• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon Veritas - Rough Copy

Years
  • 2n1vqk6.png

Hey guys, basically it's like 5:30 in the morning and I've just written up a little rough copy of an idea that came into my head, was hoping I could get some feedback and advice! Thanks :D
    Btw this is my first post :3
    I also don't own the shink gijinka image, that belongs to maonoya on deviantart.
    Basically this is a Pokemon gijinka fanfic!
    By the way this is a rough copy so any mistakes please just let me know and they will be fixed.
    The individual gijinka drawings, I do not own and credit goes to their respective owners.

Spoiler:

Prologue

He had not felt this alive in years. The wind rushing through his teal coloured hair, the grass beneath his feet. In that moment he was truly alive. The farmers had gotten quicker as of late and this made it nearly a challenge for young Phey, however as soon as one of the large farmers grew closer, Phey could slip from side to side as agile as a cat and lose the farmer in a moment. His Monday mornings were often like this, steal the bread from the baker, poach the farmer's egg and milk, then straight back home to cook up some lunch. He lived with his Mother and younger sister, although they were related by blood, Phey never inherited any of his mother's traits or looks, except for one and that was her amber eyes. Townsfolk would often comment on the spectacle that was their eyes. Some would say they were like stars in the night sky, while others would see them as an evil omen. All of Phey's other traits and looks were inherited from his father, his mother would tell him. Phey did not know his father; he had disappeared when Phey was merely 3. 10 years later the resentment only grew, due to the fact that his mother had always struggled with money and looking after two children on her own.

His sister however held no such grudge as she only looked towards the future, while turning her back on the past. This was the path she chose, the easier one some would say. Her name was Isa, she had inherited everything from her mother, all the way down to the last cell. She even spoke in her mother's voice in a motherly tone. Phey would often get confused who was shouting to him from afar.
    Phey sat down at the trunk of a tree, drinking from the glass bottle of milk, the farmer's cries had crept away. He could relax.

Although Phey could be described as mischievous, it was merely a mask he used to hide his more honest and deeper feelings. He was, to put it lightly, lonely; he had no friends, no father figure to guide him into manhood, only his sister and his mother whom he had grown apart from lately. He was lost in this big world with no one to guide him, and that is why he acted out, in the dear hope of attention.
    The coastal village in which Phey lived was rather small and the next closest town was across the lake, 20 miles west. However travellers and salesman would often set up camp not far from the village. The village was called Barafin. Even though it was so small, it was still widely known for its fish. Old Jon the Tauros and Butcher would sometimes say that when God made the world he placed all the fish in the ocean next to Barafin and that some just never swam away. Old Jon was one for old myths and banter; he was also one for a glass of whiskey or two.

Hours had passed and Phey decided that it should be safe enough to return to the town centre without anyone kicking up a fuss. Even though it was approaching sunset the town had never been more lively, music was played a travelling band with all kinds of exotic instruments Phey had never laid his eyes on before, townsfolk were dancing, Merchants shouting prices from one end of the street to the other , all eager to sell the goods. However amongst the entire ruckus, Phey spotted two guards whispering to each other while glaring around suspiciously. Phey had a good eye for things out of the ordinary that others wouldn't have noticed; he sometimes believed that his mother's eyes had special powers. Phey climbed up a barrel and onto the rooftop of an inn, he then skipped from roof to roof like he had been doing it since he was born, well he almost had. He then perched himself on the end of a rooftop, leaning over to try and grasp an idea of what the two guards were discussing, to his surprise he could hear them in great detail. The first guard was a young Mightyena, not too long evolved and the second was an older Stoutland with many years in the towns-guard, with a stern look upon his face always. The first guard spoke hesitantly first. "But Sir, don't you believe we should warn the people, I mean the scouting party is nearly an hour late from return and it is almost nightfall."

"Silence boy!" cried the Stouland, not releasing how loud he spoke at first, then turned his volume down somewhat. "The party must have gotten lost somewhere in the forest; you know how they are sometimes."

