• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Genome (T) (IC)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    SOLOMON
    Nicholas was too busy with his dolly (which he had named muddy, subconsciously) too agknowledge Solomon. The doll made Nicholas feel so comfortable and safe. And to be frank , that was all that Nicholas really could want at the moment. He was also too occupied with muddy to be worried about any onlookers to their situation. After all, did it really matter when he had his muddy buddy?~

Anyhow, Nicholas didn't feel too different from Solomon. Like his friend, the transformation had drained his energy a good bit, and he could have gone for a nice nap as well, especially considered that he was half hypnotized by his doll, and was practically asleep. Realizing the need to sleep, Nicholas shut his eyes, let himself relax and...

What about muddy? Nicholas opened up his eyes in a flash, and saw that his friend was at the other end of the mud pit. What if a big mean bird wanted to eat Nicholas?... Or muddy! He couldn't let that happen. Though Nicholas would have knocked this notion out of his head instantly if he were still human, his Shelmet instincts had taken their toll on him. Besides, both of them needed each others protection, and Nicholas reached out to grab his doll, but was harshly denied by the fact that he had no hands. What was he supposed to do? He wanted muddy nice and close to him so that he could go. He turned to his bigger friend and let out a little yelp. After doing this, he pointed to his doll like a toddler, stupidly and with a whiny expression. "M-muhhddiiiiee!" Nicholas sounded dreadfully pathetic.

Nicholas' cry startled Solomon, and tore him away from his thoughts. He hurried quickly over to see what was wrong. It seemed he'd placed the doll a bit too far away, likely assuming Nicholas intended to keep staring at it instead of actually attempting to play with it. Immediately guilty for his mistake, he leaned over and placed the doll right beside his friend, apologizing profusely. "Suhrry... Suurry..." Though he didn't mind, he was starting to feel like the parent of a small child. No, that wasn't quite right: more like a big brother to a kid sibling. A kid sibling with no hands. Yeah. That was a good way to think of it.

He yawned again. His weariness was really starting to set in. Even though it had come on so suddenly, he actually felt like he'd start dozing off pretty soon whether he wanted to or not. But, he would need a place to sleep. The cold, solid floor wouldn't be very comfortable. Glancing around the room, he noticed... that big teddy bear, off in the back of the toy pile. He'd seen it earlier, and didn't think much of it then. Now, though, it seemed kinda inviting.

Solomon gave Nicholas an apologetic smile. Again, he wanted to further explain himself, "I'm really tired, I think I'm gonna take a nap, if you need something else you can probably shout for me and I'll wake up, I'm a pretty light sleeper," and whatnot, but he could only competently manage two or three words at once right now. He really hoped Nicholas wouldn't mind. Turning away, he meandered over towards the huge stuffed animal. He intended to use it as a pillow, or maybe just to snuggle up with it, or... something along those lines. In his oafish clumsiness, he just sort of ended up haphazardly flopping down onto one side of toy pile. Sure. That'd work. Almost instinctively, he reached for the teddy bear and pulled it closer, wrapping his arms around it and resting his head on its face. He felt... extremely cozy. Solomon was sixteen years old, and hadn't slept with a stuffed animal since he was about eight, but he didn't care. Even if he was being watched, what of it? The teddy bear was soft and plush, and big enough for him, and he could hug it as tightly as he wanted without worrying about hurting it. In other words, it was awesome, and if anyone wanted to judge him they could go right ahead. Yeah... they could go right ahead...

(Unless someone or something wakes him up, he'll be out for a while. If you've got something in mind that'd interrupt his sleep, go right ahead. If not, I'll probably just have my next post be him waking up after an hour or two.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Nicholas' cry startled Solomon, and tore him away from his thoughts. He hurried quickly over to see what was wrong. It seemed he'd placed the doll a bit too far away, likely assuming Nicholas intended to keep staring at it instead of actually attempting to play with it. Immediately guilty for his mistake, he leaned over and placed the doll right beside his friend, apologizing profusely. "Suhrry... Suurry..." Though he didn't mind, he was starting to feel like the parent of a small child. No, that wasn't quite right: more like a big brother to a kid sibling. A kid sibling with no hands. Yeah. That was a good way to think of it.

He yawned again. His weariness was really starting to set in. Even though it had come on so suddenly, he actually felt like he'd start dozing off pretty soon whether he wanted to or not. But, he would need a place to sleep. The cold, solid floor wouldn't be very comfortable. Glancing around the room, he noticed... that big teddy bear, off in the back of the toy pile. He'd seen it earlier, and didn't think much of it then. Now, though, it seemed kinda inviting.

Solomon gave Nicholas an apologetic smile. Again, he wanted to further explain himself, "I'm really tired, I think I'm gonna take a nap, if you need something else you can probably shout for me and I'll wake up, I'm a pretty light sleeper," and whatnot, but he could only competently manage two or three words at once right now. He really hoped Nicholas wouldn't mind. Turning away, he meandered over towards the huge stuffed animal. He intended to use it as a pillow, or maybe just to snuggle up with it, or... something along those lines. In his oafish clumsiness, he just sort of ended up haphazardly flopping down onto one side of toy pile. Sure. That'd work. Almost instinctively, he reached for the teddy bear and pulled it closer, wrapping his arms around it and resting his head on its face. He felt... extremely cozy. Solomon was sixteen years old, and hadn't slept with a stuffed animal since he was about eight, but he didn't care. Even if he was being watched, what of it? The teddy bear was soft and plush, and big enough for him, and he could hug it as tightly as he wanted without worrying about hurting it. In other words, it was awesome, and if anyone wanted to judge him they could go right ahead. Yeah... they could go right ahead...

(Unless someone or something wakes him up, he'll be out for a while. If you've got something in mind that'd interrupt his sleep, go right ahead. If not, I'll probably just have my next post be him waking up after an hour or two.)

(Yeah, I think both of them are gonna have a nice, long napper, though I do have an interruption in mind.)

Nicholas grinned as he saw that his little doll was right beside him. He shook his head at Solomon with the same smile, signifying that he was satisfied with the service done, and that there was no need to be sorry. Solomon was almost as apologetic as he was, to be honest...

Anyhow, Nicholas was set for a good, long nap. He was I'm a nice, cool blanket of mud, he felt comfy in his underdeveloped shell, but most importantly, he had his muddy. He could finally relax and let his eyes droop shut lazily, and he took big, deep breaths, slowly drifting into his subconscious...

It was settled, today was the day that Nicholas was gonna go and talk to those boys that hung out by the school's entrance. He ditched the usual crowd of people that he talked to (which he wouldn'tdare to try to talk to today because they were such huge mongoloids in retrospect.) And made a trot towards the big, school entrance. Nicholas went to a very nice school in cherrygrove, privately owned, yet not a place where snooty parents sent their kids. The entrance was very nice nonetheless, iron bars on either side, concrete on the ground, forming a pristine, smooth surface, and a stairway and school entrance to the west. Nicholas could see the boys over there, chatting about who-knows-what. He walked up to them and declared his entrance. "Hi."

