• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Universe 3.0

days

Galactic HQ
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Spoiler:

Hey All, I found this neat little slide show animation:

1292565295176.gif

Most of us have had the thought of becoming an Astronaut at least once throughout our lives, though probably retracted once realizing the difficulty level of actually getting there :shocked:

Who else wants to take a dip in the sea of stars? (HD version is in the other thread)

ig2240102.jpg

Scientists have even been juggling the idea of Multiverses for quite a while now!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100112165249.htm

A nifty poster of Planet size comparisons:

Spoiler:

You like video presentations? I like video presentations. Lets take a tour through Reality!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Aurpr68uE

Here's a fun fact!

The sun is about 400 times as wide as the moon, but it is also 400 times further away. The two therefore look the same size in the sky
Aren't coincidences awesome?

- Do you own a telescope/microscope?
- Do you plan on achieving space flight/deep dive?
- Do you take notice of the intrusion of celestial objects in our sky?
- Do you feel big or small knowing you're part of something so grand that it is inconceivable?
- Do you think a being like Arceus is out there? :cool:

I concentrated on the Macrocosm, don't forget about the Micro Kingdom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cLWKDhBYxo

Reality is stranger than fiction!

And remember...

ting.jpg

Team Rocket's blasting off again!:D

Last edited:

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
The sheer size of some of these planets, or stars or whatever they may be is absolutely insane. The animation really blew my mind though. Looking at this, it's hard to believe that we can't find another life form, or at least one as developed as the human race.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, I've seen a show about this... it's pretty incredible. Even more incredible to think that there could be trillions of galaxies, with trillions of stars, all with a chance to hold an earth-like planet, with billions/trillions of people each.

I'd love to know what some of those people are thinking. (Then again, they're probably really no different from us. lol)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Ahhh... The mind, it boggles. The sheer scope and scale of all this celestial matter is almost incomprehensible and it all works on the basic rules of gravity and heat and radiation and momentum... Where those microbes actively fight and exploit such laws of their own will.

Crazy ol' reality, huh?

Back