• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Puzzle Thread] The Pokétrivia League!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

ZdvYCfw.png
    [alink id=information]Information[/alink id] - [alink id=rules]Rules[/alink id] - [alink id=puzzle1]Puzzle 1[/alink id] - [alink id=spuzzle2]Puzzle 2[/alink id]

[a id]information[/a id]

The current puzzle(s) are...

Every week there are going to be new puzzles of all sorts. This area will explain what each puzzle are, as well as the theme that each puzzle will be. Here you will also see the time span in which you are given to complete all puzzles. Remember that the theme correlates with the badge you'll be receiving upon completely the puzzle correctly! Each puzzle does have its separate rules which can be read down in the rules section.

Time Period: Saturday, August 24th - Saturday, August 31st 11:59 pm EST

PUZZLE 1: MAZE
    Type: Ground
    It seems this Sandshrew it having a hard time try to see it's tail! Starting from the tip of it's head you are to go down the Sandshrew's back through the maze and out at his tail. Then he'll know where it is! Basically... just solve the maze and then send the answer to BinaryPeaches.

PUZZLE 2: POKEMATH
    Type: Psychic
    The Psychic Pokemon, as smart as they are, decided to give you all a quiz! You are to answer ten math problems, from easy to hard. They are in the form of word problems, in which you must find your answers through facts about Psychic Pokemon. After converting the word problems to equations and finding the answer you are then to send your answer to, of course, none other than BinaryPeaches. ♥

[a id]rules[/a id]

Rules

There will be a few sets of rules. First will be the general puzzle rules, then the rules that correspond to each puzzle that you are to complete. Regardless of this, there aren't very many rules you need to follow (basically, it's common sense).

GENERAL

• Everything must be correct in order to receive your badge
    • You may only send in your answers once (with exceptions) so please make sure everything is correct before sending in your answers
    • Answers are to be PMed to BinaryPeaches. Otherwise it will not be counted*
    • If there are multiple puzzles please put all answers to all puzzles in one PM. It will make things easier to go through. However, if you only wish to answer one puzzle feel free to do that as well.
    • Please title your PM in a way that I will know it is for the league. Something as simple as PokeTrivia League Answers will suffice
    • Please don't give your answers to anyone else. We're doing the trust thing here ok
    • Results will be posted here in this thread at the end of the time period
    • Please allow up to a day after the time period ends for the results, and another day before the next puzzles come in. I need to have time to look at all answers as well as come up with new things ok

*because seriously I have mentioned this about five times now if someone gets it wrong then they clearly did not read anything

PUZZLE 1 - MAZE

• Solve the puzzle by using a program where you can draw on it, such as paint.
    • Then send the solved picture to BinaryPeaches
    • It's a maze. There's nothing else really to say.

PUZZLE 2 - POKEMATH

• You must send in both the equation and the answer. If you send in just the answers then you will not be receiving the badge.
    • You are to solve all the problems. None of them are too difficult, but if you have any trouble then do not hesitate to ask me with any questions you might have.
    • Since I know a lot of people dislike math while you must do the above two rules keep in mind that if one or two answers are wrong I will not put it against you as long as I see effort. I may allow people to redo a question or not but don't count on it.
    • Some equations have decimals so go ahead and around to the nearest whole number when you have received your answer.
    • I believe that is all. If I come up with anymore I will see to putting them here. ♥
    [a id]puzzle1[/a id]

Puzzle 1 - Maze

Type: Ground

Spoiler:
    [a id]puzzle2[/a id]

Puzzle 2 - Pokemath

Type: Psychic
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Solution - Maze

6ORGHvq.png

Those who completely the maze:
    AlexyOzzyCake
    Razor Leaf
    TaichiWind
    darkpokeball
    kosuke
    quentan
    [supporter]Luigi-San[/supporter]
    [supporter]Scarf[/supporter]
    jsziede
    [supporter]synerjee[/supporter]
    MIAU
    chuckleslucifer

Answers - Pokemath

1. Take Lunatone's Hypnosis in BW2 (9) away from the average Defence of all Psychic-type Pokémon (72) = 63 (Abra)
    2. The number of Unown derivatives (28) + Mr. Mime (122) = Mewtwo (150)
    3. Gardevoir (282) + Mew (151) = Chingling (433)
    4. Uxie's Special Defence (130) - Espeon's Morning Sun in BW2 (33) = Hypno (97)
    5. (Future Sight's power (100) - TM Psychic (29)) + average base Attack of all fully-evolved Psychic-types (80) = Mew (151)
    6. The level Natu evolves (25) x Woobat's Imprison (19) = Gallade (475)
    7. Spoink (325) / Bronzor's BW2 Hypnosis (5) = Alakazam (65)
    8. The number of Psychic-type Pokémon (67) x (Starmie's Speed EVs yield (2) + Mew's HP EV yield (3)) + Deoxys' Psychic in Hoenn (25) = Wynaut (360)
    9. When Drowzee Evolves Into Hypno (26) x Munna's Psybeam (11) - (Cresselia's Stat Total (600) / Victini's Speed (100)) = Ralts (280)
    10. **BONUS** (Darmanintan (555) / Meditite evolves (37)) squared + (Elgyem's Growl (4) x (types Psychic is super effective against (3) + Confusion's power (50))) = Bronzong (437)
    I'm fairly certain that everyone got all the answers right other than number 10. Since the last one really varied on how you read it the answers itself varied and in general could have really all been correct. Thus, everyone who even attempted this challenge receive a badge. ♥

Those who successfully attempted:
    AlexyOzzyCake
    TaichiWind
    kosuke
    quentan
    [supporter]Luigi-San[/supporter]
    [supporter]Scarf[/supporter]
    jsziede
    [supporter]synerjee[/supporter]
    MIAU
    chuckleslucifer

new puzzles will be up momentarily. ♥