• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Season of the anime?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
My favourite seasons is the first season and the new XY series.
It was thanks to the first season I got into Pokémon and it was just amazing to watch through!
But I became very dissapointed of how Ash loosed against Richie.
The XY series has a special place in my heart. I just love the characters in this season and it's the first time a female who travles with Ash have feelings for him (I think) I'm also pretty sure Ash is going to win the Kalos League this time! You can really see the friendship of all Ash companions this time and I just love it!

(Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
4 screens filled again, time for a new entry. Hopefully when I fill this part, someone already made a new post to separate my talk :3c

Season 8 -Clamperl of Wisdom:
"I am unbeatable" - No, you're not.
Luvdisc Is A Many Splendored Thing:
Again I call attention I watch the special episodes in the order on someone else's list. so forgive me that it's not necessarily in release-order, even when there seems not to be any other clue. On the subject: this is unmistakably a girly episode.
Season 8 -The Relicanth Really Can:
Facepalm. Relicanths are supposed to be (almost) extinct, but this surfer dude refers them as something casual.
Those Darn Electabuzz:
Electabuzz-girl special. Let me tell you a wild-known secret: soccer, baseball and cricket stinks. Noone likes tennis and golf. And chess is not a sport.
Season 8 -The Evolutionary War:
Yep, Season 8 has many specials inserted too on the list. This is the last one though, all the others have way less.
The Search for a Legend:
One more from The Other Pikachu's Journey. Now they meet the Bogus Fake Institute. For real.
And why Silver reacts to the name Ash? Is he his father? And Oak gave pikachu to Ash simply because he bangs his mother?
Btw, anyone knows why noone can have the same name in the poke-world? Because youare supposed to register a unique nick when you register to this MMO?
Season 8 -The Right Place and the Right Mime:
Man, pokemon sure has a lot of episodes if you wanna catch up. Not even poke-trainers wanna catch up: why in the pokedex/guides it is not marked which gym has what type of mons? Why the trainers don't make a net-contact telling each other whatgym/etc. Has exactly what pokemons?
Worth to note at this point a creature canhave 5 type ofattacks (not counting normal attacks and being superpowered).
You know the show should not be unenjoyable and crappy. It has stuff to work with: learn new attacks, capture more pokemon, learn lore through ancient and legendary mons, evolve pokemons, win tourneys. Even such b*s*t things like pikachu uses thunder as armor, what is Jessie-quality trolling can pass just for looking plain awesome. But what the show does? Feeds us with fillers, recycles and utter dullness. How can they ruin their product is just beyond me. They even add an entire season as fillers just because they can. And I assure you, if May don't win s* in the next season, I'll be grumpy!
Also, that ching must die.
Finaly: my teleporting pokemon is changed to gardevoir. No backlash from it as far as I know.
PS: How the Hoen League ended for Ash is just prime example of lazy writing.
Pichu Bros. Wild Adventure / aka. Pichu Bros. in Party Panic:
I had 0 idea where this belongs. It is clear as the pichu brothers live in the Johto Region it must be those seasons. Given that Meowth&Co was in work, than Meowth went on vacation, which vacation in its entirety we saw what he is doing, and the fact this episode also counts on Meowth spent a week waiting for his/this party, not to mention after his vacation/free time went immediatelly back to huntin the twerps, tells me this goes between "Pikachu and Pichu" and "Of Meowth and pokemon".
The content otherwise less than special, and while the 3D animation is a nice surprise, I wouldn't enforce it beyond this.
Season 8 -A Real Cleffa-Hanger:
I don't get it. Why noone references Battle Frontier as a separate saga? It is exactly like the Orange League: a short league with the intention of a filler-season (how I hate the idea).
Btw, why noone battles this way: enemy starts an obviously harming big attack, you just suck back your pokemon and exchange it. Who cares if you have another gizmo out there every half second, eh?
Also, why Ash always go to another region? He has atomatic nomination to any region he already visited. And that comes from one of the Elite Four. I can hardly wait to find out who is the fourth member. Come to think of hit, what dumbness is, an Elite Four guards a badge-giving gym? Gyms are to qualify newbies, aka. the gym-leaders are supposed to beatable if you show the right skills. But thisis like legendaries in a League. So?
Movie 8:
Could they not make the intro-pokemons smaller? Bah. And did they payed royalty for copying Lord of the Rings? More obvious Bible-references :( Elements recycled from movie 3 and 4 (those were weak anyway). Note: never dress your chihuahua. I mean pikachu.
What does Ash do on a pokemon-competition? And why May don't participate? And why no talent-entry?
Hint for everyone: if you get an ancient mystical artifact of magical power, and you start to hear voices: THROW IT AWAY AND RUN!
All in all the animation is quite good, but the story is so flat as the Earth which have edge.
Did I mention Star Wars?
Season 8 -The Symbol Life:
Hint: if you see "nuclear danger" sign anywhere - RUN!
The use of 3D effects are paying off I think. And the Battle Frontier might be just a warning for Ash. Will tell you for what when the time comes.
Pikachu's Ghost Carnival:
If there was a haloween special for pokemon, this is it. Unfortunately it relies heavly on conversation, and itis hard to guess out from japaneese. But there is no sub anywhere :( At least Meowth gets a real role (again). Even Cacnea does something!
Season 8 -ending:
What to say? This season's ending is way past its reason, going deeply to a new saga. Also they add random abilities to pokemons, like jigglypuff suddenly know firebreath and other stupid things. And why dragonbreath went from a big energyball to green bleach? No to mention some pokemons now know 6 moves at once!
On favour though let's mention the series gives early-pokemons their time too. Well, at least for kanto-ones. Although I am still waiting an episode that says things like doduo evolvesto dodrio, nidoran to nidoqueen/nidoking, starmie to staryu... Wait, this last one did not happen even in the games.
And I'm sorry they ruined the May&Drew love story.
Ash's achievements with badges in Hoenn: 4* win, 2*rematch, 1 win against alternate pokemons (weaker ones then supposed), 1 badge given from mercy. So Ash still not earned his way to the League.

