• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Personality Examination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Congratulations on the run :)
    To be honest I never used Dragonite either, but it always seemed so badass!

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • Trainer Class:
    Insect Researcher - Your job is to collect and gather information about different kinds of bugs and insects. You use technology to aid you, but you remember to have fun along the way.

Pokemon Team:
    Parasect - Orangie-ish, Bizzare insect, Bug. This Pokemon is your live experiment.
    Magnezone - Science, smart and unattractive, Brains. This Pokemon aids you in your testing and experiments.
    Sableye - Ghost, Slender, Halloween. This Pokemon is fun to be around, and takes your mind off of troublesome researching.

Special Mission:
    As an Insect Researcher, you are required to collect at least 15 Bug Pokemon, 10 of which have to reach their final evolutionary stage.
    Magnezone is the smart guy of your team and as such, should be sent first into Important Battles to better analyze the situation.
    Parasect moveset must have 2 TMs, as part of experiments and at least one Bug move.
    Sableye makes you happy by cheering you up, so you'd try to avoid having him KO'ed (Not a must, but interesting).
    To further build your character, you have to use at least 1 Ground Pokemon.
    You have another slot open for any other Pokemon you would like to use in your quest.

It's my first time making an examination, so yeah.. XD Feel free to decline it :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record, I switched to Volt White.

Anyway, I apologise in advance for forgetting to take a screenie of my PC box to show my entire bug collection, as well as not taking screens of the rivals, but here's first update anyway.

*Had trouble getting the ROM to work and everything, but it eventually worked.
    *Named myself Tente.
    *Chose Tepig as starter (if I chose Snivy I fight fire types at the gym, and paras isn't prepared to fight against that, and Oshawott would've been the smarter choice (I would fight against Dent) but I used Miju recently and I was bored of it) Besides, I've never used Tepig before. Named it Topeca. Cookies to whoever gets the obscure reference.
    *After tutorial, checked my PC. *Gasp*, a Paras! *How* could it have gotten there? I have no idea...(Paras was lv 5, and had Bug Bite. Bug Bite is one of Paras's egg moves, so there's no difference between breeding one and trading it and hacking Bug Bite) I also gave it Pokerus, but then I felt guilty and threw away two potions. Named it Coyle (actually, it was already nicknamed Coyle)
    *Beat up N. Battle went as follows:
    -Topeca 1HKOed Nincada
    -Coyle was sent out for Mankey. Effect Spore put Mankey to sleep and Coyle won.
    -Coyle 1HKOed Purrloin.
    *I boxed Topeca.
    *Because of my bug-collecting special mission, I went on to route 2 and caught a Kricketot, a Weedle, a Caterpie, and two Wurmple (luckily I didn't have to catch any more Wurmple). Some grinding later, I was left with a Beedrill, a Silcoon, a Cascoon, and a Metapod. Boxed all the bugs, except for Coyle of course.
    *This game is a lot harder than I thought, lost a lot of money to a Lass.
    *Beat Bianca. Battle went like this.
    -Starly fell asleep because of Effect Spore. Coyle won.
    -Snivy fell asleep because of Effect Spore. Coyle won.
    No kidding! Effect Spore is really useful!
    *Got to Striaton City, or whatever it's called. Tried to beat Cheren. Failed miserably because Coyle is overleveled and won't listen to me.

Pokerus.jpg

Yes Nurse Joy wannabe, don't rub it in my face.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Bug Collection:
    Spoiler:

Total: 5/15
    Fully Evolved: 1/10
    Will post picture of box next time.

I apologize for crappy JPGs.

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • This looks fun I'll give it a try

A) USERNAME: TheFuturePokemon
    B) WHICH GAME: FireRed
    C) GENDER: Male

Spoiler:

Trainer Class:
    Fashion Stylist and Designer - You create the fashion that pokemons wear all over the world. Of course your own pokemons wear your newest creations to show it off.

Pokemon Team:
    Jynx - Ice type; have a variety of colors; is human like enough to live in cities.
    Ninetales - Fire type; Attractive; Dog like (I know it's more like a fox but just pretend); Asia (the legends of nine-tailed foxes comes from Asia).
    Eevee - Dog; City; And as a designer you can't hate a color so you raise it to remind yourself of this.

Special Mission:
    As a Stylist and Designer you have to change your style every now and then by having another pokemon that is on level with the rest of your pokemons. This other pokemon can only be on your team for 2 gyms before you change it.
    Your Eevee can't evolve and you have to keep you entire team at least within 3 levels of each other so you don't leave them in the shadow of business.
    You try your best to keep harm away from your team as it could destroy your creations, so if any pokemon is hit by a fire attack you have to switch to another pokemon and repair their clothes for at least 2 turns. (You can repair more than one pair of clothes at a time).

