• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me out with my Pokemon Black Team

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
    I just started on Pokemon Black, it's been rotting in my cabinet for like 5 months. XD Anyways, I need help deciding on my team against overwhelming pokemon choices. Can someone help me out? This is what I have planned out so far:

I'm thinking maybe a Gigalith and a Conkeldurr? Idk, I make horrible pokemon choices. D:

Note that I won't be caring about IVs and Natures and stuff since this is just in-game. Thanks!

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    One of my favorites is Hydreigon. It's Dark/Dragon, and even though you catch it's first form real late in-game (victory road, I believe), it's still awesome.

I don't know how you feel about using legendaries, but I do like Virizion. It's Grass/Fighting and my favorite out of the new Legendary Pokemon trio. You can get it pretty early (at least for a legendary).

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
    Years
    Honestly, I'd get rid of Stoutland as it Normal's generally, at least with my experience, and maybe replace it with something like Reuniclus, as it has a reputation of being AMAZING.

But for filling up your last 2 spots on there, I'd suggest maybe Excadrill/something Grass-type and Druddigon/Hydreigon.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
    Hmm, thanks for your input.

Deino and Hydreigon seem to be caught rather late in the game from what I can see, I may just go with Stoutland instead, but meh. D:

So do you think that this would be good?

Or should I change around a bit? I'm really feeling against victory road/dragonspiral tower pokes because I feel I would only be able to use them in the post-game.

I really don't know anything though, so if they're amazing I could use them XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    imo you're going to need something that can utilise fighting attacks, because in Unova, Plasma has TONS of things that are weak to fighting. Scraggy was amazing to use in-game for that reason, really. And there's also the fact that two of your Pokemon are weak to dark, and they're in the elite four. Since you have nothing really to counter that then there might be some issues for you.

Zebstrika also apparently has a bad reputation in-game, or its previous evo at least. For example, since its base stats indicate its attack is higher than spA, you'd be training it until 47 to get Wild Charge, which is like the only useful thing, really, since most of its other STAB attacks that are physical aren't that high in power, so unless you wanna use it as a status based Pokemon, like, teaching it wild charge as backup, and thunderwave + toxic and something else, then you're not really going to get far from that moveset.

Whereas if you replaced it with Scraggy, it covers your weaknesses for the elite four, aka dark+fighting which is really helpful in Unova. As for Stoutland, yeah I've used better (than Herdier at least, but hey up to you), and its non-STAB moveset as far as TMs and learnset goes isn't really that good, or high in power (physical that is) so you wouldn't really be hitting anything with super effective attacks often. And the only real use otherwise is Surf, which you could otherwise give to Samurott for your HM usage and since it's special, it'd fit fine.

What attacks were you thinking of using on your others?

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
    imo you're going to need something that can utilise fighting attacks, because in Unova, Plasma has TONS of things that are weak to fighting. Scraggy was amazing to use in-game for that reason, really. And there's also the fact that two of your Pokemon are weak to dark, and they're in the elite four. Since you have nothing really to counter that then there might be some issues for you.

Zebstrika also apparently has a bad reputation in-game, or its previous evo at least. For example, since its base stats indicate its attack is higher than spA, you'd be training it until 47 to get Wild Charge, which is like the only useful thing, really, since most of its other STAB attacks that are physical aren't that high in power, so unless you wanna use it as a status based Pokemon, like, teaching it wild charge as backup, and thunderwave + toxic and something else, then you're not really going to get far from that moveset.

Whereas if you replaced it with Scraggy, it covers your weaknesses for the elite four, aka dark+fighting which is really helpful in Unova. As for Stoutland, yeah I've used better (than Herdier at least, but hey up to you), and its non-STAB moveset as far as TMs and learnset goes isn't really that good, or high in power (physical that is) so you wouldn't really be hitting anything with super effective attacks often. And the only real use otherwise is Surf, which you could otherwise give to Samurott for your HM usage and since it's special, it'd fit fine.