------------------------

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Go Getters Out of the Gate:
Well, turning humans into pokemons did happen previously, so wynut. Pretty interesting with all the items used up if you ask me.
Season 9 -Slaking Kong:
Coming back for update and turns out I also catched a Magicarp (w00t, emblem)!
Onto business: it really seems a shame noone ever mentioned Battle Frontier saga. While it might not be a "league", it is actually a championship of a higher tier! Well, not so much of a championship if there is one participant only... Seems the entire "Battle Frontier" is a setup to do something with Ash, who don't want to start working and growing up.
According to the series itself pokemon contests and championships are "childish things", and any grown-up participating makes his/her family emberassed. But before going deeper, take a look at the side-characters:
- Brock knocks up May. Yep, it happens. With the well-known euphemism of course. Still totally obvious. And worrysome, this being a kid-show. With guns. Where they eat pokemons. Pokemon is weird.
- Team Rocket while not remaining in focus, has their own little victories, similar when they could capture and offer that one pokemon to Mr. Giovanni.
- Everyone is so into Sabrina (the mad gym-leader in season 1), despite that has a ton of b*s* moments. While here we have that episode's recreated version, and the battle with Anabel is practically flawless. Although should take note in the anime any serious trianer should prepare for two pokemon types without question: ghosts, and psychicks. Ash is still only prepared for non-supernatural combats (heck, I just called a firebreathing dragon"materialistic", lol).
- The series seems to share universe with Beyblade. Just look at the Pokemon Ranger's capturing-tool!
- The series seems to share universe with Yu-Gi-Oh. Aside my theory that if digimon is continuity of pokemon, and humans turning into digimons would scorch the planet logically, leaving society to restart once again, making sentient beings aside humans extinct, and their digi-version left within serious limits, - compare the elements and effects between YuGiOh season 0 episode 1 and "Battling the Enemy Within". Convinces me!
Back to Ash and the Battle Frontier: I have the hunch this whole thing was just society's experiment to do something with Ash, who chases the nonexisting title "Pokemon Master". Unfortunately Ash is mentally challenged, and in his dream-world that title has to do something with winning a Big League (noone takes Orange Islands seriously obviously). The problem with the series is though the question "What'd Ash do if he'd win a Major League?" While most any shounen not just follows its protagnoist through the world but shows that world, and at the end places the protagonist in his/(her) rightful place in it, Pokemon seemingly goes nowhere. What'd happen after Ash reaching his goal? Where'd he settle down? What'd be his profession? With who'd he live with? Not even a hint through the years of production.
Not that Ash hadn't been offered stuff. Heck, during this saga Ash is offered training legendaries, ever changing challanges, fame, practice, girls and understanding (their) nature. Who knows what the Battle King will offer in addition. There is some serious trouble with Ash... But at least first time in history Ash wins an entire championship-tour without relying on free badges (and has only two rematch-wins including the coming 7th badge).
Of course the whole saga can be ruined be the remaining episodes, but the story, the characters, the new graphic - this is the quality that'd worth it.
Season 9 -Aipom & Circumstance:
In theory between this and the previous section would come the second 3D (4D) special. Anyway, everyone complains how Misty "got out nothing",and "was forced to work in a water-gym", which is actually working with water pokemons exclusively, being aside the term itself equialent to a "water pokemon master". But what's up with May? She won nothing here, or according to bulbapedia ever. She is sentenced to walk around trying to be a Top Coordinator until she dies trying at the side of the road in her only clothes, drank and forgotten (she doesn't even get Drew).
PS: Meowth should forget the Hitler-mustache.
Movie 9:
I have some problems. First, the screen is too often dark. Second:why do I have to watch a Disney-villain? Who is he, Captain LeChuck?
First creative use of superpower. First Random Creepy Clown too. Question: how do humans breathe underwater w/o outside help (I assume error)?
The story is coherent (except the treasure)... But Manaphy looks the most suxxor (legendary) pokemon in existence!
Final problem is, I dunno who the People of the Water, nor this made me care, and I have a bet they'll never arise again for a story!
Superior Movie Sin: someone dies a slow violent death on screen. Followed with cheerful music. That's just wrong.
Season 9 -Duels of the Jungle: Nothing to add here. Maybe that the decline experienced before Movie 9 stopped.
Pikachu's Island Adventure
:
Again the poketalk is synched. But the continuity is stretched to the outmost. Even if you watch it right after Movie 9 which seems to be a better place for this for the whole island/beach location. I also don't like the story. Not for being weak, but because it teaches to answer with bullying to bullying. Not 4kids!
Season 9 -ending:
With this in every sense we're over 50% of the current amount of the series!
The Frontier King's battle offered Ash the very thing Ash wanted: to be a Pokemon Master. Part of Ash's refusal happens because of Professor Oak, who sends poor mentally challenged Ash to the "new region" - what was again right next to Kanto -, Sinnoh. Double trolling after helping out Brock! Even more, I have to draw back that Ash won this league. His last fight here is against Alternate Pokemons, what means the gym leader previously demonstrated s/he has some very powerful pokemons, but against Ash like in Giovanni's gym, or during the rematch like here (I don't count the battle when Ash was possessed), or when that gym-leaderess had that Miltank Ash had to spend 3 pokemons to beat (why the GM had not three miltank? If she had them, what'd happen to Ash? Never get enough badges?), so the gym-leader simply uses some pathetic, weak-as-a-kitten pokemon team. C'mon writers!
May is burried even more deeper than she is already: she not just lost at The Great Festival (and will never win it), but also can't win in a teir20 village-league, holding type-advantage, against a trainer (someone not accustomed to festival-style). You can't be a bigger looser than that.
WTF-moment: Ash tosses a tree log in "Pinch Healing"!
My predictions for the next saga: Ash'll either loose for not evolving his pokemons right, or will be trolled to oblivion to frighten him from battling more.
NOTE: Regiice is -328 Fahrenheit. That's -200 Celsius.

---------------------------

Season 10 -Steamboat Willies:
In a sense Pokemon"jumped the shark" with this. Ash tosses away his already aquired pokemons like a child his bored toys, and Dawn having the same goal (and bike) as May seems at least problematic. Not that you'd notice this with Dawn at the start, she being "a new dawn" for the show at its 10th anniversary, a candidate for a new protagonist taking over from Ash. She is a female clone of Ash in personality being dumb and agressive. And for that you don't even do more than rise your eyebrows for Ash's decision. More eyebrows though for the show most of the time go way too 4kids, then oh-so-sudden throws in some major boobs and otherwise adult content.
But two things you'll notice on Dawn either way: her annoying voice what from the start makes me hate this character, and her shorter-than-Jessie's miniskirt which made me investigate if it is anatomically possible. Btw, can someone tell me why girls start with a 99,999$ bike? Why anyone start as boy? I can understand Ash's frustration. But his destructive tendency towards girls' bikes demands psychiatric treatment.
If you complained May stealing the reflector from Ash, look at Dawn! The Sinnoh competitions are simply gay! They are so equally toned to Ash's battles or even more so, that if Dawn does not taking over is a hugh problem, as they don't serve Ash, the story, or the pace of the show the slightest. There are too many fillers anyway.
Another thing is I await are the Sinnoh Legends. If they are game-only I'll be disappointed.
Turning to Ash his obvious (remaining) weakness is not being able to face the unknown. Question arise: why none reads the darn pokedex to learn all species' main attributes?
The animation is also a stepback from season 9. Not a big step, but a decline.
Movie 10:
The intro is uniquely good.
Continuity-problem: when does this happen? What's this "Alamos Town" where Dawn goes for Contest?
A most unnecessary pokemon: lumineon (just throw in seaking, k?). And otherwise bothering that after a long silence a gazillion new pokemon is released just because they can.
The movie DO look badass, and if you have a teenage mind for fantasy, this is your stuff.
Season10 -A Stand-Up Sit-Down:
With the whole Elite Four/Champion business the series basically trolls Ash. Or warns Ash? Considering the same happens to Dawn the moral seems to be READ THE DARN BOOKS, NOT BEING IN SCHOOL IS NOT AN EXCUSE!
Pikachu's Exploration Club
:
Japan dub, no subtitles. the whole things is mediocre. Actually as exciting as the cheslovakian era of Tom&Jerry (= not much, and it's weird).
Season 10 -ending:
Croagunk is a returning joke not getting old (yet). But please, given that all pokemons and their names are fictional, could it be that tier1 names starting with "s" not be such common? Balance out through the alphavet, ok? Give some love o X and Y, ok? Than I'll have much easier time making charts of pokemons, right?
And could Ash&Co be less of a CRIMINAL? Ok, Ash stole a charmander (in theory stealing any pokemon is impossible,so I don't know what founds TeamRocket), destroys every bicycle being jealous (and a beggar), regularly steals ("borrows") practically any vehicle they can lay hands on, but could it be, just for thesake of argument not prevent others capturing wild pokemons? Darn!
Btw,this season was officially so useless it had to have its own clipshow-episode!

