• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Architecture

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • While there is a thread that talks about castles being added, I sort of want to go beyond that and talk about the buildings in general.

Take a look at the buildings from these two screenshots:

Pokemon+X+and+Y.jpg

pokemon-x-and-y-screenshots-646x325.jpg

I don't know about you, but, structurally, they've seem awfully different than the buildings we've seen from the past pokemon games. But, that's what I think. The point of this thread is simply this:

What sorts of architecture on buildings do you hope to see, or do you think we'll see in this new region? In other words, how do you think buildings like homes or otherwise will be built? How do you think they will appeal to tourism? Do you have any other thoughts?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Hopefully the European setting allows for the entire region to have buildings mostly with Neoclassical Architecture of the late 19th century and early 20th, with a lot of modern glassworks like the Louvre appearing everywhere. The Pokemon center appears to be both, with a quite neoclassical design coupled with a glass roof.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • To piggyback onto what Elendil has stated, the architecture in general already looks like it's heavily influenced from European culture. The houses/apartments in the second screenshot are very reminiscent of how buildings are laid out in Europe, and it's also quite similar to how New Orlean's French Quarter looks (which is obviously very heavily based off of French architecture). I honestly love the looks of how things are in the screenshots. The more European influence the better.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • A mix between classic European architecture and modern architecture would make for a pretty diverse and cultural region. I like how they've already allowed the European style to influence the architecture of the games. The cobblestone road, for example, is a very nice touch. It sets the aesthetic feeling of the region apart from the other regions we've had.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Also just noticed there is some sort of wall around the city. Its not Lacunosa style, but more medieval. Maybe they're giving us more stuff like Dragonspiral, but within the cities? I would love if they do, cause it would strike the European similarities to a tee, with the new buildings and what not having some older stuff being built around.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I REALLY miss the old Japanese style that was done so well in SS/HG. Hoenn and Sinnoh were good too, but I hated the modern look of Unova, and this doesn't appeal to me either. I don't want to see busy overpasses with trucks and cars speeding by, nor the tall skyscrapers. Is doesn't look as bad, but it definitely isn't the best.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • France does have appealing archetecture. I'd be really nice if they can add buildings in X&Y like these:

44658187_60a67bf096.jpg

I'd say give them a chance! Maybe you'll like the structures as more and more cities are revealed!

Back