• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's the point of Zygarde?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • What should we call the Kalos trio? I'm calling it the XYZ or Axis trio for now.

Zygarde was by Xerneas and Yvetal in the latest official art work that recently came out...so I'm pretty sure they're connected...like GF could make it any more obvious...

Years
  • The only question to ask really is: are they going to try and top the sequel/ kyurem fusion combo they hit us with that was so off guard? I mean we can speculate and pretty much say
    It will
    1 get new form via item
    2 mega evolve ( the only reason I mention this is BC how significant it was in the game. I actually don't want this for a legendary but oh well )
    But these are obvious go to's
    However if they try to repeat or top bw2 shocking unveiling then there really is no telling...

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    I honestly got bored of the concept of third legendary in every generation it's because you feel the first duo games are not complete unlike the 3d/sequels, it's 99.9999% that there will be another kalos game, I mean I don't see why wont they will make.

I f you look at zygarde's body there's also a W, maybe the sequels Pokemon W and Z.

Last edited:

Years
  • The only question to ask really is: are they going to try and top the sequel/ kyurem fusion combo they hit us with that was so off guard? I mean we can speculate and pretty much say
    It will
    1 get new form via item
    2 mega evolve ( the only reason I mention this is BC how significant it was in the game. I actually don't want this for a legendary but oh well )
    But these are obvious go to's
    However if they try to repeat or top bw2 shocking unveiling then there really is no telling...

Well we have Mewtwo as a legendary that can Mega Evolve...and Zygarde's weaker so it won't be game breaking I imagine.

casualCasualty

Super High School Level Fairy
    Years
  • Someone on tumblr actually explained Zygarde's purpose plot wise really well here
    Hopefully, if we do get a Z version, it will delve more into sciences and such. That would be super sweet. ;u;

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Given it's being the representation of Order, I could see it having a unique move along the lines of

Reset
    Att: / Acc: / PP: 5

-All stat changes are reset
    -All status effects are erased
    -All weather is nullified
    -All abilities are reset (if 'mons got Mummified, for example, or Kecleon's typing becomes Normal again)
    -All spikes/arena traps are removed
    -All barriers are removed
    -All multiple-turn moves are halted: (Bind, Bide, Firespin, Fly, Dig, Leech Seed, Future Sight, etc.)

I could see that alone making/breaking a battle for someone.

And like many others, I'm thinking it'll probably get a Mega form in the next game.

Years
  • I think Zygarde represents the nutrient cycle...as things are born take from the abiotic earth, once something dies it is broken down and returned to the earth. Then plants take it back in, the animals or other creatures devour the plants, then all of them die and return those nutrients back to the earth, and so on. Zygarde in other words represents the one who controls the intake and output of life providing nutrients, if either side has too much it'll cause imbalance, like say too much CO2 in the air, or too much stored up would change the climate of the world.

Southueki

Writer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    I honestly got bored of the concept of third legendary in every generation it's because you feel the first duo games are not complete unlike the 3d/sequels, it's 99.9999% that there will be another kalos game, I mean I don't see why wont they will make.

I f you look at zygarde's body there's also a W, maybe the sequels Pokemon W and Z.

Not trying to burst your bubble here, but where in Zygarde do you see a W?

Also, like I said above. Xerneas (starts with X), Yveltal (with Y) and Zygarde (with Z).

And I can only make a Z out of his body, starting from the head to the tip of his "tail"(?).

I'm fairly certain we will get a pokémon Z featuring Zygarde, that will finally do something out of it.

If for any instance we get a pokémon W too, I'd be willing to bet it would be a new pokémon, but Zygarde would be Z for sure

Years
  • Not trying to burst your bubble here, but where in Zygarde do you see a W?

Also, like I said above. Xerneas (starts with X), Yveltal (with Y) and Zygarde (with Z).

And I can only make a Z out of his body, starting from the head to the tip of his "tail"(?).

I'm fairly certain we will get a pokémon Z featuring Zygarde, that will finally do something out of it.

If for any instance we get a pokémon W too, I'd be willing to bet it would be a new pokémon, but Zygarde would be Z for sure

Why no wygarde?
    Ultimate pokemon game: Pokemon W
    Cover pokemon: Wingull

Years
  • Jokes aside, Zygarde is a lot better than you might think lol. That ability of his (while useless outside of mascot battles), makes Fairy and Dark moves weaker when used by Yveltal and Xerneas. Plus, that attack stat isn't anything to scoff at, and will easily cut into their defenses like a hot knife into butter.

But ideally, what we're looking at is Zygarde getting a Mega Evolution (or something) in the next game.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Lots of people already stated it here anyway, but I'm gonna go ahead and agree with everyone who said that the purpose of Zygarde is just the mascot legendary for the sequel (Pokemon Z). It does have comparatively lower stats than Xerneas and Yveltal, but I think it'll get a boost in one way or another in the form of a Mega Evolution or a new Forme.
    Also, when you read the Pokedex entries in X and Y for Zygarde, they talk about some sort of "secret power". They're clearly setting Zygarde up for a new storyline in the forthcoming sequel.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • …Xerneas represents Life, and Yveltal represents Death. Too much of either creates Chaos, the opposite of Order. I think in Z, the story could be changed so that Team Flare would utilize both Xerneas and Yveltal to power the weapon, but Zygarde would somehow stop them to restore order to the world, and would be available to capture before beating the game, sort of like in Emerald, with Xerneas and Yveltal available post-game. Or who knows, maybe Z will be a sequel/prequel.

Wait…what weapon are we talking about again? I haven't gotten very far along in my copy of Pokémon Y, so I don't know anything about it. I do know, however, that a pair of characters, one of whom is male and the other of whom is female, drops a hint that indicates that these two Trainers would end up being the male and female protagonists of the prequel games that would tell the story of the journey across the Kalos region that they say that they took two years prior to the events of Pokémon X and Y when they stop you before you enter Lumiose City for the first time and lead you to that city's Pokémon Research Lab.

Years
  • Jokes aside, Zygarde is a lot better than you might think lol. That ability of his (while useless outside of mascot battles), makes Fairy and Dark moves weaker when used by Yveltal and Xerneas. Plus, that attack stat isn't anything to scoff at, and will easily cut into their defenses like a hot knife into butter.

But ideally, what we're looking at is Zygarde getting a Mega Evolution (or something) in the next game.

You know if they give Zygarde a Mega Evolution it'll most likely have 700 as most (if not all) Mega Evolutions have a bst 100 points higher than usual. That'll bring it to par with B/W Kyurem formes, MegaTyranitar, and fellow Dragon/Ground type MegaGarchomp.

Years
  • Well its originally based off of a fairy tale about a serpent that lives underground (hence the typing ground/dragon) and ground types tend to have not amazing stats. In the story Zygarde is the brining of order, he stops fairy and dark aura so he is the balance between light and dark. My guess in the inevitable Pokemon Z there will be an "alternate form" just like Garitina and many other legendaries.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
  • Dont get me wrong,
    x&y were arguably the best Pokemon games so far, but I dont want a PKMN Z. I think its a pointless addition, but, i would like a continuation. So im split. Yes and no for a Pokemon Z, and also split on zygarde, i think he will have something to do with the games in a big way, but i dont think it will be a full game.
    But nintendo and gamefreak aren't known for any kind of DLC, so who knows?
    And its a little early to jump to conclusions. Im split.

Back