What attacks were you thinking of using on your others?
    I just replace attacks with better ones when I level up and occasionally I teach TMs, so I don't plan out movesets cause I suck like that XD

If I replace Stoutland with Scraggy, what do you think I just replace Zebstrika with? D: I was kind of hoping for like a mixed sweeper with Zebstrika, but if it sucks that bad I'll replace it. At this rate I should just restart my save file. XD

Anyways, Emolga probably sucks worse than Zebstrika, so I might just go with getting one of those dragon types that you get right before the elite 4, idk D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Then You Have Axew

You Can Get Axew Right After You Get Surf

It's In Mistralton Cave Just East Of Chargstone Cave

However If You Want An Axew Make Sure He Has The Abillity Mold Breaker Cuz It's Good

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
    Axew sounds like a wonderful idea. (:

So now, I'll list out movesets. Just as an fyi, I suck at movesets and am known to make stupid mistakes like teaching Alakazam Psycho Cut instead of Psychic. XD So please help me out!

Should I do a Special Samurott?
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot
    -Toxic/Rain Dance
    Do you think I should do this moveset or a physical Samurott like this?
    -Waterfall/Aqua Tail
    -Return
    -Swords Dance
    -Dig/Aerial Ace

-Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Energy Ball/Flash Cannon
    Idk here, there are so many good special moves it can learn through TMs, and I really don't know what I'm doing <.< Turning it into a four-attack machine might be too much XD

-Shadow Ball
    -Inferno/Overheat/Fire Ball/Flamethrower/OTHER FIRE MOVES!!!111
    -Psychic
    -Energy Ball/Other Fire Move
    No idea here, once again D: Just putting down special moves? D: I don't know how many fire moves to give either, since it can learn like 50.

-Earthquake
    -Swords Dance
    -Return/Brick Break
    -Aerial Ace/Rock Slide
    God I suck at movesets.

-Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Shadow Claw
    -Rock Tomb/Brick Break
    Same as above

-Crunch
    -Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break
    -Dragon Claw/Stone Edge
    -Return

As I said, I suck at movesets, recommend other moves please. XD

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
    Years
    That seems like an OK Team so far, however, Reuniclus should know Psychic as it doesn't have any STAB moves as I can see, and for Haxorus, I'd suggest getting it to learn Outrage as it is one of the most powerful moves it can learn with it's high attack, and make sure it learns Dragon Dance instead of Swords Dance as Dragon Dance not only increases Attack but Speed.

And I'm sorry to the people that did use Scraggy, but I never use Fighting-types as theres so much I can do to counter them, a good Psychic from something Ghost-type always did them in, and then there's the weakness to Flying, which has some very universal pokemon that can learn some of those moves. I'd go against Scraggy for those reasons, but that's only me. I'm not trying to troll, I'm only giving you a piece of info I learned while playing.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    My changes and comments are in BOLD:

Should I do a Special Samurott?
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot
    -Toxic/Rain Dance
    Do you think I should do this moveset or a physical Samurott like this?
    -Waterfall/Aqua Tail
    -Return
    -Swords Dance
    -Dig/Aerial Ace

Both sets aren't bad, or you could go with a mixed set such as the following:
    -Surf
    -Aqua Jet
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot

Surf for STAB and Aqua Jet as a Water-type Quick Attack to finish things off if Surf or Ice Beam doesn't KO. Grass Knot is there for more coverage.

-Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Recover
    -Energy Ball

Only thing here is Recover over Focus Blast. Some sort of instant recovery is nice, and use Energy Ball over Flash Cannon, since Steel isn't that good of an attacking type.

-Shadow Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Psychic
    -Energy Ball
    Go with Flamethrower over anything else. It's much more accurate. Energy Ball is good in the final slot.

-Earthquake
    -Swords Dance
    -Aerial Ace/X-Scissor
    -Rock Slide

Go with Rock Slide as Rock + Ground is one of those combos that gives a lot of type coverage. And either Aerial Ace or X-Scissor in the final slot.

-Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Shadow Claw
    -Earthquake

Go with DD over SD, as Haxorus could use the Speed boost. Earthquake in the final slot. Earthquake is just awesome. You can't beat 100 Base Power and 100% Accuracy.

-Crunch
    -Brick Break
    -Dragon Claw
    -Stone Edge

That's what I'd do for Scraftry. I haven't used it before, so it might not be the best.

Hope I helped.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
    Thank you guys so much! I now have a completely planned out team (:
    Now to find someone who will trade a Solosis from White with me...

Back