• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Some help with my Blastoise (+Water Spout)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Recently I've been using this current moveset for my (4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd) Blastoise:
    Water Spout
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Waterfall

Item: Choice Specs
    Note: The two HMs are entirely for the overworld gameplay.

Blastoise can outspeed about half of his opponents I find, so the idea of Water Spout being in the moveset as a lead still sounds appealing to me. However, the Choice Specs isn't giving me the boost I was quite looking for. Choice Specs + Spout + Maxed Sp.Atk = OHKO most battles, but being locked into Water Spout sets me at a disadvantage due to the constant switching out, when the opponent outspeeds me or I'm against that evil Vaporeon that has Water Absorb.

So... any tips?
    I'm open to anything really. I just like the idea of Water Spout.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    :( Try Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Electric > Watefall? But that does mean you have to breed another. Otherwise the best choice is probably using a Life Orb.

Nevertheless, for future competitive-related questions (since Choice Specs/EVs fits more in competitive questions even if it's in-game as those who play in-game are less likely to know of that), use Competitive Team Questions. n_n
    Some help with my Blastoise (+Water Spout)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back