• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christmas Eve

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
  • This is a poem I wrote today, for the occasion of Christmas Eve (which is today ^^), and its just talking about what its like during this time with or without presents and whatnot, enjoy!

Christmas Eve

As the malls fill with last minute shopping,
    all thats heard is crying, laughter, and shouting,
    having the last toy in stock, must bring a feeling of triumph.
    But they're are many children who have nothing and are crying,
    crying, that there is nothing to wake up to when the day arrives,
    crying, because they are the people the public tries to hide.

Even the adults get a little crazy during this time,
    spending more money then they can afford,
    just to see a smile on the faces of the ones they adore.

But around the corner they're are no smiles here,
    just sad faces during this time of the year.
    Sad, that there is nothing they have to be glad,
    sad, because there is no tree, mistletoe, or gift to unwrap.

As the bell chimes, and whistles blow,
    the spirit of Christmas, is alive in most homes.
    Walking down the street, all that surrounds you are snow, bright lights and decorations,
    with familes excieted that its almost time for celebrations.

When I reach my home, there are no lights, decorations, or any sort of wrapped toy,
    just my family being with me, is my present of joy.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Thanks EFL and ge3, I thought that it was the perfect time to get some inspiration out of the holidays, and so I wrote a poem about the perfect time to do so.

Ya that seems to be a problem when it comes to submitting poetry on the internet, its a definate hazard and risk for it being stolen.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Thanks Omega II, next to celebrating the birth of Jesus, thats what Christmas is really about, the idea of it just got thrown away when every year stores try to use it to make more money, and make it seem like to have a good Christmas you need expensive presents...

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    That poem was very good, LT. ^____^ I think it kind of started off slow in the first two stanzas, but then as you got towards the middle and end of your poem, things started to pick up a lot better. ^_____^ I think it's a very sweet poem, keep up the great work! =D

~Kelsey

Back