All of the boys stared at him with a bit of a disgusted disposition, Nicholas, at the time, was "that kid" the person that you would try to stay away from at school because...he was special. It caught the kids off guard. Liam, one of the boys Nicholas was prior acquainted with, was first to respond. "Oh, hey Nick.." The other boys chipped in their responses

"Uhh...hey"

"Oh, hi."

"Hey...can I help you?"

John, one of the least amiable to Nicholas, didn't say a word to him, fearing that if he talked to Nicholas, he might catch his stupid. "Can I join in?" Nicholas replied. Though it was very elementary for him to say he wanted to "join in" Nicholas was a free spirit: very naive, and very unrestrained.

"Uh...sure, Nick," Liam replied, "Lemme check if the other guys are ok with it." He turned his head, and the other children knew that it was their cue to respond. Each of them shrugged, except for John. Nicholas was elated to see that the people in the group were ok with him, and they all seemed so cool. He was gonna be a neat 6th grader! Anyhow, The boys returned to the conversation they had, which pertained to a let's play of one of their favorite Internet personalities: Mr. Mustard. The play through was quite interesting, as they all remarked of how quirky and effective the humor was, though Nicholas would have shunned Mr. Mustard in the present day; it was of a very popular RPG, windrider, which all of the boys admired. Nicholas had heard of the game vaguely, but he thought that he would talk about his favorite let's player for the time being: Johnnyman.

"Did you guys see the song that Johnnyman made while he was playing treebuilder? It was super funny." Nicholas blurted this in the middle of the discussion on Windrider. This made the boys cringe for two reasons: Nicholas completely blurted out his sentiment, and clearly confirmed that Nicholas lacked in social skills, and this also proved that Nicholas hazard horrible taste, in both games and let's players. Johnnyman was not only idiotic, stutters, and completely unfunny, he was also an enormous sell-out. He shamelessly advertised products in his let's plays. The boys took this to heart for the rest of their relationship with Nicholas.

They talked about their Pokemon for the rest of the day. Each had about two to three, and they were level ten at most. Their conversation was concluded at this. The children went off into the halls, and Nicholas would have been proud of his conquest in the new clique, had later that day...

"I can't believe how much off an asshat Nicholas is," muttered John to Gabriel, one of the boys in the group. There was quite a bit of noise in the social studies class, so the teacher couldn't hear all that well."he's an enormous idiot, I can't believe that he watches JohnnyMan, that guy is an enormous retard, almost as big as Nicholas. No wonder that kid hangs out with those other idiots at lunch."

The bell promptly rang, and the toy boys stood up, heading for the door "Don't be so harsh on him," Gabriel replied,"Even if he is an idiot, we should still keep quiet. He'd probably tattle on a TA if we were straight with him."

"Yeah...good thing he can't hear us."

Nicholas was right behind the two boys. His heart was crushed. He was never called an asshat by his old friends, but...they weren't cool...Nicholas realized that he had been an enormous idiot for not only the 2 years he had been at school, but...these boys were so much more interesting than those other boys...he could change himself, and he could be like these boys. Right?....

1 year later

"Nick?" Liam had a grim expression on his face as he approached Nicholas today.

"Hm?"

"Yeah...look, you've been with our little group for a while..." Liam glanced away "The other boys aren't comfortable with you."

"Yeah, I get it," Nicholas had been expecting this day for a long, long time, and it was time to say goodbye." Sorry for being such a waste of time." Nicholas earnestly meant this. After all, Nicholas wouldn't be missed. If the other boys weren't happy with him, so be it. The bell rang, and it was time to go to recess. Nicholas trotted towards the door. But...who would Nicholas chat with?... No one interested him... Oh well, Nicholas would just have to waddle around the schoolyard today...

Nicholas started to feel empty...

Nicholas was sniffling very loudly and making morose, kissy noises in his sleep. An hour had passed since he had gone to sleep, and he was having a very bad dream...

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Dr. Graham's return was signalled by the metallic sound of the door sliding open. The woman promptly stepped in as the door automatically shut behind her. "Sorry for the wait," she said. You turned to see her standing there. As promised, cradled in her arms was a lavender-colored Pokemon... It was remarkably small; about your size, give or take. She set it gently on the ground near you, allowing you to see it clearly. It looked at you with large eyes that seemed sharp, yet innocent. Definitely a baby Aerodactyl.

"Be careful, now," Dr. Graham advised, "Since it's a baby, it might bite. It doesn't know any better, after all. You'll have to be patient with it." Her words of caution were brief, however, as she suddenly noticed the suit of armor you'd constructed. Seemingly intrigued by your creative endeavors, she asked, "Oh, what's that you've got there?"

Jasmine, 4 hours and 50 minutes in.

Upon seeing the nice woman again, Jasmine smiled. It was hidden by her mask, however. Seeing her put down the baby, Jasmine approached him. His eyes were a curious color, a mix of blue, red and purple. He seemed a bit scared, and tired. He also heard him say a single word, "Moma?" as he stared at her. He seemed to be only a few days old. She walked over to him, and he seemed okay with it. Jasmine proceeded to pet him, and he rapped his wings around her. He climbed up on her, his wings on her shoulders, his body in between the spikes on her back. He was lighter than he looked, but Jasmine was great full for it. She carried him over to the sand box, where she had dug out a nest like hole. Rocket let go and curled up to sleep in his new bed. Turning back, she saw the woman looking at the armor she crafted. Walking over, she laid it out to show it was a skeleton. She took of her helmet and put it at the neck. She sat down and smiled at the nice woman. Still being able to speak, atleast somewhat, Jasmine managed to say, "Is armor!" as she smiled.

~ 5 hours in.​

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    (Yeah, I think both of them are gonna have a nice, long napper, though I do have an interruption in mind.)

Nicholas grinned as he saw that his little doll was right beside him. He shook his head at Solomon with the same smile, signifying that he was satisfied with the service done, and that there was no need to be sorry. Solomon was almost as apologetic as he was, to be honest...

Anyhow, Nicholas was set for a good, long nap. He was I'm a nice, cool blanket of mud, he felt comfy in his underdeveloped shell, but most importantly, he had his muddy. He could finally relax and let his eyes droop shut lazily, and he took big, deep breaths, slowly drifting into his subconscious...

It was settled, today was the day that Nicholas was gonna go and talk to those boys that hung out by the school's entrance. He ditched the usual crowd of people that he talked to (which he wouldn'tdare to try to talk to today because they were such huge mongoloids in retrospect.) And made a trot towards the big, school entrance. Nicholas went to a very nice school in cherrygrove, privately owned, yet not a place where snooty parents sent their kids. The entrance was very nice nonetheless, iron bars on either side, concrete on the ground, forming a pristine, smooth surface, and a stairway and school entrance to the west. Nicholas could see the boys over there, chatting about who-knows-what. He walked up to them and declared his entrance. "Hi."