"But Sir, there has been word of Drapion bandits on this side of the river"

"Now listen to me, I will hear no more of this nonsense or I'll have you demoted a rank"

The Mightyena soon kept his words to himself and lay his head against his chest in disappointment.
    Phey believed the first guard but didn't want to tell anyone the matter in case he seems stupid; this was a true flaw of Phey's. As he cared too much for what others thought of him and little of what he thought of himself. Minutes later he dismayed the voice in the back of his head telling him to act. He finally gave a sigh of relief when he saw one of the men from the scouting party enter the village on horseback. But then the screams came with him.

Chapter 1 – The Frustration of the Helpless

A cry from an elderly Clefable is what was heard first, she was screaming but one word.
    "Blood, blood!" she yelped.
    A wrinkled old finger reached out and pointed to the man from the scout party. Phey couldn't realise how he didn't notice but that was the least of his problems, his felt sick to the stomach. The guard was dripping with blood from the gouge in his neck, his eyes and his mouth, however the sad thing one the man was still breathing. Every breath came with a cough of clotted blood and a desperate gasp from the victim. He was merely a Tyrogue of 16, whom couldn't have been in the town's guard that long. After about ten seconds the coughing stopped and therefore his life, his body dropped from the horse with a thud that seem to echo through the village, by this time the music had stopped and all eyes were on the body which lay face down in the dirt. Silence fell. The old Clefable then broke it with the only word she could muster up, that same word.

"Blood, bl-"

"X-Scissor" A calm voice from the shadows whispered.

She had been cut off, before she could even finish her cry in terror and shock. The townsfolk watched as her head slipped from her body leaving a clean slice. Next to her was a Drapion with his claw covered in blood, head faced down. He looked up.

"Let's play" he spoke in his slithered voice.

Before anyone could react he had already cut his way through six villagers. He was so fast, faster than Phey had ever seen. Phey froze, terror struck down his spine. He had never felt fear like this, this was true fear. All he could do was watch as he saw people he knew since he was a baby, be chopped down like a sack of meat. He lost consciousness.
    He was falling, faster than he had ever felt before. All he could see was the darkness, and then a voice.
    "You can't die now Phey!" bellowed a familiar voice.

Phey recognized but he couldn't remember where from then came another voice.

"Phey! Phey!"

His eyes opened, he was in Old Jon's arms. He looked up at Jon, whom had blood all over his face, he could smell the whisky fresh on his breath but that didn't matter once Phey had realised what was happening.
    Phey looked around to see that the town he had grown up in had turned in to a battlefield, houses and inns were on fire, bodies lay everywhere and Drapion were fighting against every guardsman in Barafin. The guards were outnumbered and out classed. The Drapion bandits fought so swiftly and lightly. The Drapion had grew up fighting for their lives it was part of their nature while the guards had only felt the taste of battle during sparring practise, none of them were prepared for this.
    Jon wasted no time; he brought Phey to his feet and said
    "Right now Phey, I don't have time to explain but you must stay in my cellar, without any questions, you must not leave until I come back to get you, got it?!"

"But I must help, what about Isa and Mom?!"

"Don't worry boy, I'll bring them here".
    He had never heard Jon sound so serious and yet he felt like he had never known the real man behind the drink and stories but he knew he trusted him with his life.
    "Good, now keep safe child"
    Jon lifted Phey up with one hand, opened the cellar door and flung him into it. It was so dark in the cellar; he could only here the cries of battle from outside.

Last edited:

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    There were some small typos, but you'll catch them when you re-edit this. That's what happens when you write late at night. I understand, unfortunately. =_='

Anyway, I noticed the formatting is somewhat off. It's hard to read the story with everything in one block. I know paragraphing on a forum is awkward, so try it like this, maybe:

"Silence, boy!" cried the Stouland, not releasing how loud he spoke at first, then turned his volume down somewhat. "The party must have gotten lost somewhere in the forest; you know how they are sometimes."

"But Sir, there has been word of Drapion bandits on this side of the river."

"Now listen to me. I will hear no more of this nonsense or I'll have you demoted a rank."

The Mightyena soon kept his words to himself and lay his head against his chest in disappointment.

I also changed the font to make it easier to read, and edited out the typos. The font is Times New Roman size three.

Years
  • Thank you for the feedback, I've somewhat attempted to make it easier to read and am about to proof read. What did you think of the writing itself, I'm just looking for some constructive criticism so I can improve. Thanks :D

Back