• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The F Word

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
To be fair you directed your statement to people that "refuse to identify as feminists but identify as "egalitarians" or whatever the hell" and he states that he feels that way. So you were directly addressing him in your last point.

Fair enough. Terribly sorry about that then twocows. I shouldn't be debating on an empty stomach and having finished two exams :P

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Whatever you say
It's more what you said.
It advocates for women because women are the group who has to faces more challenges and because the problems are interlinked together as I said earlier.
If the goal is really equality, then I think it's better to use the term that means "equality" rather than the term with fifteen different definitions that suggests something entirely opposite equality. And we should not exclusively advocate for "whoever faces more challenges," it's not as though we're limited in what we can advocate. Push for equality for both sexes at the same time.
Which is why we should try and identify as feminist to clear up misconceptions with the movement rather than making a new movement which has the same end goal.
It's not a matter of misconception, it's a matter of different groups using the same word to different ends. And feminists concentrate more on the female side.
That was actually a broad statement meant for many people and not one based on yourself because there are people who actually do think that way. Although I suppose you attacking me on a supposed attack is pretty funny, isn't it?
If it was not directed at me, do not direct it at me.
Fair enough. Terribly sorry about that then twocows. I shouldn't be debating on an empty stomach and having finished two exams
12.%20tongue.gif
It's fine.

Back