• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cyndiquil Productions

Pokemonguy1990

Pokemon Shoto Saga Creator
Years
Cyndiquil Productions [NOW RECUITING]

Team+Banner.png

~~Welcome to Cyndaquil Productions~~
NOW RECUCTING!!

INTRODUCTIONS
Hello, I'm Pokemonguy1990, and ever since Gold, Silver, & Crystal I have wanted to
create my own pokemon game. In 2008 I curiously Googled "Pokemon Game Editors"
and was thusly introduced to Advanced Map by Lu-Ho. Since then, I've meddled here
and there, editing every map I could. Finally I decided I would create a full-out game.
In my desire to do so, I found PokeCoummunity. So here I am, 2 months into the
creation of my game, and I've quickly relized that for a greenhorn like myself, this is
not a one-man show. That is why I've chosen to create this hack team, not only to
help make my dream reality, but to learn all I can about Pokemon Hacking.​

GAMES
Fire Red and Leaf Green to start, but once my first project is completed, I'd like to
make one (or more) on Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald (My ultimate goal is a completed
hack on each 3rd gen. game)​

CURRENT PROJECT
hack+title.PNG

Story
(quick version) A few years after the fall of Team Rocket in Both Kanto and Jhoto,
Giovanni has returend to Team Rocket and moved operations to the Shoto Isles.
There he tells his Team to bring back as many ledgandary pokemon as possiable, and
by using them, and rare evolution stones found only in Shoto, he will finally create the
ultimate pokemon.​

Images
Spoiler:

(yes, the clefairy in the first screen is under the fence, I forgot to add the movement permissions.)
Features
-The new Region of Shoto
-New Gym Leaders and Team Rocket Members
-New evolution methods to trade and item trade pokemon
-All 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Gen pokemon avaiable
-New locations such as a Cemetary, Hydro-Electric Plant, and Shopping Mall
-A Starter from each of the first three generations of games
-Styled in the original FR/LG tiles​

Planned Features
-Side Storys for Several Characters
-Two "Battle Hallways" simailar to the Trainer Tower in the Sevi Islands
-Movie-like introductions for Gym Leaders
-All New TM list
-Side Story events to obtain items for Espeon and Umbreon
-"Anime" Items such as Jigglypuff's Marker, & Treeko's Twig to boost stats​

For more information on Pokemon: Shoto Saga, visit the progressive Hacks Thread
(link in spoiler)

MEMBERS
Pokemonguy1990- Leader/Mapper/minimal Script and Sprite Experience
Pokemonatoms - Sprite & OW Editor/Inserter / Scripter
Legoone - OW Editor / Mapper
Starchomp - Scripter​

NEEDED
red- high need / orange - moderate need / green - minimal need
Scripters
Title Screen Editor
Sprite Editor / Inserter
OW Editor / Inserter
Mappers

SIGN-UP FORM

Skills: (Any Hacking skills you have, even if it's not currently listed)
Example of Work: (pictures, videos, documents, etc.)
Past Expereince: (optonial)
Contact Info.: (email, Instant Messenger, etc.)​

MY CONTACT INFO

Email/MSN Chat: [email protected]
AIM: PennsyBoi1990
or PM me here at PC​

Last edited:

Pokemonatoms

something...
Years
Okay, I like it, I can do a fair bit but am not really good at it...
OW Inserting, editing Sprite editing inserting, Scripting and some other
little things you need!
Prrof look at my sig

Pokemonguy1990

Years
Okay, I like it, I can do a fair bit but am not really good at it...
OW Inserting, editing Sprite editing inserting, Scripting and some otherlittle things you need!
Prrof look at my sig

Welcome! Altohugh I'm not planning on fakemon, I could really use help inserting both Trainer sprites and OW's.

I noticed you also have a hack team, how about you help me and i'll help you? I'm pretty good at mapping (i think so anyway) and I'm okay at sprite editing. I'll post some screens on your thread.

Thank you for offering your help, I'll be in contact shortly.

legoone

pepe
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
Skills:OW sprites
Example of Work: attachment
Past Expereince: none
Contact Info.: [email protected] , AIM legoone

Attachments

• df.png
    df.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 16

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
I'm good at graphics. I can also do mapping and a little bit of scripting.
Proof : see signature.
Previous experience : Just made a beta hack of emerald.
OR
See my details.

