• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Nidokingdom

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    This is my first hack, so I would like a lot of feedback from you guys on what i did wrong and how to make it better in everything like mapping, story, and scripting.

Story: You are a normal kid from pallet town, but one morning you wake up to find your memory is gone and your mom is a male nidoran. You go outside, hoping to get help, but find pallet town gone. Your hometown is now a field of flowers with something that looks like a small cave. You go inside, and find a ransacked room. In the middle, a ball with an abandoned Corpfish. This is where your journey begins. Traveling forward, you find Viridian City similarly destroyed, although you can still see the ruins. It appears Pallet was destroyed earlier than Viridian, as the grass has already grown over the former buildings there. You travel forward with low hopes, but then upon getting to Pewter: A road, some buildings. However, things are definitely not normal...

Features:
    New maps
    Corpfish as starter, boosted stats
    Nidos rule the world
    City Leaders serve as Gym battles, but don't give badges.
    Badges found around the region.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Current Progress:
    Game up to cerulean, mapped through bills house.

Support Banner:

http://i.imgur.com/63ctUck.png

IPS Patch:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l67w7j8h7fnlwy8/Nidokingdom2.ips?dl=0

Help needed:
    -If someone wanted to make CSS for this page that would be nice

Last edited:

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Seems interesting. I will be keeping an eye on this. I think this has the potential to be good but it also seems it is something that can go downhill if thought out wrong. I would just recommend being careful on where you take your story.

Well, good luck! I hope to see this continue to develop!

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • Corphish receiving some love :pink_love:
    I'd love to see how this is going, but I have no time to play it
    Also, i love the idea of "Nidokingdom". Great name :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    Corphish receiving some love :pink_love:
    I'd love to see how this is going, but I have no time to play it
    Also, i love the idea of "Nidokingdom". Great name :P

Thanks! I'm not sure why i picked corpfish, just random i think. However, I think I'm going to have to change the starter, as Corpfish's moveset without the Physical/Special split is awful, and I didn't think of it when i started my hack, so i used normal FR as a base and not a hack with it already implemented, and i don't have the knowledge or the patience to implement it.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Okay.. the idea is pretty unique but why Nidokingdom? Also why do they rule the world? Your story doesn't say much information about what's happening before the journey begins. Why did the protagonist's mom turned into a nidoran? Or is it through the game to find out why? Well, it still looks interesting but that's only the idea.

The screenies well.. you need to work on your mapping and on your scripting probably. Your mapping looks a bit empty and you just place things everywhere so it looks pretty messy :( But good work as for your first hack though. Hope you complete this one! Stay and improve well

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    UPDATE: Don't worry, this hack is not dead. I am still working on it.
    Features that will be present in the next release:
    Some fixed stuff
    Mapped through Cerulean/former Bills house

Progress has been stopped for a little while while i try to find another spriter, as mine quit and I can't sprite at all. If someone sees this and is good at spriting, please contact me.

When sprites are done, next release will be uploaded

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    UPDATE: Don't worry, this hack is not dead. I am still working on it.
    Features that will be present in the next release:
    Some fixed stuff
    Mapped through Cerulean/former Bills house

Progress has been stopped for a little while while i try to find another spriter, as mine quit and I can't sprite at all. If someone sees this and is good at spriting, please contact me.

When sprites are done, next release will be uploaded

I literally only need like 5 sprites, i don't even need back sprites.

firefight

I like people
    Years
  • looks interesting! the idea is pretty original. from the screenshots it looks really good. though i dont like corphish all that much, i can deal with it since the story seems so unique! lots of luck

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    new version:
    corphish boosted
    up to/through cerulean
    probably other stuff idk
    Bugs ig bc they don't have scripts yet:
    DONT TALK TO THE DUDE IN JIM'S HOUSE.
    DONT TALK TO THE SCIENTIST UP ON THE CAPE.

Last edited:
    Back