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    A.) Username: Eivana

B.) Which Game: HeartGold

C.) Gender: Female

Spoiler:

Personal Trainer
    You enjoy training other people, mainly to take out your aggression on some people, but it's okay as they don't know that. Yet.

Team:
    Tyranitar
    tyranitar_sprite.png

Dark-typing, big, mean, a sure hard-hitter, brawn, what's not to love?

Magmortar
    magmortar.png

Fire-type, an evil duck, monstrous special attack, explains itself.

Kabutops (if you can't get one into your game, use Feraligatr instead...)
    kabutops.png

Aquarius, slender, always reminds me of evil, speedy and hits pretty hard.

Special Missions
    When you're in a gym, you're persistent and stubborn, and especially mean. So you can't leave a gym once you enter. Ever. You also have to beat all the gym trainers to assert your dominance.

Tyranitar is your powerhouse, and as such always wants to be first into important battles. Meanwhile, Kabutops wants to be last, the cheeky shellfish.

Years
  • It it alright if I evolve Chimchar then change Monferno's moveset so it has Mach Punch? I caught it on level 14 so it can't learn it now and Nacrene's gym will be difficult without it...

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Update 5:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Tommorrow's going to include the Rock Tunnel and Surge, probably. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    Username: Silver Armaldo
    Game: ruby

withdrawn my challenge request.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Sign me up! Erm, but I'm fine waiting for the people who've been waiting longer to get their teams.

Username: Tachikaze316
    Game: Platinum (can trade/hack)

Spoiler:

Traveling Teacher - Your Pokemon are your students, and your job is to make them better and help them build their character.

Team Members -
    Slaking - Lazy, Earth tones, Good
    Tangrowth- Pasta, Blue, Brains
    Probopass - Feminine, Steel, doesn't seem very confident

Mission -
    As a teacher, you have to grade each Classmate's (Pokemon's) performance after each update, on a scale of 1-10, with an explantaion.

About your pokemon:
    Slaking is a lazy student, so it is always the last Pokemon to fight in tests (major battles).

Probopass is your shy student, so it cannot fight female Pokemon in major battles until it learns one of these moves : Attract, Captivate or Rest.

Tangrowth is a smart student, so it has one status move (like poison powder) and one TM\HM.

Also, you have to capture a Pokemon which has the essence of an assistant, to help you grade the student Pokemon.

You have another free slot for any Pokemon you'd like.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Thanks! I haven't used a Slaking in ages and I've never used Tangrowth (I might've used Tangela back in the 90's, I dunno). I'll get started on this soon. I am intrigued as to how you linked Probopass with its giant moustache and 'feminine' though.

The missions seem fun too. Is Tangrowth only allowed to know one status move and one TM or can it have more?

Also, looking at the challenge rules, are my options for the first (rock type) gym really "solo with Slakoth" or "make the teaching assistant something available really early on"?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Thanks! I haven't used a Slaking in ages and I've never used Tangrowth (I might've used Tangela back in the 90's, I dunno). I'll get started on this soon. I am intrigued as to how you linked Probopass with its giant moustache and 'feminine' though.

The missions seem fun too. Is Tangrowth only allowed to know one status move and one TM or can it have more?

Also, looking at the challenge rules, are my options for the first (rock type) gym really "solo with Slakoth" or "make the teaching assistant something available really early on"?

About Probopass, despite the stache, it seems to have an aura of kindness, bit hard to explain, but let's say it looks like this Pokemon will gladly go shopping with you for a few good hours.
    About Tangrowth, it CAN learn other moves, but its moveset has to contain a status move and a TM\HM.

About the first gym, how about hacking in a Tangela as a starter? :)
    I'm looking forward to your updates!

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    I'm not sure if that'd be allowed though. The rules say I can trade/import 'a' level 5 pokemon into the game at the beginning. Although everything on my team meets the requirements for that, so...I'm gonna hack for Tangela (because if I read bulbapedia properly, there's a random chance of it appearing at the Great Marsh) and Slakoth (because I can't get it before the E4 otherwise). I apologise if this is against that rule, it's kinda oddly worded and trying to grind a slakoth to at least level 20 for the first gym would probably be enough to make me drop the challenge before I start it.

I'm gonna start now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Update 6 -
    Spoiler:

Team -
    Spoiler:

So this update didn't include Surge.. We'll get to him eventually.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • Trainer Class:
    Insect Researcher - Your job is to collect and gather information about different kinds of bugs and insects. You use technology to aid you, but you remember to have fun along the way.

Pokemon Team:
    Parasect - Orangie-ish, Bizzare insect, Bug. This Pokemon is your live experiment.
    Magnezone - Science, smart and unattractive, Brains. This Pokemon aids you in your testing and experiments.
    Sableye - Ghost, Slender, Halloween. This Pokemon is fun to be around, and takes your mind off of troublesome researching.