All of the boys stared at him with a bit of a disgusted disposition, Nicholas, at the time, was "that kid" the person that you would try to stay away from at school because...he was special. It caught the kids off guard. Liam, one of the boys Nicholas was prior acquainted with, was first to respond. "Oh, hey Nick.." The other boys chipped in their responses

"Uhh...hey"

"Oh, hi."

"Hey...can I help you?"

John, one of the least amiable to Nicholas, didn't say a word to him, fearing that if he talked to Nicholas, he might catch his stupid. "Can I join in?" Nicholas replied. Though it was very elementary for him to say he wanted to "join in" Nicholas was a free spirit: very naive, and very unrestrained.

"Uh...sure, Nick," Liam replied, "Lemme check if the other guys are ok with it." He turned his head, and the other children knew that it was their cue to respond. Each of them shrugged, except for John. Nicholas was elated to see that the people in the group were ok with him, and they all seemed so cool. He was gonna be a neat 6th grader! Anyhow, The boys returned to the conversation they had, which pertained to a let's play of one of their favorite Internet personalities: Mr. Mustard. The play through was quite interesting, as they all remarked of how quirky and effective the humor was, though Nicholas would have shunned Mr. Mustard in the present day; it was of a very popular RPG, windrider, which all of the boys admired. Nicholas had heard of the game vaguely, but he thought that he would talk about his favorite let's player for the time being: Johnnyman.

"Did you guys see the song that Johnnyman made while he was playing treebuilder? It was super funny." Nicholas blurted this in the middle of the discussion on Windrider. This made the boys cringe for two reasons: Nicholas completely blurted out his sentiment, and clearly confirmed that Nicholas lacked in social skills, and this also proved that Nicholas hazard horrible taste, in both games and let's players. Johnnyman was not only idiotic, stutters, and completely unfunny, he was also an enormous sell-out. He shamelessly advertised products in his let's plays. The boys took this to heart for the rest of their relationship with Nicholas.

They talked about their Pokemon for the rest of the day. Each had about two to three, and they were level ten at most. Their conversation was concluded at this. The children went off into the halls, and Nicholas would have been proud of his conquest in the new clique, had later that day...

"I can't believe how much off an asshat Nicholas is," muttered John to Gabriel, one of the boys in the group. There was quite a bit of noise in the social studies class, so the teacher couldn't hear all that well."he's an enormous idiot, I can't believe that he watches JohnnyMan, that guy is an enormous retard, almost as big as Nicholas. No wonder that kid hangs out with those other idiots at lunch."

The bell promptly rang, and the toy boys stood up, heading for the door "Don't be so harsh on him," Gabriel replied,"Even if he is an idiot, we should still keep quiet. He'd probably tattle on a TA if we were straight with him."

"Yeah...good thing he can't hear us."

Nicholas was right behind the two boys. His heart was crushed. He was never called an asshat by his old friends, but...they weren't cool...Nicholas realized that he had been an enormous idiot for not only the 2 years he had been at school, but...these boys were so much more interesting than those other boys...he could change himself, and he could be like these boys. Right?....

1 year later

"Nick?" Liam had a grim expression on his face as he approached Nicholas today.

"Hm?"

"Yeah...look, you've been with our little group for a while..." Liam glanced away "The other boys aren't comfortable with you."

"Yeah, I get it," Nicholas had been expecting this day for a long, long time, and it was time to say goodbye." Sorry for being such a waste of time." Nicholas earnestly meant this. After all, Nicholas wouldn't be missed. If the other boys weren't happy with him, so be it. The bell rang, and it was time to go to recess. Nicholas trotted towards the door. But...who would Nicholas chat with?... No one interested him... Oh well, Nicholas would just have to waddle around the schoolyard today...

Nicholas started to feel empty...

Nicholas was sniffling very loudly and making morose, kissy noises in his sleep. An hour had passed since he had gone to sleep, and he was having a very bad dream...

Solomon, unlike Nicholas, was thoroughly enjoying his nap. He too had a tendency to dream of daily events in his life, albeit... with a few whimsical twists here and there. For instance, an ordinary day out with his closest friends could lead into a cross-country road trip at a moment's notice. Or maybe he'd be at the supermarket, but all of the shelves would be stocked with nothing but birthday cake. Or, he'd dream that his beloved Whirlipede finally evolved... into a Liepard, for some reason. Those were the sorts of dreams he had.

A solid hour went by, and probably a good ten or fifteen minutes more, before he began to stir. Nicholas' sniffles and murmurs were certainly enough to rouse him from his slumber, at least a little, but in his drowsy stupor, Solomon quite frankly didn't remember that Nicholas existed (or anything about their situation, for that matter). All he knew was that something was starting to pull him away from his dreamy, unconscious state, and that he wanted to stay comfortably asleep just for a little longer... Solomon drifted in and out of sleep, mumbling very softly every now and then, shifting his weight on the toy pile and squeezing his bear a little tighter. He was only half conscious, and as far as he knew this could have gone on for hours or only a few minutes. However, a particularly loud sniffle from the other side of the room woke him enough for him to come to a terrifying sensory realization: he felt like he was absolutely covered in slime.

In a split second of absolute horror, a frightened murmur escaped him as he bolted upright, his heartbeat racing. However, upon taking in the gray and white walls, the sight of Nicholas nestled in his mud pit, and, of course, his own body, his fear dissipated. Everything that had happened so far returned to his memory. He gave a quiet sigh of relief.

How long was I out...? he asked himself, gazing lazily around the room. There was nothing to indicate what time of day it was. Apparently no one had even bothered to put up a clock before dumping him and Nicholas in here. Oh well. Looking down at himself again, he recalled that he was still undergoing his, err, transformation. How much had it progressed? He noticed his tummy had settled into a deep purple tone, with the rest of him being a soft lavender... With some effort he managed to stand and take a step towards the mirror. Immediately, though, something caught against his foot, and he toppled over onto the floor. It didn't hurt too badly; his body had become very squishy and pudgy, allowing it to easily absorb most of the shock, but it still made him feel like a complete klutz. Pulling himself to his feet, he turned to see what he'd tripped over, only to find his boxers lying there, tragically ruined by a thick coat of slime. They'd been pushed off of him by the growth of his tail - which was huge now, he noticed. Fortunately, though, there wasn't anything left for them to cover up... which he was fine with at this point, truth be told. He picked them up and set them away from the toy pile (it'd be pretty gross of him to just leave them sitting there, after all) before making his way over to the mirror.