Last edited:

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Skills:I like to think my maps are decent...
Example of Work: May I get a request? I prefer to do something that would make a good example
Past Expereince: This would be my first work
Contact Info.: [email protected]

I hope you consider me even though I am inexperienced. I'd prefer to do something small like mapping (I consider that a lot smaller than scripting or design) instead of jumping in head first

Pokemonguy1990

Years
Skills:I like to think my maps are decent...
Example of Work: May I get a request? I prefer to do something that would make a good example
Past Expereince: This would be my first work
Contact Info.: [email protected]

I hope you consider me even though I am inexperienced. I'd prefer to do something small like mapping (I consider that a lot smaller than scripting or design) instead of jumping in head first

alright, how about this: Here's an image of route 14, which will be accesable in the up-coming Beta release.
map.PNG

the route leads from a celedon type city in the east to a series of islands in the west, it's generally rainy here, and the west half of the route is ocean. see what you can do with this. if you need more information, feel free to PM me, or email me, which is listed at the bottom of the main post.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
alright, how about this: Here's an image of route 14, which will be accesable in the up-coming Beta release.
View attachment 58527

the route leads from a celedon type city in the east to a series of islands in the west, it's generally rainy here, and the west half of the route is ocean. see what you can do with this. if you need more information, feel free to PM me, or email me, which is listed at the bottom of the main post.

Okay I'll make a simply version, then I'll send it to you and you can give me some better details. You want the rout open in the east, right? Also would you like any houses in there? I'd be happy to do that.

Pokemonguy1990

Years
Okay I'll make a simply version, then I'll send it to you and you can give me some better details. You want the rout open in the east, right? Also would you like any houses in there? I'd be happy to do that.

surprise me. I have a lot of ideas for the game, but they aren't "officially" planned out. so if you can make it look good, go for it, I'm looking to have this game not only be original,but to have unique features of each of the people creating it. also, the route is open on both ends, the east side is ocean. (sorry i didn't specify that.)

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I could see it opened on the west side to ocean, just some people find the weirdest ways to make the entrance and weird way they want so I was just making sure it came from the east to enter, not the north or south

EDIT:
20f2onn.jpg

There is the example, I'm not sure I like it but I'm not great with water.
Any adjustments needed?

Last edited:

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
There should be water on the other side also not mountains. Insert rocks like route 3 Pokemon emerald.

Pokemonguy1990

Years
it's not bad, but it needs a little work. I'm trying to stay away from the "Nintendo style" of maps.

here's the first route of the game, as an example.

Route 1.png

(please excuse the tile error on the bridge)

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Okay, in that case I guess I'll make it a little bigger. I wasn't sure about the amount of trees so I just put in a strip of them, how many would you like in there and would you prefer it to be a rocky area?

Pokemonguy1990

Years
Okay, in that case I guess I'll make it a little bigger. I wasn't sure about the amount of trees so I just put in a strip of them, how many would you like in there and would you prefer it to be a rocky area?

2-3 rows on the edges should do, and try giving the path more variation, turns and dead ends to place items and such.

as for the ocean part, i bit rocky, but not too much, what ever you think looks right. try to picture it as a real place, not a game, give it a natural feel.

if you would like, i could post some of the other maps that are done, to help give you an idea.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
If you have the map that becomes before or after that would help, I've got a new idea to look more like a real beach

Pokemonguy1990

Years
If you have the map that becomes before or after that would help, I've got a new idea to look more like a real beach

Ganesha is currently working on the city to the east end, when it is finished, i will send it to you immediately. the west side is simply a sea route, with a large cluster of islands, which will be home to 2 different events, one on the island it's self, and one in a large cave below it.

if you need a picture of the region as a whole, it's located here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6371937&postcount=1

just scroll down and click the spoiler for "The Shoto Region"

I'll be sending my mappers details on the entire route soon. there is also some explanation on the website listed in my sig.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Everything is now ready. See the picture Raycee and Pokemonguy1990 here it is.

Last edited:

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
About the above city

Hey Rayce the city is ready so you can predict tree density from it right. :) :D

The waterfall is for any special event, the building at top right corner is for police station as you told it is developed city, Pokemonguy1990. If you like that station then keep it or remove it.

Last edited:
Back