• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Consistent naming for Pokemon sections

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
seriously the names of the sections/forums don't need to be ~*~*~super exciting~*~*~ and it really doesn't matter at all if you personally think they're boring/bland/stale (stale doesn't even make sense in this context but someone said that calling them first/second/third/fourth/fifth/sixth gen disc is stale so).

what matters more is functionality - a section name is meant to tell you straight up what the second is about, not to sound ~cool~ or ~trendy~;

what matters is consistency; what matters is using a logical method instead of things being placed all over the place (seriously who cares if there are six or seven sections under the heading of "generation discussion" or whatever you want to call it; that's where things actually make sense to belong. it doesn't look bad to have a long list of sections under generation discussion, it looks perfectly normal because, oh hey, there are multiple generations!);

what matters is minimising confusion (personally i haven't heard of the term metal/colour gen before lol, it might just be me but whatever. that and the fact that it doesn't make much sense regarding the layout being all over the place, like why is challenges in the middle of the list of main series generations? that doesn't make much sense at all).

that is all. nobody will listen to this anyway because "lol who's charlie brown, he doesn't have a coloured name, he doesn't know what he's talking about~~~~" but whatever.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
For the record, I usually have trouble finding BC and TC in the main forum list because I never expect them to be in a section with the main series games; I understand the logic that they're there because you use them with the main series game, but my head always tells me that they'd be in the same section as Challenges and such.

I imagine if the series keeps growing and we have 10+ generations, we'd combine old sections. I mean Generations 1 and 2 are combined. I wouldn't base how we arrange the forums now on how it might look in 5 years, we can deal with that in 5 years.

Back