• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you say when you pick up the phone? XD

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
  • Sweeties, you might be thinking, what kind of question is that? XD A typical person usually say "Hello", or "hi", when they pick up the phone. 50% of yall sweeties know, I'm a NOT typical person. XD Here's what I say when I pick up the phone:

"Chinese Restraunt!"
    "Jeremy's Chinese Restraunt!"
    "Ly's Chinese Restraunt!"
    "Monst?! We put the "F" "U" in fun!"
    "PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHER!"
    "City Morge!"
    "Tailand!"

XD Sweeties, if you don't believe me, ask my brother or my friends IRL. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    XD I just say "Hello". But since we have caller ID i just say "What do you want?" depending on who it is XD

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I just say "Hi" or "Hello" or "Wha?"
    Normally what people would say.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • On my cell phone with its caller ID and such, I'll normally just say, "Fish!" or something when I answer the phone. XD

At home, though, it's just a simple, "Hello?" I'd like to be far more random one day, but that has to wait until I move out of the house if I value my life. XD;

Years
  • Hmmm, quite a few things o.0;
    Hi, hello?, yeah, Speak (If I know the person), ohla (if advertiser), probably more the listed XD.

tyranitar_dude said:
    XD I just say "Hello". But since we have caller ID i just say "What do you want?" depending on who it is XD

That's what I do..... Only my 'what do you want' is a more agressive WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've only done that to Riku(imgonnakilllexie), so ya can't ask Saphi(dark_espeon) cuz she hasn't experienced my more crazy phone answers.......but she will!

*calls Saphi*

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I wish I could post that one Calvin & Hobbes comic where Calvin's talking on the phone and it's like:

"Can you take a message for me?"
    "Sure, let me get a pen."
    *blows up balloon and pops it*
    "Ahhhg! I've been shot!"

"I hate taking messages.

Yeah, if I could post it, it'd be funnier.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I never talk on the phone myself ^_^
    I only talked 4 times in my whole life. One I just answered, one I said goodbye to a friend, one I talked to my mom while I was away from home and one I talked to my aunt.
    I probably said hi or something. I know people who say "yello"
    In Japan, they say moshi moshi

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I just mainly say.Hello or Hi or Good Morning,Afteroon or Eveing.

Seto7Kaiba

LunaticJohnny
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 5, 2005
    Most people I answer the phone for is a Hello? Who is this?

When its my dad, I say "Heya sport! Whatcha up to?"

When its a friend, I say "Whadda want kid?"

When its someone else, I say "I don't sell or buy cookies!"

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • I say "G'Day, what's up?" normally, if I'm joking around I'll say some random stuff like "Yeah mate, we've already sent a hitman out to your place, thanks for calling our "Hire a hitman" service, bye".

Sometimes I'll hang up after that, since they always ring back :P

Or I'll pick up the phone and say "Is Ben there?" and they'll be like o.0 since they caled me :P

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I'd just be like, "Hello?" curiously cuase I don't know how to set caller id. xD;;;

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Well, I avoid picking up the phone, due to being shy about calling up on the phone~ but if I must, it's normally my friend or family on the end of the line, so I just go "Hi [person here]." Yes, I'm boring. XD

But, I used to pretend to be the phone company and say the phone would explode, and then count down. XD

Crimson King

Liberate
    Years
  • i wont answer it unless i know its family or a friend, which then ill just say "Hello", but if it aint anyone i know i let the answering machine pick it up :)

Years
  • If I know the person, I'll say 'Hi!'
    If it's another one of those freakin' advertisers who speak in funny accents and try to sell me a mobile phone, I'll either speak in French or speak in an Americal accent. It really does their head in!

This is what I say:

'Bonjour! Je m'appelles Charlie Whitmore. Je n'ai parle Anglais, Je suis Francais.'
    (Meaning: Hello! My name is Charlie Whitmore. I don't speak English. I am French)
    *And if they really do my head in*
    'Vos odour!! Tais vous!! Au revoir!!'
    (Meaning: You smell!! Shut up!! Goodbye!!)
    *I slam the phone down.*

Back