------------------

Season 11 -Pika and Goliath:
The degrading quality is marked also by Team Rocket Blasting of Again twice per episode usually. If you have no content,you put up time-wasters like this.
Why the heck this season is called "battle dimensions"?
Moviesin: bag of holding they carry. In those threes mall backpack are: 3 can of water, 10+ box of pokefood, food for humans, 3 sleeping bag, 3camping chairs, 1 camping table, 1 cauldron, dishes, 1 blanket.
Dawn suxxor hardcore. She can't win even qualification-matches. She stinks. Why is she in the series? Boo! The shoe belong to Team Rocket. Their story progresses, they achieve things, and they have a bright future coming!
PS: why the heck a gym-leader battles with a freakin' legendary?!? Gym leaders are to be beaten with 10 years kid wielding 3-6 pokemons for a year or less!
Spoiler:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness:
Ok, I know I should feel lucky even to be able to watch it, but c'mon,the story-heavy babble screams for subtitles!
I have 0idea why this was suggested here, but I'm glad I don't have to watch 40 episode uninterrupted again at least. Although the question rises why a human again got shapeshifted? My only theory is either some pokewitch messing around, or more likely a permanent side-effect of the Palkia vs Dialga battle, but that's unfortunately off-canon as far as we can tell.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky – Beyond Time & Darkness:
The whole back-to-the-future aspect is a lot confusing. Piplup turns out to be a future human, and somehow worked with Grovyle - who than had to be human too? Or was a pokemon who was/is a scientist? What is going on here?
The ending is also a letdown. Although I completely understand two tier1 pokemon going against Dialga is ridiculous, but all they had to do is insert a chase-scene where they insert the fragments while Dialga blows up the sorroundings, than Dialga changes back good and everyone is happy. Why did they not consult me?!
2 more pokemon to go until the 11th movie.
Season 11 -Arriving in Style:
Very time we meet eevee, it is claimed by many sources we met its entire evolution tree. When only three existed. When that was expanded to five. And now... The series should stick to its own logic. When in one episode aiming at ryhorn'shorn would conduct electricity to its brain and fr it, they should not say in the next episode it uses its horn to ground same electricity (happened!).
It is clearly confirmed here that Ash is DUMB. You don't heal and release a wounded pokemon. You kick in it some more and capture it! But I just can't decide if Paul is a jerk, or just practical.
Pay attention to the episode Cream of the Croagunk Crop, because that gave the title of the saga! Diamond and Pearl! Where are we in this? Second season of the region/series? And what Ash has? His usualy suxxor tier1 group he stumbled upon?
Spoiler:

Movie 11:
What's the business with the hedgehog? Who the heck is giratina? Why does each and every movie need alternate dimensions?
Season 11 -The Psyduck Stops Here:
This episode is terrible. The ending is ok, but otherwise it is worst of the worst. Why they all not fly over the ducks? Why they not dig a tunnel? Why not attack with all pokemons at once, why lettheir group massacred one by one? Why Ash did not capture giratina when it was at1% HP?
Pikachu's Ice Adventure:
Again a japan version with no sub anywhere (fortunately you can go without it if you must). And definitely belongs to somewhere else based on location.
The jigglypuff-azumaril appears again. Someone get a gun from season1 pls.
I also hate when I don't know where did anability came from (did the whailord cast freeze?), or what the ability is (this season does this a lot: not showing how the ability looks like, or doesn't explain what it does).
Season 11 -ending:
In Ghoul Daze the prof definitely experiment on kids. What Plan Grandeur Oak has with Ash?
Gym battles. This saga is just terrible with them, not even the narration waits them, but it does remembers you constantly on Dawn's contests. Even if Dawn keeps loosing and loosing (heck, she even forgets to participate). Ash&Co are the looser team? Ever any of them will win the Big Prize?
The gym battles are neither memorable, so much I constantly had to look up what the heck Ash did or did not achieved at points. They are just clashing boring hits, while there is no side-story running along, no character-swaps like the Freeza-battle in DBZ. I think there was always a washed up moral why Ash was still doing bad after 5-600 episodes, but that in itself is ridiculous.
One thing is very obvious: Brock became an adult. So it is no wonder he'll leave Ash&Co. Who got surprised by that step did not pay attention.
Continuity-issue: Dawn's moonlight-feather from the 10th movie is here! (Or she had it forever before.)

--------------------

Season 12 -Beating the Bustle and Hustle:
The season's title is "galactic battle" referring to Team Galactic. But we still don't see Team Galactic anywhere, and a whole season seems unreasonable to be named about its movie (this is an assumption).
The locations vary hecticly between episodes. The cut for sounds is also below any standards. The creators became a little lazy, eh?
During the Ash vs Paul battle Ash is finally shown realising he does stupid things. Unfortunately he makes the same assumption for everyone else, but only Ash is capable to send electric mons against ground ones, or try physical hits against ghost types. Btw, Paul is Powergamer. And powergamer wins. Unless the powergamer is faced with a meta-knowledge gamer. Who anime-wise would be someone who darn reads the pokedex before adventuring and captures-evolves by planning, and not by what s/he encounters. There is a reason why we don't let 10 years old kids who can't count above 10 (happened with Ash!) out of school. So when that Darkrai will come I will not be surprised. Also, if this fight was not a warning to Ash to use all his darn pokemons from storage, I don't know what is.
PS: the anime started to add status-effect abilities.
Movie 12:
They don't even make the effort to make each intro-mon visible. And when even the creators loose counting their own products tells something. But at this point there were around 450 pokemons after a quick count.
And although I'm glad for subtitles to exist, but why the english subtitles use the japaneese names?
They lost me at the start. WHAT just happened? And no, the real-life shots won't satisfy me in substitute of an answer.
Pro-tip: when gravity changes upside-down and a giant space-vortex appear out of nowhere YOU RUN.
Brock is the least funniest ever, and his coragung is flat out creepy.
Ok, Pokemon just introduced GOD. This is (again) jumping the shark. You can't come up with many more powerful things than the literal Creator of Everything. Also Question-time: WTH is the Reverse Realm, and what's the role of Giratina? They seem to be important, they got their own movie, and mentioned along Dialga/Palkia, so they must be important. Although I just smell b*s* for someone forgetting the legend "there was one, than came the two and after that the three",aka. there is no "Satan" in Pokemon. What would have been Giratina before during the end-cut someone responsible finally took notice they made an entire movie about a concept not acceptable in the lore!
Arceus' 16 crystal - means 16 type of pokemons? Ah, too bad, we have 18 types in XY.
The funny thing is, the movie is about god being angry for loosing its invulnerability. Now a simple pikachu/squirtle/bulbasaur can overcome it! (but not a charmander, lol) On the topic, Palkia/Dialga/Giratina being dragon-type should be able to harm Arceus, whose protection to earth/water/grass/electric/dragon was gone when theJewel of life was made. Either way I find it FUNNY that"god" is nothing but a fraud. Arceus has no real power, its power coming purely from artefacts.
This movie is too asian for global taste.
Season 12 -Gateway to Ruin:
Don't ask me, I told many times it was not me who did the order-list. Anyway, I hope the until-now-crappy, and forgettable Team Galactic in their ridiculous outfits (man, I'd fight them just to not have their hair!) soon will start to come up with something,as Team Magma/Aqua were much more interesting than them.
Pikachu's Big Sparking Search:
Aaaand this is japan again. But this time no speech, and the bright colour and sheer "just hanging in the sun" flick is refreshing.
But that azumaril. Kill it. kill it with fire!
Season 12 -ending
:
Team Galactic is still now here. Neither the three spirit-mons. And Pikachu went gay. I meanfell in love with another male mon. Because a scientist invented a machine whatturned every mon gay or sg, but that's side-issue.
Movie 10-11-12would make more sense if happen after The Battle Finale of Legend. But of course that can not be due to accessible pokemons.
And don't forget, there is very little things to do remains in this region: 1 ribbon (who cares), and 1 badge. So unless Ash will intensely evolve his mons (what is very unlikely as we all know), we face a very boring 13th season.

