• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playing God(s)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
  • I would really appreciate it if someone posted an RP here, in which every character has somehow inherited the power of a certain mythological being.

Think Percy Jackson, only more awesome.

And whoever decides to make this happen, I have two requests:

1. Credit me.
    2. For those of PC who aren't huge myth nerds, go to godchecker.com

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • Unfortunately I'm not that great at writing my ideas....

Try it out. I bet you'll do better than you thought you would.

And if your vision fails to come to fruition you don't have to tell everyone you failed. I've got a fair few rps that never made it past the drawing board, and no one knew until now. :p

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Try it out. I bet you'll do better than you thought you would.

And if your vision fails to come to fruition you don't have to tell everyone you failed. I've got a fair few rps that never made it past the drawing board, and no one knew until now. :p

The new RP format will most certainly make it extremely difficult...

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I understand what you wish to achieve, but you can't just say an basic idea and then expect people to credit you, if so then people could do this for every idea, I for one have been thinking of this for years. Should I need to credit you for an idea I had before you posted this?
    Examples: Sea Champion (Alex Forestveil) by Estrello (me), Nerites Ekitai by Foxrally (Both from Titans.)
    There have been Percy Jackson rps to my knowledge.

As far as writing it goes, you should try to think it through and say it/type it how it comes to you, the speak to people to see if they understand and tweak it in order for them to improve it.

I hope you don't misunderstand my objections as being malicious.

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Good point, but

This has shifted from "Can someone else develop this basic idea" to "I have ideas of my own", and yet you've made a number of cavils throughout.

Are you going to buckle down and earnestly plan out a role-play you can proudly claim as your own, molded to your own specifications, entirely of your own merit? Or no?

If you will, organize and flesh out the important points and mechanics, and propose them so that this becomes an Interest Check with more substance, where people will have more incentive to post whether or not they would like to join your idea of a role-play

And yes, you should take responsibility for your own idea. Don't misunderstand when I say this mate, but if you keep shirking suggestions by potential players to sit down and work on this idea of yours, the Interest Check comes off as moot. Just really think about this on your own time, and come back with a clearer proposal. Maybe then, if you still don't feel secure in heading a role-play on your own--which I understand, since management of a number of people is a big responsibility--someone here may offer to help you set up, or even co-GM. But we need a premise that's not so general first.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    God RP can be really good if done well. The big question is if you'd stick to one Pantheon, or let them all mash together.

Back