Special Mission:
    As an Insect Researcher, you are required to collect at least 15 Bug Pokemon, 10 of which have to reach their final evolutionary stage.
    Magnezone is the smart guy of your team and as such, should be sent first into Important Battles to better analyze the situation.
    Parasect moveset must have 2 TMs, as part of experiments and at least one Bug move.
    Sableye makes you happy by cheering you up, so you'd try to avoid having him KO'ed (Not a must, but interesting).
    To further build your character, you have to use at least 1 Ground Pokemon.
    You have another slot open for any other Pokemon you would like to use in your quest.

It's my first time making an examination, so yeah.. XD Feel free to decline it :)

Update 2!

And here's a preview!

Evolving.jpg

Anyway, in-depth:

*Tried Cheren again, didn't stand a chance. Starly 1HKOed Coyle before he could even do anything. And you thought that little thing was cute.
    *At this point I realized with Coyle's horrible speed (I could even participate in the Painfully Slow challenge with it) I wasn't going anywhere. Grinding Coyle wouldn't help, because it won't listen and grinding it would be torture.
    *So, ran in the grass for a while until I encountered a Misty-B-Gone. In other words, Weedle. And it was hairless, too, Gamefreak.
    *Named it Quilxphin. Ground about four levels and evolved it into a Beedrill.
    *Best choice ever. Quilxphin totally sweeped Cheren.
    *Stupid Dent made me get another pokemon. So, I went to the Dream Yard and got a Pansage.
    *After the nightmare that was Cheren (before Quilxphin), the gym was nothing. Quilxphin once again killed everything. Now the health inspectors are going to shut that poor restaurant down because there are chopped up corpses everywhere.

BeatCheren1.jpg
    Badge1.jpg

My Team:
    Coyle2General.jpg
    Coyle2Moves.jpg

Coyle:
    -Bug Bite
    -(Don't have it yet, but future status move will be Spore)

Quilxphin1General.jpg
    Quilxphin1Moves.jpg

Quilxphin:
    -Cross Poison
    -(Not decided)

And the Bug Box:
    BugBox1.jpg

(Yes, I hacked Sableye and Magnemite in advance, but it's a hassle to hack them in so I thought I'd do it once. It's not like I'm going to use them now anyway.)

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Ugh, forgot how much I dislike Sinnoh. Restarting on Moemon Eternal. Same team, same mission.

Years
  • -Defeated Norman
    -Got Surf
    -Got good rod
    -Caught a Carvahna
    -Trained alot
    -lost to Winona

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Team

Spr_3r_259.png

Marshtomp/Garna♀ lvl 37
    -Tackle
    -Mudshot
    -Mud-slap
    -Muddy Water

Spr_3r_312.png

Minun/Meye♀ lvl 40 Class Pet
    -Quick Attack
    -Spark
    -Thunder Wave
    -Baton Pass

Spr_3r_345.png

Lileep/Lenin♂ lvl 38
    -Astonish
    -Confuse Ray
    -Acid
    -Ingrain

Spr_3r_319.png

Sharpedo/Jaws♀ lvl 32 @Exp Share
    -Bite
    -Screech
    -Focus Energy
    -Crunch

Marill/HM Dude
    -Rock Smash
    -Surf

Progress
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cac

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2011
    Username: Cac
    Game: Firered Omega

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Update 7 -
    Spoiler:

Team-
    Spoiler:

Another short update..
    TachiKaze316, do you give up Probopass and Tangrowth?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    A) USERNAME: Punnagg
    B) WHICH GAME: Leaf Green
    C) GENDER: Male

Spoiler:

Traveling Therapist
    You are an adept at the study of the mind, pokemon and people alike. You are pretty well collected, traveling to help other travelers as they stress out.

Team:
    Espeon
    EspeonNormalSprite.gif

It is a feline, smart, slender, psychic, and pretty soothing to look at.

Ampharos
    181.png

Another pokemon that looks a bit... cat-like. It is also slender, and I always imagine Crystal having one. It's also a pokemon that's on the good side. Usually.

Venomoth
    pokemon_venomothSprite.gif

A bug and poison, it's also a smart insect. It's also smart and unattractive.

I realize that most of your team is from Johto, so if you can't hack them in, let me know so I can re-do your team.

Special Missions
    As a therapist, it is your goal to make sure your patient (the rival) is soothed every time you encounter him. And so, he must relieve his anger out on something. And that would be you. In every rival battle, he must defeat at least two of your pokemon. This also includes the final battle.

Venomoth should know Sleep Powder, hoping to induce sleep on angry patients.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back