• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Essentials Chat system

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
  • This is just so I can get help. I want to make a chats system for the people playing the game I am making. I need it so people can connect on to the internet (Off the game itself) and actually get transfered to a alternate area where people can connect and chat. I know it might be hard but can someone help me with this I think its a great idea. I also want to add a battle feature with it and maybe a Trade feature. And makes it so it disables the Pokegear function. I hope to make this in a separate folder so I don't get stuff mixed up. I don't even know if its possible but I really think people would like this function. So will someone help me? (If I don't reply send me a message. I am not on often.) Thank you.
    Edit: The new idea's I came up with is a Phone where you can call people and video chat with them as long as they have a web cam or microphone they should also include a map feature and a roaming pokemon feature to shows where a roaming pokemon is, this will include, Mesprit, Cresselia, Latias and Latios. This feature might take some work but they will need to be given a personal number and so they may add contacts for the person they are about to call/Video chat with. This takes some serious time I know Not worried about it going slowly. I am rethinking about changing the features on another script and changing it to the full features on web cam. This feature will include the chat as a text message feature. Also wanted in this is a MP3 where the player may upload their own music and play it during the game.
    Nothing else should be changed. I hope to get someone to do this stuff.
    P.S. If I put this in the wrong spot sorry I don't know where much is.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is just so I can get help. I want to make a chats system for the people playing the game I am making. I need it so people can connect on to the internet (Off the game itself) and actually get transfered to a alternate area where people can connect and chat. I know it might be hard but can someone help me with this I think its a great idea. I also want to add a battle feature with it and maybe a Trade feature. And makes it so it disables the Pokegear function. I hope to make this in a separate folder so I don't get stuff mixed up. I don't even know if its possible but I really think people would like this function. So will someone help me? (If I don't reply send me a message. I am not on often.) Thank you.
    P.S. If I put this in the wrong spot sorry I don't know where much is.

Something I was working on a while ago:

Code:
    =begin
    This script is used for connecting online for a semi online feel to the game : D
    =end
    URL="http://localhost/pconnect.php"
    ## These functions get the chat and displays it
    def hsGetChat
      post={
      "action"=>"chat_get"
      }
      ret=pbPostData(URL,post)
      ary=ret.split("/../")
      return "" if ret == ""
      # See the post is assembled already in the php script so we only return it : D
      return ary
    end

def hsDisplayChat
      chat=hsGetChat
      if chat==""
        Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("No chats avaible!"))
        return nil
      end
      viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height)
      viewport.z=99999
      sprites={}
      commands=CommandList.new
      for i in 0..chat.length-1
        commands.add(i,chat[i])
      end
      sprites["cmdwindow"]=Window_CommandPokemonEx.new(commands.list)
      cmdwindow=sprites["cmdwindow"]
      cmdwindow.viewport=viewport
      cmdwindow.resizeToFit(cmdwindow.commands)
      cmdwindow.height=Graphics.height if cmdwindow.height>Graphics.height
      cmdwindow.x=0
      cmdwindow.y=0
      cmdwindow.visible=true
      pbFadeInAndShow(sprites)
      ret=-1
          loop do
        loop do
          cmdwindow.update
          Graphics.update
          Input.update
          if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
            ret=-1
            break
            return ret
          end
          if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
            ret=cmdwindow.index
            break
          end
        end
        break if ret==-1
        cmd=commands.getCommand(ret)
        if cmd >= 0
          break
        end
      end
      return ret
    end

I never got round to making the php file for this because I don't think it's worth it.

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
    Years
  • Thanks :D I will give credit. Maybe you can help me make a new device. I call it the Pokevice (Same as the old on just better) I want to add like a video chat feature a call feature mp3 feature, roaming legendary locator. and much more. Message me if you can help. :D Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks :D I will give credit. Maybe you can help me make a new device. I call it the Pokevice (Same as the old on just better) I want to add like a video chat feature a call feature mp3 feature, roaming legendary locator. and much more. Message me if you can help. :D Thanks.

this won't completely work because of no php file...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back