Solomon approached it rather timidly, uncertain about whether or not he wanted to see what he looked like now. After all, last time he'd given himself a good look in the mirror, his appearance was pretty grotesque. Mustering up a bit of courage, he cast his gaze to his reflection... and was surprised to see a typical Goodra staring back at him. He had the green spots, the fully-grown antennae... the whole deal. With wide eyes, Solomon started to mutter, "No way," but all that came out was a quiet, high-pitched little whimper. Well... he knew he shouldn't be surprised. He'd known this was coming all along. But somehow, it was especially startling to actually see himself like this. Had the last of his humanity really slipped away in his sleep? Surely he wasn't entirely done yet...? With almost frantic urgency, he leaned in closer to the mirror and turned himself at all kinds of different angles, trying to find any trace of his former self, but to no avail. He was a Pokemon through and trough. With yet another sigh, he turned away from the mirror and sat down, letting acceptance sink in. Being a Pokemon really couldn't be too bad, could it? It hadn't been terrible so far. He could probably live with this. Maybe it wasn't even a permanent change: that was something he could hope for.

Nicholas' restless noises distracted Solomon from considering the matter much further. Concern welled up in him as he looked over. The kid didn't seem to be sleeping too well. Maybe he ought to wake him up? Or, maybe not. He didn't want to scare him, or interrupt his sleep... This was definitely a dilemma.

Jasmine, 4 hours and 50 minutes in.

Upon seeing the nice woman again, Jasmine smiled. It was hidden by her mask, however. Seeing her put down the baby, Jasmine approached him. His eyes were a curious color, a mix of blue, red and purple. He seemed a bit scared, and tired. He also heard him say a single word, "Moma?" as he stared at her. He seemed to be only a few days old. She walked over to him, and he seemed okay with it. Jasmine proceeded to pet him, and he rapped his wings around her. He climbed up on her, his wings on her shoulders, his body in between the spikes on her back. He was lighter than he looked, but Jasmine was great full for it. She carried him over to the sand box, where she had dug out a nest like hole. Rocket let go and curled up to sleep in his new bed. Turning back, she saw the woman looking at the armor she crafted. Walking over, she laid it out to show it was a skeleton. She took of her helmet and put it at the neck. She sat down and smiled at the nice woman. Still being able to speak, atleast somewhat, Jasmine managed to say, "Is armor!" as she smiled.

~ 5 hours in.​

"Ohhh, I see!" Dr. Graham nodded, legitimately impressed with your work. "That's a very clever idea." This was already making for some great research data... She intended to take note of your creative process. Additionally, you and the Aerodactyl already seemed to be off to a good start. Graham's earlier warning had not been without basis - the little monster nearly bit one of the lab assistants after being revived from its fossil. However, it appeared to bond with you almost immediately. Graham silently wondered whether it recognized you as a human or a Pokemon, or if it even noticed that you were sort of both. She was eager to begin recording the bits of information she'd gathered, but intended to leave the room first. Unlike her assistant, she never took notes or observations right in front of the test subjects she was assigned to. She wanted you to think of her as someone you could trust, perhaps even a friend, rather than another grown-up in a lab coat here to study you.

"Alright" the woman said, taking a step back. "Why don't you two get to know each other a little better? I'll be going now, but I'll come back to check up on you in another hour or two." She then promptly took her leave. Thankfully, now you had Rocket to keep you company. What would you do next?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Solomon, unlike Nicholas, was thoroughly enjoying his nap. He too had a tendency to dream of daily events in his life, albeit... with a few whimsical twists here and there. For instance, an ordinary day out with his closest friends could lead into a cross-country road trip at a moment's notice. Or maybe he'd be at the supermarket, but all of the shelves would be stocked with nothing but birthday cake. Or, he'd dream that his beloved Whirlipede finally evolved... into a Liepard, for some reason. Those were the sorts of dreams he had.

A solid hour went by, and probably a good ten or fifteen minutes more, before he began to stir. Nicholas' sniffles and murmurs were certainly enough to rouse him from his slumber, at least a little, but in his drowsy stupor, Solomon quite frankly didn't remember that Nicholas existed (or anything about their situation, for that matter). All he knew was that something was starting to pull him away from his dreamy, unconscious state, and that he wanted to stay comfortably asleep just for a little longer... Solomon drifted in and out of sleep, mumbling very softly every now and then, shifting his weight on the toy pile and squeezing his bear a little tighter. He was only half conscious, and as far as he knew this could have gone on for hours or only a few minutes. However, a particularly loud sniffle from the other side of the room woke him enough for him to come to a terrifying sensory realization: he felt like he was absolutely covered in slime.

In a split second of absolute horror, a frightened murmur escaped him as he bolted upright, his heartbeat racing. However, upon taking in the gray and white walls, the sight of Nicholas nestled in his mud pit, and, of course, his own body, his fear dissipated. Everything that had happened so far returned to his memory. He gave a quiet sigh of relief.

How long was I out...? he asked himself, gazing lazily around the room. There was nothing to indicate what time of day it was. Apparently no one had even bothered to put up a clock before dumping him and Nicholas in here. Oh well. Looking down at himself again, he recalled that he was still undergoing his, err, transformation. How much had it progressed? He noticed his tummy had settled into a deep purple tone, with the rest of him being a soft lavender... With some effort he managed to stand and take a step towards the mirror. Immediately, though, something caught against his foot, and he toppled over onto the floor. It didn't hurt too badly; his body had become very squishy and pudgy, allowing it to easily absorb most of the shock, but it still made him feel like a complete klutz. Pulling himself to his feet, he turned to see what he'd tripped over, only to find his boxers lying there, tragically ruined by a thick coat of slime. They'd been pushed off of him by the growth of his tail - which was huge now, he noticed. Fortunately, though, there wasn't anything left for them to cover up... which he was fine with at this point, truth be told. He picked them up and set them away from the toy pile (it'd be pretty gross of him to just leave them sitting there, after all) before making his way over to the mirror.

Solomon approached it rather timidly, uncertain about whether or not he wanted to see what he looked like now. After all, last time he'd given himself a good look in the mirror, his appearance was pretty grotesque. Mustering up a bit of courage, he cast his gaze to his reflection... and was surprised to see a typical Goodra staring back at him. He had the green spots, the fully-grown antennae... the whole deal. With wide eyes, Solomon started to mutter, "No way," but all that came out was a quiet, high-pitched little whimper. Well... he knew he shouldn't be surprised. He'd known this was coming all along. But somehow, it was especially startling to actually see himself like this. Had the last of his humanity really slipped away in his sleep? Surely he wasn't entirely done yet...? With almost frantic urgency, he leaned in closer to the mirror and turned himself at all kinds of different angles, trying to find any trace of his former self, but to no avail. He was a Pokemon through and trough. With yet another sigh, he turned away from the mirror and sat down, letting acceptance sink in. Being a Pokemon really couldn't be too bad, could it? It hadn't been terrible so far. He could probably live with this. Maybe it wasn't even a permanent change: that was something he could hope for.

