• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Procrastination (n) - the act of doing the best thing in the world!

Ice Car

Banned
Years
  • I procrastinate everything. Chores, homework (especially homework), and even simple stuff like taking a bath. Yup, I know, I have issues. I'm a good procrastinator though. I get **** done even if I do procrastinate it. Homework, I "plan out". By that I mean I have a designated time that I will do it and I make sure to give myself enough time to do it. If I'm given work over the weekend, I usually just relax until Sunday, which is when I'll do my homework.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • My teacher gave us a research project back in my 3rd year of high school, and she made us continue that research up until now (I'm in my 4th year now ) and I haven't made any progress... I have group mates though, and they're procrastinating too...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm a chronic procrastinator. :( I constantly put things off--anything, even fun things sometimes--because I'm too lazy to do them or they seem too hard.

I've gotten a LOT better in the last year about taking charge and getting things out of the way as soon as possible but I'm starting to slip a little bit. :( I've been procrastinating the last question on one of my assignments all day and I'm really hoping when I wake up in the morning the deadline adrenaline will kick in because otherwise I'm not sure I'll have it done by Wednesday haha.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Ms. Procrastination is Q1 of the four Quadrants of ... whatsis of the book called 7 Habits of teenagers or what...

In my high school years I procrastinate a lot. Ever since I stepped into college I developed the habit of planning ahead. Helps a lot.

Years
  • Well, let's just use this example: when I was in school, there were times when I'd procrastinate to the point of..."Oh hey this paper is due today I suppose I should start writing it huh." Oh yeah.

Yes...if I can procrastinate on something, I will. Unless it's something that I'm super excited about and/or is so important it can't wait at all, then I tend to put it off until the very last minute I feel I can get away with it.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Whenever I procrastinate, it's literally horrible. Sometimes I can go days and weeks without doing something and leaving it until the last minute. x_x;

I've been better at it recently. Though exactly how much better, I don't really know. What I do know is that it really frustrates me to leave things at the last minute, and I do try to get things done as soon as possible, so I guess that's a step? XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It's weird. At work, I'm super organised and efficient and have been told by multiple people that I'm really quick at turning work around in a timely fashion. In fact, people have said I have a tendency to do things too quickly and slightly rush as a result, but that's neither here nor there. At home, however, I'm the laziest person I know. If something can be put off until tomorrow (or next week, or nex month...) then you'll be damn sure that I'll do just that.

I guess it's because the stuff at work kinda matters, in the grand scheme of things. I'm not the most important person by any stretch of the imagination, but I have deadlines and if they're not reached, then people will be pissed off and other such things. At home, my responsibilities extend to "make sure the shower is clean". And yeah, it's important to have a clean shower, but so long as it doesn't become septic or anything, that can wait a day or two.

So, yeah. I'm bipolar when it comes to procrasination, I guess.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • I get into the habit of "doing it later" and never get back to it. Terrible habit..I'd be a much better person if I stuck to my goals and nurtured all those planted seeds of success.. :(

Back