------------

Season 13 -The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore:
Ok, so they still grasping sanity (although barely),and this season is only 34 episodes. And while it is "the shortest season" outside Japan, it is not the shortest inside, as B&W had originally 4 season not 3. "Episode N" (what is a season just to mess with you further along calling Black&White also Best Wishes, releasingBlack&White as TWO movies under the same name of a series, not to mention the problematic numbering of the episodes which are all invented just to make your life harder) had 14 episodes only. Thatisless than season 16.5's 22 episodes.
The season is titled "sinnoh league victors" - but what victory? I have the foreknowledge Ash will fail. I have the foreknowledge the next season/saga was advertised for a long time w/o Ash. So there is your answer for the question "what winners": they planned an entirely new protagonist/group, Ash was supposed to win – but it didn't happen, likely for not taking the decision to their hand, but ascing the audience that after 15year would they miss Ash or not. The creators are stupid.
For graphic the crew has new computers – but does that makes the graphic better by default?
It does not start good from other perspect either: even when Team Rocket is trying legit, society refuses their work. Is there any wonder they keep trying crime?
From the technical view the anime gets ever closer to the games. Now a punch can be delivered from any distance in switch of another attack, and pokemons can not be just psychiced from a distance forever.
Trivia: The episode "Piplup, Up and Away" inspired Team Plasma?
We see Ash turned to be a better trainer by refusing to just taking a badge,while in Kanto he did insist getting badges without battle! But question arise: why did they not just kick Volkner out, or strip the official gym title from his?
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs:
While it is often listed as a twoparter, I wouldn't say it is just for a commercial break. Especially that part 1+2 combined makes the uniquely short 10 minutes episode. 10 minutes of nonsense. What the pinchers stole? Why? What's up with raichu? How will this all end? How does it connect?
Season13 -For The Love Of Meowth:
Well, I think Meowth fell in love with every cat-like pokemon with this. All hail Valentine Day (this friday)! In reflection of that it starts to be weird Ash introducing Pikachu as his "partner". Anyway, I'd like to hear more about breeding...
Spoiler:

Otherwise this whole part (Dawn's final contest) looked so perfect. Team Rocket making a truce wit the Twerps! Dawn reaching an Ultimate Goal! The whole "let's participate in Contests" not being a total waste of time! But nah. That'd be good storytelling.
Well, going by the series' logic Dawn actually followed his mother's dream - but then why keep on insisting pushing further to bea Top Coordinator? And after all the fuss and improvement why not make her win, even if she realises her mistake, finally get a life, and give up this nonsense dreaming? The whole thing is as big of a letdown as it can. Maybe this is The Curse of Ash? Noone can win before Ash?
Movie 13:
No intro - what a relief. but why TR changed from their balloon to Gargamel's flying machine?
3 minutes passed, and we have a jiggly-psycho pokemon. What uniquely don't recite its name (and is yet again telepathic). AND THEY DON'T F*IN' CHECK IT WITH POKEDEX. C'mon!
But heck, I add Zoroark to my team. It can shapeshift into anylegendary, AND gain their abilities, WHILE never even seeing them! Oh wait, it's all just illusion :( Although an illusion that can be filmed...
The Electrabuzz-fan is back, recycled. With a much less annoying personality.
Season13 -Bucking the Treasure Trend:
So, Ash won his 8th badge. Let's see how did he accomplish: 5 badges won without question. 1 after rematch. But two was simply given out of mercy again! He did a double elimination at the 3rd place, and the gym leader "decided" to give him a badge anyway, and for the 8th he was just about to loose when Team Rocket intervened. Then he was just about loosing again when the gym-leader yet again pulled back the ordered attack "because it is Ash". Bugger. Feels the same as the original battle against Brock. Whose nickname Brocky means around here "penis".
Dawn's "what to do in the future" seems to be a 4th wall speech about the series itself. Which should have ended at the peak of its fame. Probably. If it wanned to be good. Still plenty of cashgrab to go though!
Continuity-problem: back when Ash went to Volkner, it is said Flint started his journey at age 20. Now he is shown as 10-15.
Pikachu's Big Mysterious Adventure:
Japan dub. With turkish subtitle, lol! Heck, this was very hard to find. It'd be obviously much better if the subs would be international, but it passes without understanding the talk,and any kind of subs with actualy letters is immensly better than without it, or ona language which didn't invent writing,and still justdraws tiny pictures about what it wish to transmit.
Heck, it is a very good (finally A good) Unown-episode.
NOTE: this episode should happen before Ash&Co leaves the Grand Festival or something for location-reasons.
Season 13 -ending:
I am over 75% of the series! (more if we count specials and movies)
Ash's progress: he switches in pokemons. He practices with all of them just in case. Until now ash in this saga likes unofficial matches to avoid the unknown-factor. This makes his victories cheaper. But he really seems progressed. Big thing is, Ash has plenty or rivals for this saga: the masked guy cameoing from Sailor Moon, Paul the powergamer, the blond haired guy (whose bicycle Ash destroyed). Dawn had her own set of antagonists: the Sailor Moon harpist, Zoe, that brown-haired guy, Jesilina. All for naught. With Ash loosing the series boxed itself into a corner. There is unlikely it can throw in bigger stuffs. My bet goes for the next saga Ash'll welter in misery despite devoting an entire saga to this, especially after Dawn's story is the worst decision ever. But given the sluggish speed of the anime I can imagine they'll shamelessly do that.
Don't forget that I am not a "regular" viewer of pokemon of course. I watch(ed) it in one big go. My thought are reverse-engineering the anime for the sake of making sense of it as one big adventure, and not as individual episodes. This is an advantage few other have.
So Ash being hardheaded might play stubborn, pushing just because his stubornness, sticking with new pokemons only in the next saga. Well, he is in deep depression if he don't just shrug it off and wins big time in the next saga (we all know how BW ends, I don't deny some metaknowledge), but doing that for a whole saga is dumb. Not good writing, but passes the suspension of disbelief at me. The big-big question is:what'll XY do with the story? Ash does stuff since 18 years or so, and there is a limit a "one big journey"story can bear. Ash MUST win in XY, or come up with a very good excuse not to, else Pokemon will earn the biggest Golden Raspberries Award ever.
One thing is sure: Ash "getting lucky" and win in a league where pathetic kids only participate after here facing legendary pokemons will not make him a Pokemon Master in any viewer's eyes. It is already too much a random oneshot character with no background just pulled out 6 legendaries out of his a** without any explanation. In Dragonball a similar thing happened when Master Roshi,and later God itself stole victory from GoKu, but that always came with serious plot. Here: nada.
PS: I WANT this merchandise:
Uj5T1Lc.png

