that they get automatically sent to the box if you have a full team?
                    Or even bring up the box menu like when Pikachu won't fight Misty so you can free the space to obtain him.

                    Anyway, the Beta is amazing and I'm still not at the end of it.
                    What I can say though is that whilst I'm looking forward to your completion of the game,
                    I wish you would never end and keep this going as long as the anime goes. And even if
                    you hit size consstraints, you could release an entirely new game for the next portion of
                    the anime. One where you basically just have Ash arrive in the new region as in the Animé, with just Pikachu.

                    Anywho, good luck Metapod, I look forward to playing this for the coming days and even more so to the next release.
                    I think you are right.Sorry i am a little inpatient and i even finished the beta2.5z so i want to play the next beta badly
                    Reply With Quote
                      #1510    
                    Old January 9th, 2011 (4:12 PM).
                    lal lal is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2011
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 2
                      I Found a glitch a bad one when in the hidden village or whatever the name was and you use dig, when not in the hole, you end up in the sevii ilands at bond bridge, when u enter the houses ur stuck there forever. The islands are desserted and deformed. This is in beta 2.5.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #1511    
                      Old January 10th, 2011 (10:05 AM).
                      billios's Avatar
                      billios billios is offline
                      Water Pokémon Master
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2009
                        Location: England
                        Age: 20
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 140
                        It's been a while since I check this hack out. Months, at the very least. I just downloaded Beta 2.5z and I'm going to play it in a minute. Good luck on the hack, Metapod! I can't wait to play!
                        __________________
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ionbru xp View Post
                        I was Ev training on pearl against 'karps when I came across a shiny one,but I sadly didn't have the balls to catch it D;
                        You need real balls to get a Magikarp!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #1512    
                        Old January 10th, 2011 (10:53 AM).
                        PokemonMasterAshKetchum PokemonMasterAshKetchum is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2009
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 6
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by lal View Post
                          I Found a glitch a bad one when in the hidden village or whatever the name was and you use dig, when not in the hole, you end up in the sevii ilands at bond bridge, when u enter the houses ur stuck there forever. The islands are desserted and deformed. This is in beta 2.5.
                          I already said that. -.-'
                          Reply With Quote
                            #1513    
                          Old January 10th, 2011 (2:29 PM).
                          Andrew McKenzie's Avatar
                          Andrew McKenzie Andrew McKenzie is offline
                          Meh.
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2007
                            Location: Ireland
                            Age: 26
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 355
                            So it seems no one is replying in the Guide thread or they forgot about it, I dunno.

                            I have but one problem. Maybe two...

                            I cannot, for the life of me, sort out how to access Koga's gym.
                            I can go in, I read the riddle on the statues but I cannot, however I think about it, figure out the riddle. D=
                            How do I fight Koga.

                            Secondly, when you finally reach the Little Kiddle Pre-School and do the Meowth thing and all, and then when you leave and try to travel west/left onward, it goes into a huge area which is completely blank except for the green grass/ground you travel on and the trees that surround it.

                            I am assuming this is the end of the beta?
                            Reply With Quote
                              #1514    
                            Old January 10th, 2011 (10:00 PM).
                            metapod23's Avatar
                            metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                            Hardened Trainer
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2009
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Timid
                              Posts: 673
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Andrew McKenzie View Post
                              So it seems no one is replying in the Guide thread or they forgot about it, I dunno.

                              I have but one problem. Maybe two...

                              I cannot, for the life of me, sort out how to access Koga's gym.
                              I can go in, I read the riddle on the statues but I cannot, however I think about it, figure out the riddle. D=
                              How do I fight Koga.
                              Face the back of one of the statues and press B.

                              Quote:
                              Secondly, when you finally reach the Little Kiddle Pre-School and do the Meowth thing and all, and then when you leave and try to travel west/left onward, it goes into a huge area which is completely blank except for the green grass/ground you travel on and the trees that surround it.

                              I am assuming this is the end of the beta?
                              Yes, that's the end of the beta.
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #1515    
                              Old January 10th, 2011 (10:53 PM).
                              EmeralDragon23 EmeralDragon23 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2010
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 2
                                Excellent Hack. One of the best ones I've played. I love your attention to detail, even down to Charmeleon not listening to you.

                                Of course, I decided to not evolve my Charmander until much later because I can't have him disobeying me until Charizard Chills lol I need a Fire Type.

                                One of the best, really. You should be proud. It reawakened my passion for Pokemon tbh.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #1516    
                                Old January 11th, 2011 (10:04 AM).
                                Andrew McKenzie's Avatar
                                Andrew McKenzie Andrew McKenzie is offline
                                Meh.
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2007
                                  Location: Ireland
                                  Age: 26
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 355
                                  Excellent, thanks Metapod! How did I not think of something SO simple.

                                  And I look forward to Beta 3's release, mate.
                                  This really is an amazing game, if I do say so myself.

                                  If only you could continue it as long as the actual anime.
                                  At least even through Hoenn, even if it required starting a new hack. XD.
                                  A man can dream after all. But yeah, good luck, I look forward to playing more!
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #1517    
                                  Old January 11th, 2011 (6:31 PM).
                                  metapod23's Avatar
                                  metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                                  Hardened Trainer
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2009
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 673
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by EmeralDragon23 View Post
                                    Excellent Hack. One of the best ones I've played. I love your attention to detail, even down to Charmeleon not listening to you.

                                    Of course, I decided to not evolve my Charmander until much later because I can't have him disobeying me until Charizard Chills lol I need a Fire Type.

