• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] Crystal AI Hex editing?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    I want to edit the trainers AI in pokemon crystal by making those trainers use heal items? I see in crystal kaizo sometimes the trainers constantly heal over and over by full restore, and I would like to know the pointers I need to change to do this?

I am not new to hex since I am computer engineer in school.

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • I can't give you hints on what to do exactly to accomplish this, but I guess you could make them have an infinite amount of the items they carry (by never "removing the item from the trainer" when it uses it (= not writing 00 to the item's location in ram?)).

The best way to do this anyhow is to fork pokecrystal disassembly (https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal), and implement this change by re-coding some of its files with a text editor. Finally you can compile the files of disassembly into a rom file.

Back