PPS: The use of the Dialga vs Palkia background at Ash vs Paul was really a moment. Too bad it got wasted by making Ash loose. And it wasn't even for that Darkrai, but for the full set of legendaries for that RANDOM trainer in an overall below-average show. And no, implementing "Pokemon Master = League Champion" so Ash looses against The Elite Four (or the campion itself), thus again restarting in a new region is not acceptable.
PPPS, aka. over-analysing the final battle: heracros dies because "you need more than type-advantage"? Most stupid reasoning as it was also countering the most powerful move of Darkrai: nightmare. Second: what did TorCoal do here instead of Charizard? Third: Gible is still a Tier 1 pokemon - a suxxor. Its DrakoMeteor is also the most stupid move the creators came up with until now,as it is a crowd-killer, NOT good for a 1v1 battle. Than comes Septile, and that win is a movie-worth moment. Just to be followed up with a f*ing Latios. Really, I'm not that fond of this anime, but even I had to cry seeing it.
Spoiler:

After against Darkrai Ash had prepared with a) type advantage b) move advantage c) selected pokemon d) reading the freakin pokedex and creating a strategy for f* sake this whole thing (all the league-battles in Sinnoh were top-notch, after a mediocre - but at least not anywhere letdown - saga) is pure trolling from the creators. They not just trolling Ash, they are insulting the audince/their customers. That's my sentence.
Spoiler:

At least Dawn got a well-payed job. Like that'd matter.

------------------

Season 14 -A Rival Battle for Club Champ:
This isn't where the natural pause would come, but I need to RAGE. Seriously. I do here my very best to rationalize all the crap this series produced, and until now I think I did my job. If you don't know "rationalizing" is when you make up connections between the available evidence to reach a predetermined conclusion. In this case the conclusion would be "the pokemon anime makes sense, even if it is weak, the decisions can be argued for".
Really, I looked over recycling, rebooting, stealing, inconsequencies, and whatnot, but I reached my limit. I have to call b*s**t. Seriously, I even thought they under the carpet created an alternate reality, and rebooted the whole series,where Ash is still 10 years old, with a newly aquired pikachu. Surprise surprise IT IS NOT! Right in the first episode of BW (Black&White? BestWishes? For f* sake, decide the title of your own product!) all the previous Leagues got references, so yes, we don't have Ash's Evil Twin, this is still ASH. Who untold must have suffered FREAKIN' AMNESIA trying REPEATEDLY (yes, I'm screaming here!) capturing unbattled pokemons! And that's only the start.
Look, I can understand if Ash'll neglect his pokemons from learning moves, evolving and not doing any good with them. Really, he got served sobad, he might not see the point to care. Heck, he might be so bitter, he might consciously send out unevolved mons with type disadvantage to torture himself, or prove himself he never had a chance against Tobias.
And oh ye, Tobias. Did you notice Ash didn't come to Unova to explore and s*t? He was brought here for vacation (very good excuse why he don't have his pokemons). And when he decides he'll enter the local League Oak, and "Ash's Mom" (does she have a name?) gets so surprised that can mean one thing: they hired Tobias to make Ash fail, leave dueling, and do something useful with his life. Notthatit'd not be Oak's blame that Ash started over and over and over...Well, I might think too much into this, let's move on.
As Oak was mentioned, take notice that Unova is not a new region. Prof Oak "visited here years before". This also sheds some light why Team Rocket takes such an interest in the new crime-organisation: they rule this region since long, and don't want a new player. So Giovanni sends out Jessie,James and Meowth as bait, and they do quit good because they get both equipment, orders and constant overwatch (not to mention their missions aren't too demanding either).

You know I planned to start this section originally with this: did you notice the creators start to forget what they already made? Like when Ash did water/ice, or there was electric/water, fire/water... Than Dawn suddenly re-invents the same thing in fire/ice. Or Ash dueling Paul and P blows up the field by electricity to cause damage by rocks.That's not (just) Ash burning up the field some episodes before, but he literally blew up the field the same way for the same reason for the same issue! And now Ash is 10 years old again... I mean still.
Yep, Iexpected the major problem being Ash being 10 years old still, which is impossible, and I'll tell you why, but at the end of this section. I still need to give out irritation.

So, this whole"push out the children to take care of themselves, let's see how they do" is kinda the spartian way, eh? Not the new colour and animation style. The colours are quite bright. It feels like watching some 2000+made Tom and Jerry, but here the sight works unlike there. Problem is, this show is NOT Tom&Jerry where there is no continuity. Here continuity is partof the story. So there are certain things youare not allowed to do. Like lvl 666 Pikachu loosing to some starters.
And I'm not talking about that pesky Snivy. Pikachu got at that time zapped by some legendary psycho-stalkermon, so s* happens. But what's in the first gym,where all the power got chaneled back to the rodent which practically oneshotted a LATIOS? Unless there'll be (that there won't be is a safe bet of course) a brilliant legend which will be a major plot with that stupid z-legendary (I refuse to look up its name), it is totally unaccaptable.

Ash also has new companions: a high-blown waiter and a naughty (black) duenna (=maid). Pfff. Totally not racist. Robinson Crusoe as a shipwreck still finding a black servant for himself also has nothing to do with racism. At all!
I bet Ash befriending all his pokemons has nothing to do with trying to lighten the animal abuse part of the story.
Did I mention the intro-graphic is below any standard?