Nicholas' restless noises distracted Solomon from considering the matter much further. Concern welled up in him as he looked over. The kid didn't seem to be sleeping too well. Maybe he ought to wake him up? Or, maybe not. He didn't want to scare him, or interrupt his sleep... This was definitely a dilemma.

(alrighty, so I think come next post, some henchmen will come and take both of us away, and put is in whatever ending you desire. The rp could also go on with us being plain old pokemon and go from there, or it could end with the test process just being over. If the prior is true, though, I would like to ask where you would like to carry it to. I'd also like you to include the intervention of guards/ the greyson company in your next post, if it wouldn't be too much to ask.)

SOLOMON
    The thumps that Solomon made as he stomped about yanked Nicholas out of his little dream. His eyes went wide open, and he clamped his visor shut as loud as he possibly could...That's funny...it didn't cover his entire face before...Where were his arms?

Nicholas began to panic as he realized that a lot had changed since he had gone to sleep. The old, human self, that wasn't there when he acted like a little toddler, asking Solomon for every little need, was gone now. He was his normal self for the time being, and he tried to huff as much as he could, but...his lips were weird too. He found that he was pretty submerged in mud, and after a bit of shimmying with his miniscule legs, he took a gander at his reflection. Yyyyyup. Shelmet. Nicholas had the whole kitten caboodle, a crest, a visor, weird lipsies, no upper body. He was a little snail, and hopefully he wouldn't be for very long.

He quickly glanced at Solomon, and attempted to grab his attention. He tried to wave his arms...those were gone. He tried to waggle his body...that was gone. He tried to yell for his attention...he could only make little kissy noises. Adorable, but extremely embarrasing... He had his old mind, his old instincts, his old head was there...but he felt...different. He was now truly a boy in a shelmet's body...

He wanted his muddy now

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    "Ohhh, I see!" Dr. Graham nodded, legitimately impressed with your work. "That's a very clever idea." This was already making for some great research data... She intended to take note of your creative process. Additionally, you and the Aerodactyl already seemed to be off to a good start. Graham's earlier warning had not been without basis - the little monster nearly bit one of the lab assistants after being revived from its fossil. However, it appeared to bond with you almost immediately. Graham silently wondered whether it recognized you as a human or a Pokemon, or if it even noticed that you were sort of both. She was eager to begin recording the bits of information she'd gathered, but intended to leave the room first. Unlike her assistant, she never took notes or observations right in front of the test subjects she was assigned to. She wanted you to think of her as someone you could trust, perhaps even a friend, rather than another grown-up in a lab coat here to study you.

"Alright" the woman said, taking a step back. "Why don't you two get to know each other a little better? I'll be going now, but I'll come back to check up on you in another hour or two." She then promptly took her leave. Thankfully, now you had Rocket to keep you company. What would you do next?

Jasmine 5 hours in.
    Upon seeing her friend leave, Jasmine waved. Putting her helmet back on, she went back to see Rocket. He was sleeping, and looked very innocent for being a creature of such a powerful species. Looking closer at him, Jasmine noticed he was a bit special. Along with his eyes being different, he seemed a more pinkish color than lavender, and his wings had a blue hue to them. Seeing as how he was sleeping, Jasmine decided to make the nest bigger so that she could rest with him. She did, and fell asleep next to Rocket.

However, she forgot to check how she had visually changed. It was almost complete, with just the color being off, and her tail was still a tad short. She was also a little taller than she would be by the time she woke up.

~ 5 hours and 20 minutes in.​

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    (Sorry 'bout the wait.)

(alrighty, so I think come next post, some henchmen will come and take both of us away, and put is in whatever ending you desire. The rp could also go on with us being plain old pokemon and go from there, or it could end with the test process just being over. If the prior is true, though, I would like to ask where you would like to carry it to. I'd also like you to include the intervention of guards/ the greyson company in your next post, if it wouldn't be too much to ask.)

SOLOMON
    The thumps that Solomon made as he stomped about yanked Nicholas out of his little dream. His eyes went wide open, and he clamped his visor shut as loud as he possibly could...That's funny...it didn't cover his entire face before...Where were his arms?

Nicholas began to panic as he realized that a lot had changed since he had gone to sleep. The old, human self, that wasn't there when he acted like a little toddler, asking Solomon for every little need, was gone now. He was his normal self for the time being, and he tried to huff as much as he could, but...his lips were weird too. He found that he was pretty submerged in mud, and after a bit of shimmying with his miniscule legs, he took a gander at his reflection. Yyyyyup. Shelmet. Nicholas had the whole kitten caboodle, a crest, a visor, weird lipsies, no upper body. He was a little snail, and hopefully he wouldn't be for very long.

He quickly glanced at Solomon, and attempted to grab his attention. He tried to wave his arms...those were gone. He tried to waggle his body...that was gone. He tried to yell for his attention...he could only make little kissy noises. Adorable, but extremely embarrasing... He had his old mind, his old instincts, his old head was there...but he felt...different. He was now truly a boy in a shelmet's body...

He wanted his muddy now

Noticing Nicholas panicking in the mud, Solomon stood up to go comfort him, but was interrupted by sounds... coming from outside of the room. He turned towards the wall where the door was, startled and intrigued. He thought he could make out voices.

"... nah, these two are pretty docile. They shouldn't give us any trouble..."

He didn't have much time to ponder these words, though, as immediately afterwards the secret door slid open. A grizzled older man in a white lab coat stepped in, with a pair of guards flanking him. This was the first time since Nicholas' arrival that they'd had contact from outside of their cell, and Solomon wasn't sure if this was good or bad thing. Are they going to let us out of here...?

"Fun's over, kids," the man in the lab coat said. His tone intimidated Solomon a little. One of the guards was making his way towards Nicholas. Solomon, either out of protective instincts or heartfelt concern for his friend, stepped in front of the guard. "What are you gonna do to him?" he asked - or, well, tried to ask. What he really said was something along the lines of "Guuuu?" in a soft, high-pitched voice. Damn it. He was adorable, too.

"Don't worry," the guard said, his voice less rough than the other man's. "We're not gonna hurt you or your friend. You two wanna get outta this testin' chamber, right? We're here to take you guys - release ya' into the wilderness, yanno? Gonna drive ya' both to a nice swamp up north a' here..." Solomon felt a mixture of relief and uncertainty. A swamp definitely sounded appealing, now that he was a Goodra, especially compared to this little box of a room. He could rest in the cool water and mud, maybe even play in the rain. Not to mention, his slime wouldn't be a hassle in such a wet environment. But, at the same time, it sounded like he was expected to live out the rest of his life as a Pokemon. He wasn't so sure about that... Of course, the guard could also be lying. So far Greyson Co. and its staff had been nothing but dishonest in Solomon's experience. However, being the good-natured and rather gullible sap he was, he gave the guard's words the benefit of the doubt.

