• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alvissmal

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    ITT: lol posted this in the wrong place. I've already reported it to be moved. ktnx

Alvissmal

"Let me keep my words short, and my breaths shorter. For, if time is more valued than the Draught of Wisdom, then—by the gods' foul trickery—air is tenfold time. Let me be clearer thus: I have been wronged—deceived by the very creators who wrought me—Ah! Such cruelty is the contumation of the great! How willfully they defy their own moralities—and how foolishly, compliantly, we continue to bow our heads!

"I call myself Alviss the Sapient, foremost of my breed, and pride of the mortal races. For, that is who I have let myself become; I alone have taken to heart the lorebooks of the gods. I alone know of the first spark, shaped in flame and defined by the bitter hollows of winter's breath. I have witnessed the birth of the vilest creature in creation—perhaps only surpassed by the vileness of the gods.

"I have met the first man and the first woman—and, of the mortals, I alone know their names. I have ventured far beyond any others, even making refuge in the deepest recesses of Hel—and I can tell you the shape of every mountain, straight down to the last pebble.

"And most of all, I know of the the gods. I know He who walks the gallows and Ever-Shining and the Lady who speaks in golden tongues. I know Sea-Breath and Long-Hunt and the Keeper of the Ageless Fruit. I know the god that moves faster than the wind, and the god that thinks faster thus.

"I know their lineages through the beginning of time itself—and their fates at its end. But, above all, I know of their treachery. There is no justice in the realm of the gods, no courage, no righteousness—and least of all, humanity.

"One can brave a thousand storms, spit a thousand virtues into the inextinguishable pyre of moral vicissitude. But nothing can appease—can appeal—maliciousness—the gods. So, here I stand; I watch as my bride—the Earth—is stolen from me. I watch as all I have touched, whether gold or stone, turns to dust. And I watch my very craftsmanship become my own undoing.

"The gods have chosen their path—their lamentable path; my fate is sealed in condemnation. The light—the pitch-white Godlight—beckons; my last words draw near. Alas, I have but one parting lesson: make no effort to subdue the inevitable—not with words, not with thought, nor creativity. There is no merit in merit," said Alviss the Sapient, foremost of his breed, and pride of the mortal races.

His last words flickered there momentarily, at the sunrise. Like the splendor of the gods themselves, the sun arose from the depths, like a spirit from the swamps. Its rays shone down on the mortal, like beams wrought from Purgatory, its infernal glow draining the last of his living soul. Alviss was no more.

※​

Last edited:
    Back