So, Ash is 10. Why this is impossible? First, we know time passes. Day after night etc. Also, old event are referred back, so time is evidently passing. After 666 episodes even if 1 episode = 1 day that means like 2 years!
But don't stop there, let's see if we can find more clues how time passed until now. Ye, there are season, but those doesn't necessarily mean anything. Let's focus instead on points in time! Those can be annual events, month-cycles, years referenced - those kind of things.
If you payed attention, at the very beginning when Ash&Co left some beach, Brock complained he'll have to wait next year's summer to see more bikinis. So there you go, we start at Ash being 10 years old, at summer.
We also get a reference from I think Team Rocket, that there is 1 x-mass per year (like that was not evident). This is important,because we have those Special Episodes, and they show us two separate x-masses until Season 3, where Ash tells to Pikachu "at this day we first met". Which means even without the specials a full year had passed, Ash without any question can NOT be 10 years old (we see he is actually 12, or at least two years passed, not just one). For this of course best to check dub-mistakes and corrections of the original japanesee, to not include un-canonised parts.
Then comes another x-mass, than we reach Pikachu's Summer Festival, what is a summer after the winter, signing the third year.
In "Eight Ain't Enough" we learn there is still 3 monthes until the Hoenn League. Why is it important? Because the next reference of time passing is, Ash&Co do Summer School, which in its name tells is held on summer. So unless the pokeworld has more than 12 monthes in its year,this means another year (the 4th) passed by.
Thus the minimum age of Ash should be 14, fourteen years.
Why is he still 10 explicitly stated by the narrator at the very beginning of the B-saga? What happened? Even clones age (look at nurse Joy - heck with the new animation I have trouble recognising Nurse Joy and Officier Jenny). Is Ash a Highly Advanced Android? Prof Oak referenced him as"special case", and when he started the unimaginable happened: on the same day more than 3 kids turned 10 years old (who were the other two along Gary?). Or the Ho-Oh legend-theory is right? OR WHAT?
The series better gives answers, or it'll land along Silent Hill which had the motto "Mysteries without explanations, secrets without answers".
Spoiler:

Season 14 -Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest:
There is no interaction between Team Rocket and Ash&Co. It's like watching to series at once.
The new pokemons lack ANY originiality with the exception of trubbish and yamask. Ok, I take notice that lillipup must be an entirely artifical breed, not a natural pokemon, but c'mon it is just an unshaved eeve! Else its "switch pokemon"ability would never ever could evolve. They not only don't have new moves, new personality, but neither new look! And wth each and everyone gain evolutions "for plot" EXCEPT Ash?
Oshawot is the victim of "scientifically guessing" what is cute and what is not (watch that DP episode). It is downright scary, not cute!
Talking of scary, I'm starting to be fed up people shouting ghosts, and screaming curse when they see telekinesis. F* you, you live with psychic and ghost pokemons! They are just bloody pokemons, got it?! And the third gym's leader is a total fagot.
Dawn - Setting off on a New Journey:
We learn that although Dawn looked excited for the job offered, she never took the opportunity. She was just wriggling in depression. This special is very energetic,whatis invigorating after the terrible, terrible BW. FINALLY someone says: restarting with just one pokemon is B*S**T, let's keep them!
Pewter Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever
:
Depsite bulbapedia states this and the previous was released combined into a "one hour special", they are only 45-50 minutes when put together. Well, maybe they added the commercial break too.
Aaand Brock expired. He never breeded anything, and his only sidestory just got culmination. Well, he DO become a doctor though, so he's as good as Misty, and more so, he might have an opportunity to guest star. but what's this thing again that you are nobody if you have anything less than legendaries?
Season 14 -Team Rocket vs Team Plasma:
Yep, I make a pause at this unaired, and scrapped twoparter. As all the released footage got recycled into other episodes there is no chance the studio will ever keep its promise to release these. And with the sudden cancellation likely killed the only acceptable part of BW. F* U, that was key plot! These episodes were what had gave meaning to Jessie, James and Meowth in the region! And they were needed to keep up the pace of that plot! It went so c00l, and they even bothered to attach its rockin' trailer into the "DP-specials" (the Dawn and Brock sidestory)!
Because in this section there can be told good bits of BW! For example I LUB the new pokedex showing the critters from angles (too bad it never shows the mentioned alternative forms). Or there is the the scraggy vs axew fight at the beginning of "Dancing with the Ducklett Trio", which is probably the best fight of pokemon ever.
Of course there are more bad things, like this connoisseur-business is far less profiting for the anmie than the contests. Maybe game-fans candrool for it, but I see nothing. And it feels like there are only 3 type of mons are inthe entire region, and Ash only has 2, not 6. Plus I'd give a LOT to see in one episode Ash, or just some random NPC catch one of those psyho pokemons, AND EAT THEM.
Oh well.
Season 14 -A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition:
The Iris-plot not moved an inch. Cilan is literally just there to have another character (and free Ash from making/gaining food). The highlight of this doze is where Ash farts out his pokemon.
Btw, with all the attracts flying around, Ash better get a lapdance, or else! I'm officially bored. The series no longer even frustrates me, not to mention entertain.
Oh, and pokemon just said they are anti-science.
Pikachu's Summer Bridge Story:
I have this feeling certain specials just not catched the interest outside japan. Not even the community enough to make a home-sub for it. Bugger. Fells like watching teletubbies: you want to understand, but there is no way.
To be noted as Ash goes around with EIGHT mons out of his limit of six, I don't really care where this episode fits. It likely belongs way before in BW judging by the mons, the latest of Ash being Snivy. But also has James' Jamask, at which time Ash already had a sixpack.
Using the previous-generation graphic is somewhat interesting. To have another jiggly-psychomon is not at all.And ending the specials with fireworks also gets old.
Movie 14 White:
Whoever invented the Black&White movie/s should suffer in some very uncomfortable place/s. Is this one or two movie? Why is White the first part instead of Black? How one can reference it w/o confusing with the anime and/or the games? If White features Zekrom, why the first of the pair we meet Reshiram? Who came up with this marketing's nightmare?
I like the new "Pikachu Movies" logo design.
A sign of time passing: we saw Spring Deerlings in the show, now we see Summer Deerlings (add to this the previous special being summer too).
"They say this castle float here from that valley. It's a legend, so no way knowing if its true. But hey look, those berries look delicious!" - WHAT THE NINE HECK?!? I write better stuff than this!
Moral of the film: Ash can have skills, perfect choices, high level mons, even FREAKIN' BLESSING FOR VICTORY FROM LEGENDARY MON, and still loose (we all know how B&W ends,right?).
Hm, the Black&White dragons at near-fatal injury turned to stone - just like humans do?
Anyway, the movie is good. A shame it belongs to such a terrible saga.Although have to say, where is Team Plasma? And pokemon with jet-engine in its ass, people living in a sword - can't stop wondering what were they smoking?
Continuity problem: How could Zekrom zap Ash in BW episode 1 if it was stoned? Wait. After a closer look in "Shadow of Zekrom thatis not Zekrom! It is Black Kyurem! How do I know? The shape of the end of wings excludes Reshira,White Kyurem and (neutral) Kyurem. The arms decide, as the siluette has spikes on its arms,something which Zekrom lacks!
Movie 14 Black:
The intro implies this is some kind of Alternate Reality compared White. Let's pretend it's not. Ok, do not pretend. This is definitely an alternate storyline. DAMN YOU NINTENDO!
Hm, not that I think about it, was there any solid reference to the previous sagas? I mean mentioning their names hardly qualifies with equalling Ash per se being there... But beat me with your shoe if anyone was supposed to think this up without clear statement from the studio itself.
The reason to watch this after White is in the intro: that has Summer Sawsbucks, this has Autumn.
An important question here: is this movie good enough not just to be able to watch it twice in a row (because of White), but to want it to watch it twice?
Season14 -ending:
Business Model #1: a) catch zorua b) breed a pack of zorua c) open brothel) $$$.
Note on Bianca: typically the girl you want to lay with, but never ever marry her.
movie-timer question: in the anime (#700 or less) the deerlings still stay summer-form. But in #701 Emolga starts to not run from battles. Go figure.
New founds on "isBW reboot?": inepisode 1 we see a previously won trophy. Well, nothing on it, so could be anything. Also Prof Oaksays "I'll continue to look after your pokemon (singular!) back at my lab" - but that might only mean the lab in Unova (?= Uno nova? New One?), as Ash sends his newfounds to the unova-professoress, not to Oak. Will keep updating this question (of course I refuse to rewatch the episodes I didn't bother with this question, which are ca. 1-10 of BW).
This section meddles with some very elongated local tournament which effects nothing, thus should be considered entirely as FILLER (and Ash can't nail it anyway). Its second half is about a forced overarching Team Rocket plot,which ends with a cliffhanger.
Biggest letdown: Ash vs Dino. One episode ends with their battle just starting after a pumpup of the audience,the next start with after-the-last punch. Bugger.
Feels like the already low target audience (age 12 I assume) got lowered with BW by one class further (to 8). And the stuffs on the screen are too big for their own good.
There is one character I start to like in BW: Stephan.