He turned to Nicholas, as if asking for permission to let the guard pick him up and carry him out - but - Nicholas had vanished from sight! In fact, so had everything else! All of a sudden, his vision had gone completely black. He didn't make a sound, though he was very startled. Did they knock me out or something...? Am... am I dead? No, that couldn't be right. He could still hear the lab staff, scuffling around and cursing amongst themselves.

"... Another power outage?"

"Looks like it."

"God, they've really gotta get that Electivire under control..."

A bright beacon suddenly pierced the darkness, temporarily blinding Solomon. He whimpered uselessly, craning his neck away and covering his eyes, before adjusting to the new lighting. He realized one of the guards had taken out a flashlight.

"Damn it," said the other guard, "The door won't close." He was right, Solomon noticed. The door to the cell was left wide open.

"Well, obviously not," the lab-coated man retorted, "They run on the electrical grid, too. But that's not the worst of it. Last time we had a power outage, some of the doors malfunctioned and opened by themselves. It's part of their emergency protocol, y'see - if the facility were to lose power for good, test subjects could be trapped in their cells indefinitely... Oh, why am I bothering to explain it? We need to go make sure every cell is secure, immediately. We can't afford to have any test subjects roaming about!"

"But what about these guys?" asked the first guard, standing in the doorway with his flashlight beaming. He motioned towards Solomon and Nicholas with a questioning expression.

"You stay here, and make sure they stay put, until the power comes back."

"Gotcha."

The guard leaned against the door frame as his cohorts took off, sighing to himself. He seemed a little peeved with his assigned duty - probably rightfully so, as there was no telling how long the blackout would last. Glancing at his pair of prisoners, he forced a bit of a snide grin.

"Sorry for the delay. But hey, while we're here, don't you two get any ideas, got it? Neither of ya's gonna be any good at usin' Pokemon attacks yet, and I've got my own Pokemon I can knock ya' out with if I've gotta. And some tranquilizers, for good measure. So just sit pretty and wait, alright?"

(Hope this'll do. Not sure where it's gonna go from here, but it's more fun that way, right?)

Jasmine 5 hours in.
    Upon seeing her friend leave, Jasmine waved. Putting her helmet back on, she went back to see Rocket. He was sleeping, and looked very innocent for being a creature of such a powerful species. Looking closer at him, Jasmine noticed he was a bit special. Along with his eyes being different, he seemed a more pinkish color than lavender, and his wings had a blue hue to them. Seeing as how he was sleeping, Jasmine decided to make the nest bigger so that she could rest with him. She did, and fell asleep next to Rocket.

However, she forgot to check how she had visually changed. It was almost complete, with just the color being off, and her tail was still a tad short. She was also a little taller than she would be by the time she woke up.

~ 5 hours and 20 minutes in.​

Much to your surprise, you woke up to find yourself in absolute darkness. Naturally, you weren't sure what to make of it at first. Had you gone blind? Or, did they just turn the lights out at night? Maybe something was wrong.

Your eyes were steadily adjusting. As it turned out, you could see a bit better in the dark now. Additionally, the darkness wasn't as perfect as it had seemed at first. You could make out the slightest hint of distant lights, out beyond a roughly square-shaped aperture in the wall. That... that had to be the door to your cell. Looking around, the woman from earlier didn't seem to be anywhere in sight. Nor did any guards or lab-coats or anyone at all, except for Rocket of course. He was beginning to wake up as well, stirring and making gentle noises- you could faintly make out the word "mama."

Now that you could see a little more clearly, it was apparent that your cell door was indeed open and unattended. This could allow for a potential escape... or, maybe that would be too dangerous to risk?

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    (Sorry 'bout the wait.)
    Much to your surprise, you woke up to find yourself in absolute darkness. Naturally, you weren't sure what to make of it at first. Had you gone blind? Or, did they just turn the lights out at night? Maybe something was wrong.

Your eyes were steadily adjusting. As it turned out, you could see a bit better in the dark now. Additionally, the darkness wasn't as perfect as it had seemed at first. You could make out the slightest hint of distant lights, out beyond a roughly square-shaped aperture in the wall. That... that had to be the door to your cell. Looking around, the woman from earlier didn't seem to be anywhere in sight. Nor did any guards or lab-coats or anyone at all, except for Rocket of course. He was beginning to wake up as well, stirring and making gentle noises- you could faintly make out the word "mama."

Now that you could see a little more clearly, it was apparent that your cell door was indeed open and unattended. This could allow for a potential escape... or, maybe that would be too dangerous to risk?

Jasmine, 6 hours in.
    Thinking about it, Jasmine decided she would try to get out. Getting Rocket, she gently put him in the armor. Since he could not fly anyways, it was not much of a hindrance. Jasmine, now in pokemon tongue, said "Don't worry Rocket. We will get out." Seeing someone coming, she put Rocket back on her shoulders and hid in an indent. He walked into the cell she was just in, and ran back out in a panic. It was the man from before. His panic was starting to scare Rocket, so she hit him on the head. Again. She pushed him in the room, and ran back out. Seeing more men with flashlights made her angry. It also made Rocket quiver out of fright. Dodging people was easier then expected, as Rocket could cling to ceilings, and Jasmine could knock people out. They heard the noise of pokemon farther down. Since Rocket was choosing where to got,(As they are on the ceiling) they headed towards it. It was another cell, with others trapped inside. A goodra and a shelmet by the looks of it, and another man. Rocket did not seem to like this man, as sparks began to form around his mouth. They deciding to wait for something to happen.

6 hours, 20 minutes in.​

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    (Sorry 'bout the wait.)

Noticing Nicholas panicking in the mud, Solomon stood up to go comfort him, but was interrupted by sounds... coming from outside of the room. He turned towards the wall where the door was, startled and intrigued. He thought he could make out voices.

"... nah, these two are pretty docile. They shouldn't give us any trouble..."

He didn't have much time to ponder these words, though, as immediately afterwards the secret door slid open. A grizzled older man in a white lab coat stepped in, with a pair of guards flanking him. This was the first time since Nicholas' arrival that they'd had contact from outside of their cell, and Solomon wasn't sure if this was good or bad thing. Are they going to let us out of here...?

"Fun's over, kids," the man in the lab coat said. His tone intimidated Solomon a little. One of the guards was making his way towards Nicholas. Solomon, either out of protective instincts or heartfelt concern for his friend, stepped in front of the guard. "What are you gonna do to him?" he asked - or, well, tried to ask. What he really said was something along the lines of "Guuuu?" in a soft, high-pitched voice. Damn it. He was adorable, too.