                                    One of the best, really. You should be proud. It reawakened my passion for Pokemon tbh.
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Andrew McKenzie View Post
                                    Excellent, thanks Metapod! How did I not think of something SO simple.

                                    And I look forward to Beta 3's release, mate.
                                    This really is an amazing game, if I do say so myself.

                                    If only you could continue it as long as the actual anime.
                                    At least even through Hoenn, even if it required starting a new hack. XD.
                                    A man can dream after all. But yeah, good luck, I look forward to playing more!
                                    Thanks to both of you for the kind words.

                                    No plans to extend the hack into Johto, though, or start a second one to continue the anime, at least not now.
                                    __________________
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #1518    
                                    Old January 11th, 2011 (9:03 PM).
                                    PokemonMasterAshKetchum PokemonMasterAshKetchum is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2009
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 6
                                      @Up well that's kinda sad, but i guess it is alot of work and there's really nothing we can do about it, unless someone does a johto anime hack. :D (There are a few here though.)
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #1519    
                                      Old January 12th, 2011 (1:09 PM).
                                      Andrew McKenzie's Avatar
                                      Andrew McKenzie Andrew McKenzie is offline
                                      Meh.
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2007
                                        Location: Ireland
                                        Age: 26
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 355
                                        I suppose you could always end this hack with "Ash" being told about Johto as he was in the anime and then maybe by then, someone else or yourself could make it.

                                        But who am I to suggest such things to the hack's maker. haha.
                                        Keep up the good work Metapod.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #1520    
                                        Old January 12th, 2011 (6:11 PM).
                                        metapod23's Avatar
                                        metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                                        Hardened Trainer
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2009
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Timid
                                          Posts: 673
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Andrew McKenzie View Post
                                          I suppose you could always end this hack with "Ash" being told about Johto as he was in the anime and then maybe by then, someone else or yourself could make it.

                                          But who am I to suggest such things to the hack's maker. haha.
                                          Keep up the good work Metapod.
                                          The game will end with the episode "The Rivalry Revival." Maybe by the time it's done, Co500 will have started working on Johto Adventures again. He started that at about the same time I started this hack, so they're somewhat linked.
                                          __________________
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #1521    
                                          Old January 13th, 2011 (10:32 AM).
                                          Co500's Avatar
                                          Co500 Co500 is offline
                                          Nostalgia Edition
                                          • Silver Tier
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jun 2008
                                          Location: Far Awayyyyyyy
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 565
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
                                          The game will end with the episode "The Rivalry Revival." Maybe by the time it's done, Co500 will have started working on Johto Adventures again. He started that at about the same time I started this hack, so they're somewhat linked.
                                          Yeah I should be starting JA again, Its nice to know people know what it is
                                          How far are you into your hack now Metapod?
                                          __________________
                                          It can't end now. Not like this.


                                          I hope you’ll remember, there is something good in goodbye.



                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #1522    
                                          Old January 13th, 2011 (7:18 PM). Edited January 16th, 2011 by metapod23.
                                          metapod23's Avatar
                                          metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                                          Hardened Trainer
                                             
                                            Join Date: Mar 2009
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Timid
                                            Posts: 673
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Co500 View Post
                                            Yeah I should be starting JA again, Its nice to know people know what it is
                                            How far are you into your hack now Metapod?
                                            About half way through Beta 3. GL with Johto Adventures - at the end of my hack, I kinda wanted to make an event that would clear all flags/variables and have you to rename the save file so you could bring your party from AshGray into Johto Adventures. I always thought that would be a good way to extend the game into Johto (without having to do it myself, lol).
                                            __________________
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #1523    
                                            Old January 14th, 2011 (10:23 PM).
                                            Drummerjcb Drummerjcb is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jan 2011
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 1
                                              I have two questions regarding this game.

                                              1. I pretty much skipped Koga's gym. I couldn't figure out how to get in, no matter how hard I tried. How do I get in there?

                                              2. I just won the contest against Jessie for Misty, took Bulbasaur to see the Venusaur, and then found the Meowth for the child that had been attacked by a Beedrill. Where do I go next? Is the game finished right here? I can't figure it out.

                                              EDIT: I should have read this first:

                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
                                              Face the back of one of the statues and press B.



                                              Yes, that's the end of the beta.
                                              Can't wait to play the next beta! I love this hack. It's easily up there with Brown and Prism IMO.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #1524    
                                              Old January 14th, 2011 (10:25 PM).
                                              Tony Montana's Avatar
                                              Tony Montana Tony Montana is offline
                                              Say Hello To My Little Friend!
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Dec 2008
                                                Location: My house
                                                Age: 22
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Relaxed
                                                Posts: 601
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Drummerjcb View Post
                                                I have two questions regarding this game.

                                                1. I pretty much skipped Koga's gym. I couldn't figure out how to get in, no matter how hard I tried. How do I get in there?

                                                2. I just won the contest against Jessie for Misty, took Bulbasaur to see the Venusaur, and then found the Meowth for the child that had been attacked by a Beedrill. Where do I go next? Is the game finished right here? I can't figure it out.
                                                1. You gotta talk to one of the statues and press B.

                                                2. That's the end of the beta.
                                                __________________

                                                Kanto(Yellow), Johto(Silver), Hoenn(Ruby), Sinnoh(Platinum): Done
                                                Unova: To Do
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #1525    
                                                Old January 15th, 2011 (11:39 PM).
                                                Josh^ Josh^ is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jan 2011
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 2
                                                  How do I battle Misty? Whenever I go into the gym there's no one there.
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:36 PM.