----------------

Season 15 -Rocking the Virbank Gym:
Ca. 35 episodes w/o any specials to break. This is insane!
Reboot or not? The series mentioned Tracy – but that's still not an exact reference to what already happened.
I feel the show lost interest even in itself. This quote illustrates it perfectl: "I relied on you, this, that, and A COUPLE OF OTHER POKEMONS until now" -WTF? Ashdon't give a F*? Well, ho DO carry around 9 pokemons (he has a 10, and that's the only one in storage) from the limit of 6... Also, the show implements the feature "if you look at me eyes, we battle". Kinda repetitive it is. The random events were already random, but getting the exact same random event is anything but good. No wonder Nintendo didn't make any profit in the last 2 years! Pokemon logic: polar bears can fly!
By the way, everyone is complaining about the keyring-pokemon. But that's at least a pokemon. You can see it is. But klink and its evos are not even that. Add to thatthe already lazy designes like larvitar + tusk =axew, bellossom - 1 flower = lilligant... And the problem with the movie-guy is, his job is not related to pokemons. Tracy,and other regulars always were a way to show deeper of the pokemons' life. This guy does not.
14th movie timing: the anime from Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita start to have summer deerling,and when Ash&Co goes to the ruins where "the hero met Zekrom" they seemto be familiar with the legendary. And at that point the three anime-legendaries appeared, which gives more meaning to the credits-scene(s).
Oh, this section contains ANOTHER Tournament - where Ash again keeps loosing. But not everything is for the naught! This is the first season Ash without question wins his badges! Even smaller things matters at this point. Well, not entirely. He did have 1 rematch, but that's ok. The problem is in the final gym: it is not the regular 3:3, or any equal battle, but a 3:6 battle. On the contrary everyone had the same rules - andkept loosing there -, and maybe those three are maybe, just maybe not ordinary gym-mons, but higher leveled mons, so I let it pass for the sake of arguing this region was not just for the naught.
PS: The fight with Mecha Tyranitar is an anomaly-peak here. The episode as a whole suxx, but the in-episode gozillamovie-replica is geniously done.
PPS: Where is Team Plasma?
Season 15 -Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times
:
At the previous section the first japaneese season ended. Yep, since that miserable 80 episode long season, which never happened since the original, Kanto season, they tried it again. Since that BW japaneese season got reduced to ca. 20 episodes, which the international release took to with season 16 and 16a. I'm surprised there is no chart for comparsion.
Wr8czoK.png

We learn the Unova League is 3 month the point Ash won his 8th badge. That seems long to wait, and two episodes seem short, but I'm so fed up with the pushed (fake) advertisements like Irisis with the ConManTimes (conessiour or what, which Cilan is).
Big NOTICE: Cynthia reappear, and the show refers the entire Sinnoh-league along her! This makes everything worse (like Team Rocket, lol), as it defines the series not being reboot (especially with the narration whichbondsthis japaneese season with the previous, so we have all the connections).
Ash decides to enter BW's 3rd championship (the Regional League will be the 4th). Who wanna bet he'll loose big time?
Sing Meloetta - Search for the Rinka Berries:
You won't believe but the only accessible version is a japaneese dub with russian voice-over (for those who don't know what it is: it was a dub-technic where one person spoke over all the characters, many times on a continuous neutral tone, and you could still hear the original voices). It also has the unique length of 7:30. It is pretty dumbfound, but passes.
Season15 -Expedition to Onix Island:
This whole thing seems like trying to be nostalgia very hard: a special onyx (remember the crystal onyx?), flashback of Brock, Dawn being there, Kanto-mons being everywhere...
Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade:
Finally back to english. It is fun to think the pokemons have their lives hidden from their masters with these latest two specials. Aside the too many random other-region mons this is a mesterpiece.
Season 15 -ending:
Cubchoo is a pokemon which should not exist. I hope it'll never appear in any imporant episode, so when all copies of the episodes it is in will disappear (<= destroyed) I'll feel better. It is such a disgusting thing.
Heck, I like the english segmentation better for this. While in the japaneese version these pre-tournaments are "filler random events", in the international version they gain some meaning, relieving some weight from the (after-fifteen-years-start-to-be-boring) badge-collecting.
The Alder vs Trip battle tries to bash the stupidest moral down your throat: youshouldn't if (Ash) loose or not, just watch the showand give us your money. My ass. I tell you what Trip lacked: type disadvantage. BW's rule #1 is, if you have an advantage you can not win, and you can only win important fights with a type-disadvantage.
BIGGEST ERROR CODE EVER: the studio annoncec in "Goodbye, Junior Cup - Hello Adventure" Ash'll loose again to a legendary pokemon. They willfully repeated the previous mistake. Ash seeing this s*** must fall into a coma! Btw, how is it YET AGAIN that every random NPC walks around with godlike creatures,when you, the supposed hero only have some imp?!? Seriously, where these people get their mons? First Tobias, than Nurse Joy, now this Cameron-guy...
I see that the series tries to establish Cameron as the version, part of Ash who wins, but the only thing it achieves is saying "even this dumbass can win with a legendary".
Oh, important thing: "The Road to Humilau" establishes that Pokemon Master does NOT equal with Pokemon Champion.
I looked up some reviews at this point for sheer annoyance and boredom and feeling cheated despite knowing what's gonna happen, and it came to me they not only forgot Team Plasma, but also Snivy who jonied in the hope of a better trainer (never got usedor any way advanced), no idea where the(fully evolved) pidove is, I don't even know what a scraggy is, and palpitode is also heavily underused despite looking a quit capable pokemon with personality. Also, when will Irish evolve her Axew? You know, turning to a Dragon Master would require only that! And if I'm up to it, I fellcheated alsofor Biance being replaced by this MORON Cameron.
Movie 15:
We got back the many-pokemons-in-icons opening. You can recognise most of them, but they appear in overwhelming numbers at this point for sure.
There is not much of a story. The movie is practically one big formal battle between two pokemons we don't give a f*. The core was taken for the script from the Three Musqueteer but without the eventful story.
And again the supposed moral: you loose,but you learn from your losses. My question is, what Ash was supposed to learn from HIS losses? What IS a Pokemon Master?
PS: at all cost avoid the english dub. Too much stuff got removed from it.

