• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokérus & Other Illnesses?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    I think if they were to change anything, it would be that pokerus sticks onto your pokemon longer than usual. I say this because it's one thing for Game Freak to make it easier to get shiny pokemon, which are in know way better than other pokemon, but it's another thing for them to make it a lot easier for you to get an EV booster on your pokemon. Plus, I like that it's so rare I almost never think of it when playing, and then if/when I catch it, it's an amazing surprise. So I doubt they will change the encounter rate, and don't want them to.

Ooh, but new viruses? What I'd love is a virus that would lower all of a pokemon's stats by 1 stat lowerer, (I don't really know how to say what I'm trying to say so for attack like the opposite of howl? (and then that for the other stats) D and HP would be halved. This virus could be cured by something common like a full heal, but if you had your pokemon tough it out, and if you gained a lot of levels while having it, it could after you lose the virus... maybe for each level gained it could multiply each stat by 1.2 or something. (or more? I'm not sure). But then of course the virus would wear off after a couple days on it's own. It'd be like a, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" kind of a thing.

Okay sorry for the paragraph! XD But if this was a thing it'd be awesome in my opinion. (And it'd make for an awesome challenge!)

yeah, i was thinking more or less the same.

i'd say either make it high risk, high profit or simply make it a bad disease in order to promote variety beyond the regular team of 5/6 constant/irreplaceable members.

something like a desease that lasts around 24 hours or something reducing your pokemon stats while it lasts.

i don't think there are any bonuses that would work except for exp. though. EVs are already covered by pokerus and anything else would be game-breaking, like IVs and stats, in my opinion.

Last edited:

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
    Years
  • Hm, how would an IV pokerus work? Ensure that the IVs are at 31 (their maximum)?

no, not that pokemon itself but its offspring. say, i breed a pikachu with 2 sp atk ivs but also has sp atk pokerus, if the baby pichu was going to inherit the sp atk ivs, it would instead give it 31. complicated, i know but it still seems like a nice thing to add to the game. it'll also get friends together swapping more kinds of pokerus which would also make kids try to get their friends into the game to raise their chances. now its starting to sound more plausible that gamefreak would do it after making this system. i gotta start making my own games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    a virus that makes certain species evolve?

Could work! But it'd have to be something created from a virus, which would make sense given these games are likely to relate to DNA and if it affects your DNA then it might make sense. Alsooo, maybe a virus could help choose the gender of the mons idek.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Hey, that evolution idea could be cool~ Though I wonder how the pokemon would obtain the particular virus in order for it to evolve. It'd be strange if a virus was suddenly a item.. :x Maaaybe it can catch it at a specific event, or, have a higher chance than the pokerus on catching it in the wild. Hm.

Back