"Don't worry," the guard said, his voice less rough than the other man's. "We're not gonna hurt you or your friend. You two wanna get outta this testin' chamber, right? We're here to take you guys - release ya' into the wilderness, yanno? Gonna drive ya' both to a nice swamp up north a' here..." Solomon felt a mixture of relief and uncertainty. A swamp definitely sounded appealing, now that he was a Goodra, especially compared to this little box of a room. He could rest in the cool water and mud, maybe even play in the rain. Not to mention, his slime wouldn't be a hassle in such a wet environment. But, at the same time, it sounded like he was expected to live out the rest of his life as a Pokemon. He wasn't so sure about that... Of course, the guard could also be lying. So far Greyson Co. and its staff had been nothing but dishonest in Solomon's experience. However, being the good-natured and rather gullible sap he was, he gave the guard's words the benefit of the doubt.

He turned to Nicholas, as if asking for permission to let the guard pick him up and carry him out - but - Nicholas had vanished from sight! In fact, so had everything else! All of a sudden, his vision had gone completely black. He didn't make a sound, though he was very startled. Did they knock me out or something...? Am... am I dead? No, that couldn't be right. He could still hear the lab staff, scuffling around and cursing amongst themselves.

"... Another power outage?"

"Looks like it."

"God, they've really gotta get that Electivire under control..."

A bright beacon suddenly pierced the darkness, temporarily blinding Solomon. He whimpered uselessly, craning his neck away and covering his eyes, before adjusting to the new lighting. He realized one of the guards had taken out a flashlight.

"Damn it," said the other guard, "The door won't close." He was right, Solomon noticed. The door to the cell was left wide open.

"Well, obviously not," the lab-coated man retorted, "They run on the electrical grid, too. But that's not the worst of it. Last time we had a power outage, some of the doors malfunctioned and opened by themselves. It's part of their emergency protocol, y'see - if the facility were to lose power for good, test subjects could be trapped in their cells indefinitely... Oh, why am I bothering to explain it? We need to go make sure every cell is secure, immediately. We can't afford to have any test subjects roaming about!"

"But what about these guys?" asked the first guard, standing in the doorway with his flashlight beaming. He motioned towards Solomon and Nicholas with a questioning expression.

"You stay here, and make sure they stay put, until the power comes back."

"Gotcha."

The guard leaned against the door frame as his cohorts took off, sighing to himself. He seemed a little peeved with his assigned duty - probably rightfully so, as there was no telling how long the blackout would last. Glancing at his pair of prisoners, he forced a bit of a snide grin.

"Sorry for the delay. But hey, while we're here, don't you two get any ideas, got it? Neither of ya's gonna be any good at usin' Pokemon attacks yet, and I've got my own Pokemon I can knock ya' out with if I've gotta. And some tranquilizers, for good measure. So just sit pretty and wait, alright?"

(Hope this'll do. Not sure where it's gonna go from here, but it's more fun that way, right?)

Nicholas' mind was already torn by his confusion of surroundings: his body, what had happened to Solomon, everything overwhelmed him. When he heard the rummaging about in the hallway, though, he immediately stopped his thought process and clamped his shell shut even harder. He shuddered in the mud, completely terrified by the noise. His skin faded and became whiter as his body tried to readjust to the fear that overcame him...

He would have pissed himself when he saw the guards if he still had his hardware. Their mere entrance through the hidden door shook him to the core. He couldn't explain his sudden fear of people. He had a new fear of birds for a good chunk of the time he was in the cell...but now people. Weird. He was people a few hours ago. He couldn't think about that, though, because at the moment he was having a silent, mental breakdown.

He could still listen to the conversation though. He took consolation at the mention of relocation in a swamp. How lovely it would be to hang out in a swamp...covered in mud so that no bird could get him... It would be better than being here, nonetheless. He was too busy squinting his eyes to notice the power had gone out, and after he heard footsteps exiting the room, he felt a heavy load fall off of his shoulders. He took a glance at the situation through his visor, he saw the man standing in the gateway of the room. The mention of tranquilizers made him shudder but... What could anyone do to push a needle into him when he was in his shell? He grinned at the sudden triumph of thought he had made: No one could hurt him in his shell. But...he still felt scared. Let them toss him around in his shell and do whatever. He didn't care if he was manhandled...he felt passively protected but...

He still wanted his muddy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Jasmine, 6 hours in.
    Thinking about it, Jasmine decided she would try to get out. Getting Rocket, she gently put him in the armor. Since he could not fly anyways, it was not much of a hindrance. Jasmine, now in pokemon tongue, said "Don't worry Rocket. We will get out." Seeing someone coming, she put Rocket back on her shoulders and hid in an indent. He walked into the cell she was just in, and ran back out in a panic. It was the man from before. His panic was starting to scare Rocket, so she hit him on the head. Again. She pushed him in the room, and ran back out. Seeing more men with flashlights made her angry. It also made Rocket quiver out of fright. Dodging people was easier then expected, as Rocket could cling to ceilings, and Jasmine could knock people out. They heard the noise of pokemon farther down. Since Rocket was choosing where to got,(As they are on the ceiling) they headed towards it. It was another cell, with others trapped inside. A goodra and a shelmet by the looks of it, and another man. Rocket did not seem to like this man, as sparks began to form around his mouth. They deciding to wait for something to happen.

6 hours, 20 minutes in.​

Nicholas' mind was already torn by his confusion of surroundings: his body, what had happened to Solomon, everything overwhelmed him. When he heard the rummaging about in the hallway, though, he immediately stopped his thought process and clamped his shell shut even harder. He shuddered in the mud, completely terrified by the noise. His skin faded and became whiter as his body tried to readjust to the fear that overcame him...

He would have pissed himself when he saw the guards if he still had his hardware. Their mere entrance through the hidden door shook him to the core. He couldn't explain his sudden fear of people. He had a new fear of birds for a good chunk of the time he was in the cell...but now people. Weird. He was people a few hours ago. He couldn't think about that, though, because at the moment he was having a silent, mental breakdown.

He could still listen to the conversation though. He took consolation at the mention of relocation in a swamp. How lovely it would be to hang out in a swamp...covered in mud so that no bird could get him... It would be better than being here, nonetheless. He was too busy squinting his eyes to notice the power had gone out, and after he heard footsteps exiting the room, he felt a heavy load fall off of his shoulders. He took a glance at the situation through his visor, he saw the man standing in the gateway of the room. The mention of tranquilizers made him shudder but... What could anyone do to push a needle into him when he was in his shell? He grinned at the sudden triumph of thought he had made: No one could hurt him in his shell. But...he still felt scared. Let them toss him around in his shell and do whatever. He didn't care if he was manhandled...he felt passively protected but...

He still wanted his muddy.

(Since both of your characters are in about the same place now, I'll do one response here for the both of you. Also, feel free to powerplay the NPC guard at the door as you please.)

Solomon sat down beside the mud trough and waited. He might've gone back to sleep, but all this excitement had him wide awake. Also, though, he wanted to make sure nothing bad happened to Nicholas. Presently, his poor friend was clamped tight in his shell. Solomon had no way of knowing if he was scared out of his mind or just being cautious, or possibly even just trying to get some more sleep. Unsure about how to address him, he kept quiet for now, but made a mental note to ask if Nicholas was ok, if he didn't come out of his shell soon.