--------------

Season16 -A Unova League Evolution:
With this the second japaneese season ended. The creators still lub to tell you how awesome they are. What is kinda retarded.
Season 16 -What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals:
Andthis is where Season 16 a of the international dub ends in comparsion. By putting Ash's despicable loss in the middle, it tries to save this wretchedness by focusing on N's character. But atthis point the show really falls apart. It feels like two separate group not discussing their ideas govern the BW-series, one which think it is a complete reboot, and one which wants it to be continuation. The worst of the whole thing is they both seem to agree that they should dump the whole badge-gathering/league participating and focus on the local crime-syndicate, making some kinda scooby-doo flick (Pikachu! Where are you?). Of course trying to get rid of the very foundations of the series is getting rid of the series itself, thus not possible. They should imply get rid of Ash. By making him older, or by passing the quest to a new generation (getting an old man telling his tale, and a new kid steps out of the door), or simply making Ash disappear to a legendary then all previous companion looking to rescue him or someone trying to find him visiting and possible joining each previous companion or something. Anything but the current flow.
Team Rocket is back to their old ways - probably nostalgia-purpose, or fan-pressure, or just trying the old way instead the failing current.
Coming to evil, Professor Oak uses Ash to spy on other regions? Darn, prof Oak is EVIL!
"There isn't any difference between pokemon and humans"? When was the last time you battled your pokemans? Isn't it a weird conversation: "Your pikachu is cute! No, your pachirita is cute! Ok, let's fight them to the death!" - just when after the opening season we just started to forget about the pitfight aspect... Do pokemons just have Stockholm-Syndrome? And that dumb "solution" for the dilemma: "They are happy this way". My arse! They are brainwashed by a machine, forced to labour, kept imprisoned. Some might have good relation with its slavemaster, but that's not the ground everyone builds on!
NOTE: why are deerlings still summerform?
Continuity issue: how many Reshirom there is?
Season 16 -Capacia Island UFO:
The last international half-season and the last japaneese season matches. This first section here ends with the title suspiciously having "ufo" in it again. The very first scene of "Decolora Islands" shows Fangor-Reshirum of the Neverending Story. What a dummy.
Must ask finally: Prof Oak and Muk have constant buttsex?
The battles long time went absolutely unimaginative. No clever counters, moves, anything, "I shoot, you shoot, sometimes we dodge,sometimes we don't even try that". Bummer.
The most awkward part is, when they simply clone a previous episode (the oshawot-king from the croagunk-king episode, even to the point of cloning entire conversations amongst everything else).
Why was Charizard rehired if it never does anything? Even when it appears on screen it never effects anything. Lame.
From character point of view, why Ash wastes his time with this trip? To see pokemons he won't catch? To catch pokemons he won't use? To find friends he'll never ever meet again? What is the POINT?
Eevee & Friends:
You want to see Oshawot, the Brock Pokemon tortured for whatever reason? This short is for you then. Otherwise it is a self-service extravaganza.
Mewtwo - Prologue to Awakening:
Continuity-issue: Only DAYS after MewTwo blew up the lab? Well, the special was created as a giant flashback-exposition.
Copyright-issue: MewTwo's Freeza-form tranforms into MewTwo's Boo-form. So much about originality.
Movie 16:
There is no pokemon debut. Well, that's a first.
Porygon2 appears as recognisable cameo in the intro.
The animation is again worthwile to mention being significantly different and better than the average episode.
While the genesects are made pretty interesting (and not a little transformers-like), the story is nothing else but a big-bada-boom version of the first movie.
NOTE: I don't see this MewTwo distinct from the original one. Ye, this has a female voice - but voice actors can come and go. There is no specific detail shown to distinguish the circumstances of the creations if there really was two. There is no events referred which'd divide the "two" characters. There is no scene where the two would appear together. This aside it wouldn't be impossible tocreate "MewTwo" twice even by individual crews given the known details of work necessary to create MewTwo. You simply put together all (accessible) pokemon DNA with Mew's being the final key element, and go enchance the abilities by powering them up. This would inevitably result in a MewTwo, although some special abilities and their limits might differ.
Season 16 -ending:
And with this the BW-saga technically ends. I say "technically" because the "Iris vs Ibuki! The Road to Become a Dragon Master" special is still left.
In "The Journalist from Another Region" I think that's an autumn-deerling,despite what bulbapedia says. Would be time the seasons turn again.
Question Time: for the sumo festival why not used Charizard? You know, as the biggest mon at hand?
At now I lost my enthusiasm to make notes of abilities further. There are just too many mons to keep track. I finish it with this section and let it on the creators.Although I think even they don't bother and just put in the effect they feel up to.
"Operation X, Y and Z" is coming.
Iris vs Ibuki - The Road to Become a Dragon Master
:
This was made later, and in time probably happens later, but after the glej (gay?, can't find a translation) ending of BW I'd prefer Iris' pulling down attitude, and leaving Cilan's more enthusiastic behaviour for warming me up to XY(Z).
Seems a bit early for "return" of the "old" characters, but whatever (the special was made in pair with Cilan's special with some monthes differences).
The special shows a little what a Dragon Master is. But too little, too late. We're as depressed as Ash's mom (does she have a name?).
Cilan and Brock - Gyarados's Outrage:
I am so furtunate I have this too with english sub.
It is traditionally going, so isn't that special. The best you say is, it is very solid.
Interesting tidbit is,we have the old-design Joy&Jenny back.

-------------

Origins:
Re-introducing the series: clever. It even starts with the first episode's fight which Ash watched in tv.
Red really wanted to name his starter "burial"? "Interesting" choice.
It seems a "little bit harsh" when squirtle rips out charmander's throat. Just tellin'.
The "TM"s (tactical moves?) I think come on CDs because the poketransfer-machinesinscript them into the pokemons' brain just like who their SlaveMaster is.
Misty looks older than in the main series she ever did.
Pokemon cemetery?
Question: humans have ghosts. Pokemons have ghosts. Do ghost pokemons have ghosts too?
Question: how is it selling pokemon for money is illegal, but when the Magicarp Man does it it is not?
Giovanni in the 3rd part is deep. Too bad at the same time it declares alternative timeline, because in Origins he disbands Team Rocket.This crashes Origins for me.
And the 4th section gives yet another MewTwo. Couldn't it be a simple Mew? Couldn't we see Giovanni lying, calling back his troops as soon as Red went 10m away? Nintendo is rly this bad writer? And I can't stand the abuze of Charizard. It is so overused in Origins you wouldn't believe.
HChD6QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Last edited:
Back