• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Glitching?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    Map glitching?

Door events, specifically. On random door events, when I enter into the building, I get the following error:
    Code:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Game_Character_1:198:in `screen_z'
    Sprite_Character:148:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:430:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:179:in `update'
    Sprite_Character:37:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'
    PerspectiveTilemap:424:in `shadow_initialize'
    Shadow:152:in `initialize'
    Spriteset_Map:162:in `new'
    Spriteset_Map:162:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
    Spriteset_Map:161:in `each'

I don't know why it's happening; these events are practically identical to all the other door events, save graphic and target.

So far, this happens for two buildings, one of which previously worked until I randomly got the glitch for no specific reason.

Somebody halllp.

EDIT: It's not the event; it's actually the map it transfers to. One is a Pokémon center, which is actually just a Pokécenter copy/pasta'd from a previous city. The copy Pokécenter doesn't work. The second is a Trainer dojo, where you can battle trainers and get items. It worked, and then suddenly didn't.

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • It is possible you're using a global variable that's not alright to use.

One thing I've done in the past is tried using Global Variables 7 and 8. After I did that, I could never properly reenter the map until I made a new save and used different variables. It seems it's caused by the particle engine or something somehow, I'm not really sure how.

Either way, try a new save first.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    I don't see how there could be a bad variable.

I already made a new save and now both of my already made PokéCenters are bad.

Back