He passively wondered what it would be like to live in a swamp for the rest of his life. Sure, it'd be very comfortable for him. The idea sounded remarkably appealing now that he'd developed such a natural affinity for moisture. But... wouldn't he get lonely? He'd certainly miss his friends and family. Maybe, rather than staying wherever they dropped him off, he could try to find his way home. Were they even in Unova? Nicholas had said he was from Johto. Perhaps they'd been shipped somewhere else, without even realizing it. And even if they were in Unova, getting back to Nacrene City would probably be pretty difficult. Along the way he could get lost, or find himself in an environment that's too dry for him, or be captured by a trainer - which didn't sound that bad at all, now that he thought of it. Being a Pokemon gave him a lot of new things to consider, and ending up as a trainer's companion was among them one of the least frightening possibilities. No, Solomon wouldn't mind that at all. Helping a kid out on their adventure, making friends, maybe even getting hugs and belly rubs... He thought of how much he adored his own Pokemon. Even if it delayed his journey home, it'd still be nice...

... Wait. That's right! What about his Whirlipede? He was about to be shipped off somewhere else without her! He couldn't afford to let that happen! What if he never saw her again?

Caught up in a sudden panic, he tried frantically to get the guard's attention. The guard noticed, of course, but couldn't interpret the Goodra's cries. He glanced over at Solomon with disinterest, pointing his flashlight lazily towards the floor in the room. Desperately, Solomon attempted to emulate human speech. "I have a problem, sir, can you help me out?" was what he was trying to say, but it came out as an incoherent mess of warped syllables. His mouth and vocal chords simply didn't work the way they had a few hours ago. All the dexterity he'd had in his lips and tongue had been lost, rendering him unable to make anything but infantile wails. "Keep it down in there, will ya'?" the guard said gruffly.

Looking very dejected, Solomon accepted defeat and abandoned the cause. He looked at the floor for a moment, trying to think of what he could do. "My Whirlipede..." he said softly, hoping Nicholas could hear and respond. "They still have my Pokemon. I can't just leave her behind..."

Meanwhile, the guard grunted and turned his flashlight back towards the hallway. He'd easily concluded that neither Nicholas nor Solomon posed a threat, but was wary of the potential for action outside. While most of the subjects in the facility were harmelss, a few were known to be hostile. The Electivire that had caused the blackout, for instance - the staff was having a very hard time just keeping her contained. He shifted his eyes, mistrusting of his surroundings. He could have sworn he'd heard something earlier... or, maybe it was just his paranoid imagination making things up?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    (Since both of your characters are in about the same place now, I'll do one response here for the both of you. Also, feel free to powerplay the NPC guard at the door as you please.)

Solomon sat down beside the mud trough and waited. He might've gone back to sleep, but all this excitement had him wide awake. Also, though, he wanted to make sure nothing bad happened to Nicholas. Presently, his poor friend was clamped tight in his shell. Solomon had no way of knowing if he was scared out of his mind or just being cautious, or possibly even just trying to get some more sleep. Unsure about how to address him, he kept quiet for now, but made a mental note to ask if Nicholas was ok, if he didn't come out of his shell soon.

He passively wondered what it would be like to live in a swamp for the rest of his life. Sure, it'd be very comfortable for him. The idea sounded remarkably appealing now that he'd developed such a natural affinity for moisture. But... wouldn't he get lonely? He'd certainly miss his friends and family. Maybe, rather than staying wherever they dropped him off, he could try to find his way home. Were they even in Unova? Nicholas had said he was from Johto. Perhaps they'd been shipped somewhere else, without even realizing it. And even if they were in Unova, getting back to Nacrene City would probably be pretty difficult. Along the way he could get lost, or find himself in an environment that's too dry for him, or be captured by a trainer - which didn't sound that bad at all, now that he thought of it. Being a Pokemon gave him a lot of new things to consider, and ending up as a trainer's companion was among them one of the least frightening possibilities. No, Solomon wouldn't mind that at all. Helping a kid out on their adventure, making friends, maybe even getting hugs and belly rubs... He thought of how much he adored his own Pokemon. Even if it delayed his journey home, it'd still be nice...

... Wait. That's right! What about his Whirlipede? He was about to be shipped off somewhere else without her! He couldn't afford to let that happen! What if he never saw her again?

Caught up in a sudden panic, he tried frantically to get the guard's attention. The guard noticed, of course, but couldn't interpret the Goodra's cries. He glanced over at Solomon with disinterest, pointing his flashlight lazily towards the floor in the room. Desperately, Solomon attempted to emulate human speech. "I have a problem, sir, can you help me out?" was what he was trying to say, but it came out as an incoherent mess of warped syllables. His mouth and vocal chords simply didn't work the way they had a few hours ago. All the dexterity he'd had in his lips and tongue had been lost, rendering him unable to make anything but infantile wails. "Keep it down in there, will ya'?" the guard said gruffly.

Looking very dejected, Solomon accepted defeat and abandoned the cause. He looked at the floor for a moment, trying to think of what he could do. "My Whirlipede..." he said softly, hoping Nicholas could hear and respond. "They still have my Pokemon. I can't just leave her behind..."

Meanwhile, the guard grunted and turned his flashlight back towards the hallway. He'd easily concluded that neither Nicholas nor Solomon posed a threat, but was wary of the potential for action outside. While most of the subjects in the facility were harmelss, a few were known to be hostile. The Electivire that had caused the blackout, for instance - the staff was having a very hard time just keeping her contained. He shifted his eyes, mistrusting of his surroundings. He could have sworn he'd heard something earlier... or, maybe it was just his paranoid imagination making things up?
    (I just wanted them to team up eventually, glad it is sooner than later. :) )
    Jasmine, 6 hours and 25 minutes in.

Upon hearing the poor goodra's words, Jasmine deducted that he had gone through the same thing as her. The shelmet also acted... peculiar. He was also human from his actions. A normal shelmet would be acting like Rocket is, more hostile when captured in a room without use of a pokeball. She whispered to Rocket, "what else can you do?" Rocket simply had fire and ice form on his teeth, letting Jasmine know he knew all three elemental fang attacks. His wings also glowed like steel, as in steel wing attack. Jasmine smiled, and thought about what she could do. She decided she could most likely do the three bone attacks, along with skull bash. She decided that these move held enough coverage to defeat almost any pokemon. She slowly had Rocket creep into the room when the guard turned back until she was right over head. She then called out to the other human-pokes, "Hey! We are here to lend a hand!" Jasmine then launched farther into the room, while Rocket blocked off the door. The fool of a human was stuck. Jasmine called out, "Rocket! If he tries to run, use any attack you need to to avoid this! They must pay for what they have done to us!"

~6 hours and 30 minutes in.​

Back